Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your favorite film in the Dark Knight trilogy?

Ron78

What is your favorite film in the Dark Knight trilogy?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite film in the Dark Knight trilogy?

• Batman Begins
    • The Dark Knight
    • The Dark Knight Rises

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Batman Begins by far.  It's crisp and entertaining.

TDK is bloated, mean and highly overrated but it is a good movie.

TDKR is flat-out awful.  One of the most tedious theater experiences I can remember.

I don't agree with your third point.  I thought TDKR was the best of the three.  Tom Hardy's Bane was the most well-conceived villain in the saga (e.g., tying him into the League of Shadows).   

The Dark Knight was an epic masterpiece and one of my favorite films of all time. The Joker elicited real tension whenever he was on screen. His self-description to Harvey in the hospital was dead-on. Batman Begins was good, DKR was third, but altogether a fantastic trilogy.

Went Dark Knight.

From the opening bank robbery scene, you could tell that this was a different Batman movie.  Ledger's joker is one of the all time best villains.

I like TDKR second because I thought Bane's character was very well fleshed out and the scope of the movie is incredible.

Batman Begins was good but not great for me.  Scarecrow as a villain was simply meh.  The back story doesn't hold my interest very well.

There is not another superhero movie that stacks up to the second and third Nolan Batman movies though.  Easily the best superhero movies out there.  I'd go so far to not even call him superhero movies, just simply incredible epic action films.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

There is not another superhero movie that stacks up to the second and third Nolan Batman movies though.  Easily the best superhero movies out there.  I'd go so far to not even call him superhero movies, just simply incredible epic action films.

That's an opinion. To both DC and Marvel producers, Superman:The Movie is still the holy grail of super hero movies.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I had trouble getting into the whole series.  Christian Bale is no Adam West.  RIP

Loved the Batman TV series as a kid, but that is a really interesting comparison between two people who played two entirely different incarnations of Batman.

58 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

Loved the Batman TV series as a kid, but that is a really interesting comparison between two people who played two entirely different incarnations of Batman.

It was a joke.

The Dark Knight trilogy to me is okay.  All of them were worth watching but none of them would I pay to see again.  

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Meh.

The Superman movies are dated as far as I'm concerned.

Any sci-fi movie from the 70's is going to be dated. Star Wars is dated if you compare it to The Force Awakens. 

Superman:The Movie will always be the movie that started it all and like Star Wars, it was a huge deal. That's why it's revered by both DC and Marvel.

18 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

Man of Steel was superior to any of the prior Superman movies.

Man of Steel is a good sci-fi movie about an alien living among us. 

Its a terrible Superman movie though. Should have been titled The Kryptonian or The Last Son of Krypton. 

5 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Man of Steel is a good sci-fi movie about an alien living among us. 

Its a terrible Superman movie though. Should have been titled The Kryptonian or The Last Son of Krypton. 

Totally disagree.  Thought it was as good as the movies in the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I thought the first third of Man of Steel was excellent, but for me it sputtered after that.

Of the Batman trilogy, I'd vote for TDK by a healthy margin. I first saw it about 6-8 months after release, and was fully expecting to be let down given how much hype I'd heard. Blown away. I thought the third one was a hot mess.

They could have trimmed 45 minutes from each and they all would have been better.

#2 was probably the weakest except for that Heath Ledger turned in a masterpiece.

#3 could've used less Catwoman and more Alfred. Tom Hardy is the man.

Chrisitan Bale's mouthbreathing is comical.

Batman begins was really solid.  

TDK was fun but was about 40 minutes too long.

TDKR is one of the most overrated films in recent memory, in terms of my expectations.  It sucked.  Batman is about cool gadgets.  Nobody wants to see redundant hand to hand combat scenes and Cat Woman's plot line was stupid.  All it was was a bunch of dudes punching each other.  Bleh.

Man of Steel is a flaming piece of ****.  

Dark Knight Rises has a few things that really bother me.

1) When the cops and robbers are having a huge war in the street, it's ALL stand-up 1 on 1 fist fighting where nobody falls down.  It's literally like hundreds of Rocky-style fights going on.

2) I can barely understand Bane.  To this day, most of the crap he says sounds like "WershWershyWershWersh."

3) I still haven't remembered/learned how Bane is impervious to haymakers wrecking him upside his head and unprotected face.  Exposed arms and neck, but somehow he takes everything Batman can give him.  My theory is that his mask is pumping in PCP.

Otherwise I like the movie.  Lol.  It'd be my favorite, but DK edges it.  Batman Begins is mah jam too.

Hanz Zimmer's scores for the movies are my favorite aspect of them.

28 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

3) I still haven't remembered/learned how Bane is impervious to haymakers wrecking him upside his head and unprotected face.  Exposed arms and neck, but somehow he takes everything Batman can give him.  My theory is that his mask is pumping in PCP.

He faced a Batman who had been out of the game for 10 years.  That made it believable.

The Dark Knight, easily

The Dark Knight Rises was a film with enormous plot holes like getting a knee brace that heals head injuries, breaking your back and healing in a gulog, and then entering back into Gotham City in 24 hours after being in said gulog. Bane being a great villain was destroyed by him bring killed by Cat Woman and not being the strongest villain in the film.

IT was not a good film in hindsight. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are clearly top 2.

Archived