Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Asking the ES community to help an outstanding charity- Comfort Cases- no money, just one click

grego

Hello, everybody :). Never done this before, but I'm asking the generous Extremeskins community to take, literally, a few seconds (and I mean 'literally' literally) to help out a great charity. It's called 'Comfort Cases'. What they do is help foster children who are transitioning to a new home. They pack brand new backpacks and duffel bags with some basic essentials like pajamas, toothpaste and a toothbrush, a book, etc. It was founded by an amazing person who has become a great, inspirational friend of mine.

Rob Scheer ended up in foster care after his abusive parents died when he was 10 years old, moving from foster home to foster home with all of his belongings in a trash bag. Wanting no child to experience this indignity, Rob and his husband Reece decided to make a difference. They are incredible parents to four amazing kids that they adopted out of foster care. Please take a few minutes and watch the video below to hear all about this extraordinary family.

Then, take a minute to click the DSW Shoes link, click 'Comfort Cases', and be happy. That's it. No registering, no credit card info, nothing. You can vote once a day from any device- each device you vote from counts as a vote, so vote from your computer, cell phone, tablet, or anything you have, once a day.

Thank you all very much for your help. Your support is appreciated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU DECIDE:

WHICH NONPROFIT SHOULD GET $75,000 FROM DSW?

WE ASKED OUR ASSOCIATES TO THINK ABOUT FAMILY-SUPPORTING, NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS THAT MEAN A LOT TO THEM.

LEARN ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS AND VOTE, DAILY, ON WHICH YOU WANT TO SEE GET THE DONATION!

2017 FINALISTS

http://www.shoeloverscare.com/   -scroll down to Comfort Cases, and click 'Vote'. 

https://www.comfortcases.org/

* Almost forgot- voting ends August 15th. So click tonight, tomorrow,... everyday up to and including Tuesday!

Voted. I have some stuffed animals, was thinking about getting a backpack for each, fill with necessaries, toy, books that were Adrienne's that I found clearing out. I'm going to donate them to the domestic violence shelter. The rest of the books too. Those kids often have to leave suddenly without any possessions. 

I've seen Comfort Care before, great project, gave me my idea.

Archived