Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a 2017 Injury Update Thread? If Not, Voila! Now We Have One

kleese

If there is somewhere else this should be or if I missed the thread, please feel free to delete, merge, lock. 

I supoose the twitter thread might suffice, but I came on ES today hoping to find some specific info about Trent's MRI. 

Does it make any sense to have a thread dedicated specifically to injury updates/discussion? 

At this point, off on Monday Night, the impression I get is that only Norman is in any real danger of missing the SF game, but would like news to confirm/refute that. 

24 minutes ago, kleese said:

If there is somewhere else this should be or if I missed the thread, please feel free to delete, merge, lock. 

I supoose the twitter thread might suffice, but I came on ES today hoping to find some specific info about Trent's MRI. 

Does it make any sense to have a thread dedicated specifically to injury updates/discussion? 

At this point, off on Monday Night, the impression I get is that only Norman is in any real danger of missing the SF game, but would like news to confirm/refute that. 

I think this is a good idea.  I've been combing through Twitter for the same thing.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, kleese said:

Thanks for this.  We were dropping like flies the other night, my husband kept sayin' "You gotta be kiddin' me!..." and at the end of the game he asked, "Who made y'all this soft?"

(You've got a fan in Michigan, btw...dude I sat next to at a Falcons/Skins game a few years back was from there, follows Kirk and ES, and loves reading your POV, can't remember if I ever told ya.):cheers:

That's bad news. "Very" bad would be out for season. For me, Kirk, Trent, and Norman are the three guys who we have a very hard time just saying "next man up." Every team in the NFL has to account for a certain number of injuries-- just the way it goes. But every team also has "irreplaceable guys." I think those are our three.

This changes my outlook on the three games he is likely to miss after the BYE. Our defense looks way, way different to me minus Norman. His absence is going to hurt. Only "good" news is that we do have some extra time to get guys ready and our depth there appears to be much improved. Hopefully they can patch it together.

Giants are without pretty much their entire receiving corps after last night.

Cowboys will be without Zeke for 6 weeks (eventually.....I hope, its gotta happen at SOME point right?)

Yeah the Norman thing sucks, but definitely not a good enough excuse to blow these divisional games.  This year of all years we can't use injuries as an excuse.

10 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

Yeah the Norman thing sucks, but definitely not a good enough excuse to blow these divisional games.  This year of all years we can't use injuries as an excuse.

I think that's severely discounting his value to the defense.  I'd equate Josh's presence on defense to that of Trent on the offensive side of the ball.  It's that big of a deal.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think that's severely discounting his value to the defense.  I'd equate Josh's presence on defense to that of Trent on the offensive side of the ball.  It's that big of a deal.

I agree he's important.  But my point was were not exactly going up against our opponent's "A Squad".  If we lose to a Giants team that has literally no receivers, not having Josh Norman isn't a good enough reason to excuse that.  That would be an epic lack of focus and preparation from the other 10 guys on the field.

Archived