Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Er, don't we throw Max and Stras at them next?  

It's not the pitching I'm worried about - it's the bats. The team doesn't usually get clobbered (thanks to good pitching) but they have had a nasty habit of losing these 1 run games because the bats go cold at the worst times. 

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I've decided I'm just going to treat Juan Soto like he's Bryce Harper.  

I'm leaning towards letting him walk. Soto is clearly God and is Mike Rizzo's greatest move in this history of his greatest moves. St. Rizzo, Patron Saint of Deified GMs!

If we really let Bryce go, our lineup will probably look like this by 2020, if not late 2019:

1B - splashy free agent signing that we snag after failing to sign Bryce

2B - Difo

3B - Rendon 

SS - Turner

LF - Eaton when healthy/Goodwin

CF - Robles/Taylor

RF - Soto 

C - Severino/Kieboom

And doesn't that look fun? As long as we keep the rotation in good shape, which is where a lot of that Bryce contract would go, I don't think our window is slamming shut for a while. 

45 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Welp, Matt Adams it is. And there's nothing left to debate on that front. 

This really, really doesn't feel like our year, but I'm not giving up yet. 

are you kidding me?  I have the exact opposite feeling.  This team is taking the personality of their HC and battling and buying in.   It's actually nice that Adams gets to play 1st and not be a liability in the LF

Just now, skinfan2k said:

are you kidding me?  I have the exact opposite feeling.  This team is taking the personality of their HC and battling and buying in.   It's actually nice that Adams gets to play 1st and not be a liability in the LF

You're not waiting for the other shoe to drop with all this injury news? I feel like we can't catch a break and I'm not thrilled with the way our staff has reported and treated the injuries we've had. With these guys, Max would be reported to have a hangnail only to have his hand amputated a month later. 

Granted, I'm very pleased with the way Martinez has managed the awful hand he's been dealt. I thought people were being wildly unfair to him early on because they needed a scapegoat. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

You're not waiting for the other shoe to drop with all this injury news? I feel like we can't catch a break and I'm not thrilled with the way our staff has reported and treated the injuries we've had. With these guys, Max would be reported to have a hangnail only to have his hand amputated a month later. 

Granted, I'm very pleased with the way Martinez has managed the awful hand he's been dealt. I thought people were being wildly unfair to him early on because they needed a scapegoat. 

Nope. I feel good that they seem to have quality guys where the injuries are happening. If this were August I would be worried. Right now I feel like they  could be better and deeper at the end of the year. 

This also shows how well St. Rizzo constructed this team. 3 top OF have been out for weeks, two will be out for a couple more months, Rendon missed a couple weeks, Murphy still out, the Hellickson move looks like a stroke of genius. 

The way I look at these next two games, we're playing with house money--won the SD series, split in AZ.

Archived