Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Hitler Conquered Germany

LadySkinsFan

I have studied Nazi propaganda for years, and see a lot of parallels between that system and what Trump did during the election season. Remember, Trump comes from German stock, his grandfather was thrown out of Germany because he wouldn't serve in their military. So that's the genesis of Trumps in the US. 

Remember, Trump kept a copy of Mein Kampf on his bedside table and I am guessing that's about the only book he's read in depth.

This article explains how Goebbles used propaganda throughout the Third Reich. There are many parallels explains in the article and if you think about what Trump was saying during the campaign and even in the present, it's pretty obvious that they are using the same tactics on U.S. citizens to control their message.

Forewarned is forearmed. We need to figure out how to counteract this propaganda campaign for the masses. Sociologically, mass behavior is a real phenomenon, and propaganda has been used effectively.

I think that this is a topic worthy of discussion, that once the article is read and we understand what is being done, how do we counteract it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fascism/2017/03/how_nazi_propaganda_encouraged_the_masses_to_co_produce_a_false_reality.html

It's ear as day that Trump is using the Nazi method to get ahead and it scares me to death. 

What's even more disturbing is seeing representatives like King being comfortable enough to talk white nationalist nonsense freely and get away with it.

We are in for some very dark days.

In reading the article, the Nazis used these three things to affect mass thinking.

1. 1. Repetition of simplistic messages that appealed to the working class.

2. Immediate and frequent victories.

3. The serial creation of enemies.

Trump used and uses all of these. However, his days of victories are being stymied. He must be totally beside himself. And because he has so much going on as president as contrasted with being a candidate on the stump, the repetition is not as frequent or pervasive as before. He's still busy creating enemies though.

I believe so, plus he gets a charge out of the feedback from people. If he could hold a rally once a month, he would love that.

He's not as successful now. The Women's March drew more people than his inauguration, his Muslim ban has been shot down not just once but twice by the federal courts, the ACA repeal/replacement isn't going well, people are protesting all the time against his appointments, and so on. 

I think we need to cut into the repetition, don't give him any victories, and refuse to support his demonization of people into enemies.  I think this is how we stymie his agenda. 

I don't really feel that folks are applauding any wins thus far. Nor would I have EVER voted for him.

However, as I read more and more into the American psyche,  it almost makes sense. Good or bad. 

His moment there...watched it on TV...it was not the best of situations. Probably did have a lot of folks planned from the womens march there to protest...so they boycotted. 

I don't know. I was pretty embarrassed that we elected this guy...yet, I can not and will not speak for everyone...so I accept it and hope for the best outcome. 

At the same time... I don't think Clinton would have done any better thus far. Give it some time. 

6 hours ago, nonniey said:

I've pointed out many on the left have lost their damn minds over Trumps election some more that others it seems.

Most of the right as well. Thinking "Hey, this is great" or even "Yeah, this is ok." Is just as far away from reality as what we're seeing from some on the left.

I've inoculated myself... I don't believe a word he says or writes.  Looking at it dispassionately, it's the prudent thing to do.  The man has had a tenuous relationship with the truth his whole public life, and he's become outright divorced from the truth during this presidential folly.

For a while I said "Don't trust, verify."  But verification comes so rarely it's a waste of time.  So I've shortened it to "Don't trust."

So Trump and his supporters are gonna start killing a bunch of innocent Jews? Yea don't think so. The ridiculousness some of you have towards this man is still growing.

Trump didn't use Nazi propaganda to get elected. What is Nazi like is how our media refused to investigate how the entire electoral process was rigged for Hilary to win behind the scenes and how Bernie got screwed over in our free governing process yet the beat goes on for the left as if there is nothing to see here.

What's Nazi like to me is how the DNC is pushing it's agenda to shut up white voters and how racist that point of view actually is, yet so many of you on that side are perfectly fine with racism as long as it is against White people only. To many of you you actually believe  its okay to be racist against White America but not cool to be racist against any one else.

What's Nazi like is how Nancy Pelosi still thinks that George Bush is still our President yet no one seems to talk about her sanity the way you guys talk about doubting Trumps.

What's Nazi like is how after Trump thanked a woman for her husbands sacrifice in a speech that politicians in attendance couldn't be bothered to even clap for this fallen soldier. Those leftist politicians didn't care one bit that a hero was lost. Freedom isn't free. It has losses and casualties and that should be recognized by everyone yet these politicians only care about doing that when they are in charge

What's Nazi like is how there is a huge movement ongoing by Facebook and Twitter and other online giants who are going to strip away people's rights to speak freely and post opinions online because these corporations demand everyone in the world think like they do. Free speech is evaporating yet no coverage is given to this

What's Nazi like is ah **** it I could go on and on. Won't matter, the truth never does

8 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I don't really feel that folks are applauding any wins thus far. Nor would I have EVER voted for him.

