Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

oh man. wish I coulda been at the parade today, but I saw plenty of pictures and videos from FB friends and from all of you on here today, it almost feels like I was there myself!! also, watching the round 4 recap that @Zazzaro703 posted/shared...brings all the feelings back again. the fact that I was out of the country for Games 1, 2 and 3 and the Caps won 2 of those games. I checked the score the morning after the games and it got me so excited each time I found out we won. then watching that 6-2 win in game 4 the day I got back home. just amazing. so happy for all of us and this town :D 

39 minutes ago, dyst said:

Wow no mention or congratulatory medsage at all? If true that pretty pathetic.

I don’t know if the Redskins org did anything to congratulate the Caps, but I did hear about the rings for the scabs today on the news.  Like they couldn’t have waited a week to announce it.

Jesus how ridiculously awesome would it be to have Ted Leonsis as the owner of the Washington Redskins.

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t know if the Redskins org did anything to congratulate the Caps, but I did hear about the rings for the scabs today on the news.  Like they couldn’t have waited a week to announce it.

Jesus how ridiculously awesome would it be to have Ted Leonsis as the owner of the Washington Redskins.

Seriously, thats just very dense if true. We so badly need a new owner/management group that has some sense. Not just because of this, but for many other reasons.

How do you not support a fellow team from your city, take the championship in such as magical way like they did. Very disappointed.

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

Seriously, thats just very dense if true. We so badly need a new owner/management group that has some sense. Not just because of this, but for many other reasons.

How do you not support a fellow team from your city, take the championship in such as magical way like they did. Very disappointed.

I don’t quite expect anything impressive out of the Redskins organization with an owner like Snyder and a VP like Allen, you kinda get the douche both coming and going.

Quick check of Redskins twitter and nothing for today, but plenty the night that they won the Cup.  So there’s that at least.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t quite expect anything impressive out of the Redskins organization with an owner like Snyder and a VP like Allen, you kinda get the douche both coming and going.

True. Would have been really cool for the fans and the Skins players if Ovi and the gang showed up at Redskins Park with the cup. 

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

True. Would have been really cool for the fans and the Skins players if Ovi and the gang showed up at Redskins Park with the cup. 

Who knows, maybe they will at some point.  Cup has to go somewhere during training camp time.

The rings for the scabs were announced several months ago, after that ESPN documentary? That's what I thought. Not new news. 

Just now, just654 said:

So the redskins did something on Twitter. The rings ceremony has been set for months, it just happened to fall on the same day as the parade

exactly

1 hour ago, just654 said:

So the redskins did something on Twitter. The rings ceremony has been set for months, it just happened to fall on the same day as the parade

exactly, not their fault at all. and they posted a couple congratulatory things on Instagram as well on Thursday night. not sure what people are complaining about. 

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

The Nats and Caps each embrace each other.  The Redskins do jack squat for the other franchise despite being the most "popular"

Wasn't the Nats mascot revealed at a Caps game by having him emerge from an egg that Slapshot was incubating?

48 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

exactly, not their fault at all. and they posted a couple congratulatory things on Instagram as well on Thursday night. not sure what people are complaining about. 

Ok that’s pretty cool. I guess I didn’t follow it enough. The teams should stick together for sure.

What today proves, more than anything else, is that D.C. is a BADASS sports town. Our fans are as passionate as ANYONE and I'll take that to the grave. F Michael Wilbon and his minor league sports town garbage.

DC sports fans came out today. I am so proud to be a DC citizen today.

We're not going to be suck!

Archived