Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Gio really might leave this dumpster fire of a performance with a lower ERA than he did going into it. Lol I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen him pitch sloppy and come out the other side having done enough to win. 

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Missed the game. Guys like Kelley and Gott can't be trusted. That's the truth.

Gott is so tantalizing because he has such great stuff--too bad he's the new Blake Treinen, who's been killing it in Oakland this year. Kelley is a gopher-ball waiting to happen.

People **** about the bullpen, but the Law Firm has been really good. Since his early season stuggles, Kintzler has a 0.61 ERA, Madson has given up 9 ER this year--8 of which came in 2 outings. And Doooo, well, Dooo has been the best reliever in baseball. We need to find a better bridge to them--Solis is hit and miss (4.50 ERA, 2.45 FIP), Grace is hurt and not good. Wander Suero is a huge question. Syracuse has nothing to offer, really. Looks like Rizzo will be bullpen shopping again this year.

This is bad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2018/05/09/adam-eaton-travels-to-wisconsin-to-seek-second-opinion-on-injured-ankle/?utm_term=.6628b791d7a4

Adam Eaton travels to Wisconsin to seek second opinion on injured ankle

Nationals outfielder Adam Eaton traveled Wednesday to Green Bay, Wis., to seek a second opinion on his ailing left ankle from renowned orthopedic surgeon Robert Anderson, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Eaton injured the ankle on an awkward slide in mid-April. The pain continues to be a concern, especially because he sprained the ankle when he tore his anterior cruciate ligament last April. Nationals medical staff initially diagnosed Eaton with a bone bruise, but the pain has persisted.

I think Wander Suero might be a solid guy in the bullpen.  I was hearing a critique of him where someone said don't watch him pitch, watch the batters bat against him.  They never get a good swing, because he keeps them off balance. 

I'm keeping an eye on him.

Also, they say he's 26.  He looks like he's pushing 40.  I hope those Dominican records are accurate.

I'd expect some changes to the Nats medical staff this offseason. This is the 2nd year in a row, and 3rd out of the last 4 years where injuries have been an issue--not just the occurrence of them, but the diagnosis and recovery have been handled poorly.

21 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I think Wander Suero might be a solid guy in the bullpen.  I was hearing a critique of him where someone said don't watch him pitch, watch the batters bat against him.  They never get a good swing, because he keeps them off balance. 

I'm keeping an eye on him.

Also, they say he's 26.  He looks like he's pushing 40.  I hope those Dominican records are accurate.

The other guy I would mind getting a shot is Tim Collins. He has a 4.38 ERA at Syracuse--but like Madson, it was 2 bad outings. He has a 2.17 FIP, he's a lefty, hits mid-90s on his fastball, is K-ing almost 11/9 right now. I'd also like to see Torres sent down. He's terrible.

30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

The other guy I would mind getting a shot is Tim Collins. He has a 4.38 ERA at Syracuse--but like Madson, it was 2 bad outings. He has a 2.17 FIP, he's a lefty, hits mid-90s on his fastball, is K-ing almost 11/9 right now. I'd also like to see Torres sent down. He's terrible.

He's the real short guy, right?  We saw him pitch in West Palm this spring and thought, jeez this guy looks really good.

Pity they couldn't get the sweep but taking the series is fine, too. Phillies and Braves are hot right now, though. Atlanta's 7-3 in their last 10 and the Phillies could sweep the Giants in a four game series this afternoon (and none of those games were particularly close). 

I'm probably naive, but I'm buying into Wander Suero already. He's the bridge guy we need. Great mechanics and release. And once Joe Ross comes back in August to serve as our long reliever, we'll be sitting pretty.

Archived