However, as I read more and more into the American psyche,  it almost makes sense. Good or bad. 

His moment there...watched it on TV...it was not the best of situations. Probably did have a lot of folks planned from the womens march there to protest...so they boycotted. 

I don't know. I was pretty embarrassed that we elected this guy...yet, I can not and will not speak for everyone...so I accept it and hope for the best outcome. 

At the same time... I don't think Clinton would have done any better thus far. Give it some time. 

Personally, I think the left is not helping by continuously bringing up Hillary and/or Obama.  I agree with you in that I don't think Hillary would have been much better, thus the reason why this was the first time I did not vote.

My best friend is much more conservative than I am but we have a lot of common ground. We both agree that the main issue that the divide between people is too great.  There are so many that value party over anything else.  I can't imagine calling myself a democrat or republican.  Neither represents all or even most of my views.  

I think what bothers me more than anything about our current state is that we are supposed to be represented by the politicians we vote for but clearly this is not happening.  I don't think our founding fathers ever intended for politicians to all be rich.  That's what we currently have. In Athens, they paid politicians to insure that even poor people could participate in government.  We have gone overboard. People become politicians, not to make a difference, but to become rich.  Clearly, the policies that are in place help the rich get richer. It takes money to make money.  It's pretty sad. Then, politicians make even more money because big businesses pay them for their votes.  All these "town hall meeting" results show you that the politicians are not representing their constituents.  Our democracy is failing if it hasn't already failed.

21 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

So Trump and his supporters are gonna start killing a bunch of innocent Jews? Yea don't think so. The ridiculousness some of you have towards this man is still growing.

Trump didn't use Nazi propaganda to get elected. What is Nazi like is how our media refused to investigate how the entire electoral process was rigged for Hilary to win behind the scenes and how Bernie got screwed over in our free governing process yet the beat goes on for the left as if there is nothing to see here.

Dude you trollin? You need to learn some critical thinking skills. The article is about using nazi propaganda techniques to create a false reality, which is what is happening and if you can't see that this is happening good luck with that, and nowhere was there a juxtaposition to killing jews. 

Obviously you are ok with discrediting the media in favor of Trump's false media by quoting "how the entire electoral process was RIGGED for Hillary" if you read the leaked DNC emails in the proper context and understood how the DNC primary works you would realize he didn't get screwed, personally I don't like how the DNC primary system is set up what with all of the superdelegates and what not but those are rules and Hilary played with in them.

As for Nazi propaganda techniques I mean probably most politicians use some form of those methods b/c they're effective so I'm not going to fault DT for using them, but actions have consequences and using these type of propaganda techniques can backfire.

Lasly bless your heart. 

2 minutes ago, codeorama said:

There are so many that value party over anything else.

Politics is the new opium of the masses

20 minutes ago, mrcunning15 said:

Dude you trollin? You need to learn some critical thinking skills. - Excuse me? Are you trolling? I have plenty of critical thinking skills. I am pointing out that the whole premise of this is bull**** and that there are many people that look at what's going on now and think it's over the top, one sided and of course it is. FIVE people own our entire media. I pointed out just a few, just a few of the topics that are not getting any attention by the Left controlled media that should scare the hell out of all of us, except of course the truth does not matter to some of you does it? Look past your party sins all you want, it will only come back and hurt you later

The article is about using nazi propaganda techniques to create a false reality, which is what is happening  - Oh your damn right it's happening, and I can see it, what you can't see is that your side is behind MUCH of this and you don't care do you? Its all party lines with you. Just like when Bush ****ed up the country with his Patriot acts the things that you look past today will haunt us all tomorrow. Keep your dream alive that Trump is the only bad apple in this bunch and lose all your rights. I call a spade a spade.

Obviously you are ok with discrediting the media in favor of Trump's false media by quoting "how the entire electoral process was RIGGED for Hillary" if you read the leaked DNC emails in the proper context and understood how the DNC primary works you would realize he didn't get screwed - No it's totally cool that one candidate in your party is given questions before a debate while the others aren't? Its cool that your party gives away 400 of it's super delegates before any one enters the race right? That's fair to you right? That's a free press, and free election to you? Nonsense that's rigged

My purpose in posting the article is to discuss ways to counteract the lies and false reality of Trump and the Republicans.

Not to rehash the election. 

I'm tired of the lying and all the Trump and Republicans are doing against human beings and in support of corporations and the 1%ers. That's most of us, and particularly the poor and elderly, of which I am one now. It's disgusting frankly.

