Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

This is basically what I'm saying.  I'm not deifying anyone.  But if you don't think Rizzo is extremely good at his job, then I think you are pretty far out on the fringe.  

You've spent the better part of the afternoon telling me how dumb I am for not worshiping at the alter of a man (whose job it is the build a roster) who had a plan A, plan B, and plan C.  When A and B didn't want to come or signed elsewhere, C worked out with a bullet.

I said there was luck involved in that.

You say I'm stupid.

Say A worked out.  Murphy went elsewhere and we were stuck with broken Ben Zobrist. 

Is there not the LEAST bit of luck involved in that?

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I was trying to give you some benefit of the doubt but, well, this is just dumb.  The Nats could have gotten any number of other second basemen.  Two (2) guys decided they wanted to play elsewhere (FWIW, Zobrist's contract is worth roughly $20MM more than Murphy's).  As I already noted, Kendrick was the next option, and pretty clearly he was willing to come to DC since he is currently in DC.

Yes... they could've gotten any number of second basemen...

Except for their top 2 choices... who they rated higher than the third.  Hence them being the Top. Two. Choices. 

But there was no luck involved.  It was all skill and his master plan. 

Do you seriously not see how comical it is that you're calling me dumb, yet?

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I never questioned either of those, but if this thread is so insufferable, why put yourself through that? For the record--I don't think anything you posted was unfair or off base, nor was anyone's reply.

Rizzo certainly got lucky with Murphy--both in signing him and having him blow up like he has. We also got lucky in 2008 too--we lost nine of 10, including the last four games to end the season, the Mariners won the last three, and we finished with the 1st overall pick to draft Strasburg by a game and a half. It happens--but having a sound plan and the ability to walk away when a deal goes bad leads to this luck.

That's not true. Phillips was willing to come here for a ridiculous extension--to which Rizzo waked away from.

Cause I was in here earlier this year and I had no problems.

You yourself had a pretty substantial breakdown last fall and said a lot of the things that I said last summer, that I was chastised for and called dumb for, etc, eerily similar to how I'm being treated now.  So I thought I'd give it another go. 

I don't agree with many folks on the board and I actually enjoy folks who disagree with me, as I know you do, too.  It's just on another level in this thread because you guys (the usuals) seem to gang up on anyone who comes in here with a different opinion.  We usually do that in the soccer thread, but there's not a lot of venom involved it's all in fun.  Definitely in the Caps thread as well.

In here it's usually straight to how much we don't know, which is fine.  I rarely miss a game (since Stras's first start I've probably missed 40 or 50) but I fully admit compared to the other sports I don't know a ton about baseball on the personnel side.  I also only watch Nats games - cause I'm a Nats fan, not a baseball fan. 

I'm honestly past the point of caring what any of you think.  You guys are going to be who you're going to be.

I just wanted to give props to Rizzo for pulling the plug on Cole - who at this point was about a 4 or 5 year mistake by him.  I said I know it was hard and even said he went up notches in my book.  Then one line in there sparked going on the second page of a debate. 

It's impressive.

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

I don't agree with many folks on the board and I actually enjoy folks who disagree with me, as I know you do, too.  It's just on another level in this thread because you guys (the usuals) seem to gang up on anyone who comes in here with a different opinion.

I'm honestly past the point of caring what any of you think.  You guys are going to be who you're going to be.

I do disagree with a lot of people on here. I don't call anyone insufferable who I disagree with, like you just did, for a third time in less than an hour.

10 minutes ago, DC9 said:

You've spent the better part of the afternoon telling me how dumb I am for not worshiping at the alter of a man (whose job it is the build a roster) who had a plan A, plan B, and plan C.  When A and B didn't want to come or signed elsewhere, C worked out with a bullet.

No, you've constructed a straw man that everyone is telling you that.  

I said there was luck involved in that.

You say I'm stupid.

Say A worked out.  Murphy went elsewhere and we were stuck with broken Ben Zobrist. 

Is there not the LEAST bit of luck involved in that?

You said it was entirely luck.  I said that that was a easy (meaning lazy) way to discredit the work Rizzo does.  I also said that when he "gets lucky" over and over and over, then maybe it's not luck after all.  

Yes... they could've gotten any number of second basemen...

Except for their top 2 choices... who they rated higher than the third.  Hence them being the Top. Two. Choices. 

But there was no luck involved.  It was all skill and his master plan. 

Again, they could have gotten those 2 if they decided to pay for them.  Rizzo didn't want to do that, so he went to Murphy.  That isn't luck, that is skillfully assessing the market value of a player and acting according to your assessment.  That is Rizzo's entire job.  

Do you seriously not see how comical it is that you're calling me dumb, yet?

No.  Seems less and less comical as time moves forward.  

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I do disagree with a lot of people on here. I don't call anyone insufferable who I disagree with, like you just did, for a third time in less than an hour.

No, but you're manning your battle stations.  Proving everything I'm saying.  Sub-posting tweets about Rizzo making a good pick.

This is almost Penn State bad. 

If you guys can't say there was luck involved in the Murphy deal, which isn't even a bad thing... then you're delusional.

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No, you've constructed a straw man that everyone is telling you that. 

ES argument 101 - when you disagree with someone and they destroy you with logic - write straw man.

You guys are awesome.

I'll leave you to it!

Good job pulling the plug on Cole, Mike!  Respect! 

5 minutes ago, DC9 said:

ES argument 101 - when you disagree with someone and they destroy you with logic - write straw man.

You guys are awesome.

I'll leave you to it!

Good job pulling the plug on Cole, Mike!  Respect! 

I accept your surrender. :)

2 minutes ago, DC9 said:

No, but you're manning your battle stations.  Proving everything I'm saying.  Sub-posting tweets about Rizzo making a good pick.

This is almost Penn State bad. 

If you guys can't say there was luck involved in the Murphy deal, which isn't even a bad thing... then you're delusional.

You are the only person who comes in here like this. Penn State bad? I'm pretty sure no one in here is defending Rizzo for covering up the brutal rape of children.

There was luck involved with Murphy--I said that. You get so defensive anytime anyone disagrees with you. You do this every time you come in here.

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I accept your surrender. :)

You earned it!

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

You are the only person who comes in here like this. Penn State bad? I'm pretty sure no one in here is defending Rizzo for covering up the brutal rape of children.

There was luck involved with Murphy--I said that. You get so defensive anytime anyone disagrees with you. You do this every time you come in here.

No, but the deification of Rizzo is partially your fault for being the first to lead the stampede every time someone (like me) doesn't come in here and compliment him enough.  For ****ing years!

Of course no one is covering up a sex scandal, but the culture in this thread is just as bad as it was up there.  NOTHING bad can happen.

I ****ing complimented a move he made.  Four hours later I'm defending my honor against one of your monsters.

Look at PleaseBlitz... he thinks he won something, dude!  That's on you!

If that's how you want this thread and that's what you're comfortable with as the leader - have it.

I love when DC9 comes in here. It ALWAYS ends up in a complete meltdown because he is completely incapable of having a rational discussion about Rizzo. But I guess I am the big, mean, bully here.

And to the rest of the posters on here

tenor.gif?itemid=4242563

Archived