Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

59 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Correct.  Every VT fan has stories of the atrocities that happened to them at Mountaineer Field.  It's like there was an active competition to come up with the craziest story.  Key word:  story.  I'm from VA and brought numerous of my friends that went to VT to WVU.  Nothing ever happened or came close to happening.  And this was in the days of The Pit.  

This.  I had a whole contingent of Syracuse fans with me for the classic Bulger / McNabb showdown in '98.  No issues. 

On 7/24/2017 at 3:57 PM, Popeman38 said:

If you truly get it, then VT is owed nothing for walking out on the rivalry. If visiting players/fans aren't safe attending a game, the school has no business scheduling a game there anymore.

Come on man, a bag of urine hitting you in the face or a battery is hardly reason to cancel a football game...

?

Everyone know those morgantown stories true

IT's a dangerous place :kickcan:and the Irony is nothing would happen to WVU fam if they came down to Blacksburg. But oh when the VT folk head up to Morgantown it's dangerous and there are multiple confirmed incidents

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

IT's a dangerous place :kickcan:and the Irony is nothing would happen to WVU fam if they came down to Blacksburg. But oh when the VT folk head up to Morgantown it's dangerous and there are multiple confirmed incidents

With all due respect, you're full of **** and do not know what you are talking about. And to pretend that Lane Stadium (or really any other football crazed town) isn't hostile towards opponents is quite silly.

The only thing true of Morgantown was the idiots who threw coins on the field and the ones who rocked the Miami bus. But at least that one was warranted. It was the U. :)

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

How were you treated when you were there?

on a side note, I can't wait for "fam" to die out. 

Keep an eye on South Florida.

They have a Heisman candidate in Quinton Flowers, a high octane offense.  New coach Charlie Strong (although it's a shame WIllie Taggert went to Oregon.

They might run the table this year.

Coaches Poll is out:

1 Alabama
2 Ohio St
3 Florida St
4 USC
5 Clemson
6 Penn St
7 Washington
8 Oklahoma
9 Michigan
10 Wisconsin
11 Oklahoma St
12 LSU
13 Auburn
14 Stanford
15 Georgia
16 Florida
17 Louisville
18 Miami
19 Kansas St
20 West Virginia
21 USF
22 Virginia Tech
23 Texas
24 Tennessee
25 Utah

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere (some Feldman or Mandel tweet) that ACC wouldn't be the top conference anymore because most of the QB's graduated or left. ACC had some damn good QB's (Kaaya, Watson, Evans, etc) but most of them left. The only one returning IIRC is Jackson. So I don't know how the ACC could still be the best. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Just now, daveakl said:

I guess you could be right. There is a chance they make the college football playoffs but that's a huge jump from last year. I still think they lose 1 or 2 but I like your confidence!!

OK, had to make sure before I responded lol. 

Last week, I had a WVU shirt on at the gym. Some guy came up to me and started talking about them, and I had no idea why until he said, "I hope Texas crushes them this year."

Then I remembered that they are in the Big 12.

Every year, that comes as a huge shock to me. I'm going to be 70 and wondering why WVU is playing Kansas on my Corneatube.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

Correct.  Every VT fan has stories of the atrocities that happened to them at Mountaineer Field.  It's like there was an active competition to come up with the craziest story.  Key word:  story.  I'm from VA and brought numerous of my friends that went to VT to WVU.  Nothing ever happened or came close to happening.  And this was in the days of The Pit.  

A night game in Morgantown can get a little sketchy occasionally if the team is good and the hillbillies from Bluefield have sold enough shine and/or meth to pay for tickets and gas. Every questionable fan interaction in Morgantown seems to involve a drunk 50 year on disability.

Aside from that, I think it's actually one of the more mundane game day experiences I've seen. During day games, the students don't show up until the end of the first quarter. And in the old days, everyone left with 5 minutes left in the half to go drink more in the parking lot.

By the way, the most subdued stadium I've ever been in was Michigan.

100,000 people and you could hear Predicto and his accountant have a conversation three sections over.

Archived