Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Passenger Dragged off of Overbooked United Airlines Plane

RonArtest15

Wow...talk about a horrible two weeks for United.  This is terrible.  The team looked for "volunteers," and no one obliged (no reason to do so.)  If the story adds up and the video backs up what everyone is saying, I hope this guy sues the living daylights out of United for how he was treated.  I'm really shocked and what transpired....

United Airlines is experiencing major PR turbulence following videos posted online of a passenger apparently getting his face smashed on an armrest before being dragged off a flight.

The ugly incident, which occurred Sunday evening, was a result of the man unwilling to give up his seat on the overbooked plane.

"After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate," a spokesperson for United said in a statement.

Man claiming to be doctor bloodied, dragged off overbooked United Airlines flight

It would have been a better idea to figure all the **** out before you boarded people United.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Why does a passenger in the gate area get priority over one already in his seat?

It was United employees who needed seats, probably flight crew for another flight.

1 minute ago, SkinInsite said:

It would have been a better idea to figure all the **** out before you boarded people United.

It was United employees who needed seats, probably flight crew for another flight.

Yeah, that sucks, but makes sense.  If those folks didnt get on, then whatever flight they were going to would have been grounded.

But FFS, keep upping the offer until someone agrees.

100 isnt enough to wait a few hours?  How about 2?  4?  6?  Eventually someone will give up their seat.

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

Yeah, that sucks, but makes sense.  If those folks didnt get on, then whatever flight they were going to would have been grounded.

But FFS, keep upping the offer until someone agrees.

100 isnt enough to wait a few hours?  How about 2?  4?  6?  Eventually someone will give up their seat.

Exactly the point I made elsewhere. You could have found a willing volunteer at a certain price point. Find that price. Solve the problem.

BTW it's a great scam that airlines can just overbook flights and kick paying customers off. 

I wonder what other industry can learn from this. Sorry sir you must leave this showing of Infinity Wars because we are over sold, here have some free pop corn while you wait 3 hours for the next showing.

32 minutes ago, Destino said:

No one took a free 800 bucks?  World has gone crazy.  

But it's not straight cash. It's vouchers for future travels.

Thats a slightly less appealing offer. 

Good call by the passenger. He's going to be awarded millions in settlement. 

Just now, Rocky21 said:

Help me folks.  I don't have an MBA.  Is it a good idea to beat your customer unconscious? 

Works for me,but I skipped college. :chair:

Handled incredibly poorly, though I do think when security told him to get off he should have.

17 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Almost certainly a voucher.  I've never  heard of a cash offer. Highest voucher I ever got was for 1000.

Last time I took up an airline's offer to give up my seat, I got a $300 American Express gift card and a food voucher (I only had to wait 2 hours for the next flight). Just about as good as cash.

7 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Help me folks.  I don't have an MBA.  Is it a good idea to beat your customer unconscious? 

That largely depends on the customer, but in this case they would have been better off hiring a car for their employees and driving them to Louisville .

Archived