So let's get back to discussing how we can counteract this propaganda approach. 

And to impute that I think that they are going to kill Jews is specious thinking.  I do think that they are putting in place policies and trying to pass legislation that will literally affect human lives, and not for the better.

You can't truly believe that even the most stringent Republican would be so stupid, to simply stand on the sidelines and ignore potential harm to the populous. 

That's taking it a little far. 

All of their jobs is to take care of the Country and the people. Even more than leo's or ems. 

22 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Dude you trollin? You need to learn some critical thinking skills. - Excuse me? Are you trolling? I have plenty of critical thinking skills. I am pointing out that the whole premise of this is bull**** and that there are many people that look at what's going on now and think it's over the top, one sided and of course it is. FIVE people own our entire media. I pointed out just a few, just a few of the topics that are not getting any attention by the Left controlled media that should scare the hell out of all of us, except of course the truth does not matter to some of you does it? Look past your party sins all you want, it will only come back and hurt you later

The article is about using nazi propaganda techniques to create a false reality, which is what is happening  - Oh your damn right it's happening, and I can see it, what you can't see is that your side is behind MUCH of this and you don't care do you? Its all party lines with you. Just like when Bush ****ed up the country with his Patriot acts the things that you look past today will haunt us all tomorrow. Keep your dream alive that Trump is the only bad apple in this bunch and lose all your rights. I call a spade a spade.

Obviously you are ok with discrediting the media in favor of Trump's false media by quoting "how the entire electoral process was RIGGED for Hillary" if you read the leaked DNC emails in the proper context and understood how the DNC primary works you would realize he didn't get screwed - No it's totally cool that one candidate in your party is given questions before a debate while the others aren't? Its cool that your party gives away 400 of it's super delegates before any one enters the race right? That's fair to you right? That's a free press, and free election to you? Nonsense that's rigged

The greatest lie the right ever purported was the whole liberal media basis. All of the stories you are talking about were covered in the MSM and objectively as well might i add.

Another thing, you took what I said way out of context to fit your narrative and agenda, Bernie got screwed in the way that "Duke basketball always gets the calls" way and I made the point that I don't really care for how the DNC primary works but for some reason you decided to gloss over that point, yet again to fit your narrative and make your bad argument which to me shows lack of critical thinking or just command of the english language. So thanks for proving my point.

You can heem and haw about the media creating a false narrative and using nazi propaganda but by any objective measure they are not doing it at the level and fierceness in which the president is doing. I mean just because you have a point doesn't mean it's a good point or really even one that should merit any type of discussion. 

24 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

You can't truly believe that even the most stringent Republican would be so stupid, to simply stand on the sidelines and ignore potential harm to the populous. 

That's taking it a little far. 

All of their jobs is to take care of the Country and the people. Even more than leo's or ems. 

Republicans have been trained to view Americans as the enemy.  The entire far-right, 2nd Amendment worship movement is completely based upon having enough firepower to slaughter Americans you disagree with politically.  After all, the South will rise again...

As we see clearly on display here, one of the first tenets of major propaganda, and right down the Goebblel's playbook, is to convince your target that the ONLY source of information that can be trusted is  from them, and all others have an agenda... (which is to destroy the country, subvert the president. etc .etc.)

And this entire "MSM" thing is this in bright living color. Your typical victim of propaganda will shove it out front nearly immediately because they can only trust the source that has convinced them the others lie. (MSM somehow ignores the fact that their chosen sources are highly rated, and as such "mainstream".)

In this propaganda, the side that employs it is 100% correct ALL of the time, and this is what the right wing media has done.

The fault of EVERYTHING is the single group enemy that has a big umbrella target..  and if you actually paid attention to history, and substitute the word "jew" with the word "liberal", you'd find out exactly HOW close it is to the old playbook.

The fault of everything is the liberal. Everything. Including, and especially things that the regime or previous holders of the desired past have done themselves.

Jews were at fault for Germany's problems. Not the war they started that ended up in such destruction.

The Allies put the squeeze on them, and folks can argue if they want that post WW1 punishments were too harsh.. but the fact is they brought them on themselves not only through WW1, but countless little wars for decades and decades. (Granted, the old Prussian wars and Napoleonic wars were a bit different in their scale and effect, simply because the nature of warfare changed SO much with World War 1.)

But the fact is, the Nazis managed to erase any feelings of any responsibility for their own actions by the German people, and convinced them that all of their problems were by and large the fault of one group. (A Mexican stole your job! No, he didn't. Your boss ****ed you over and gave it to him, but hey, Pablo, it's your fault!)

In modern right wing thinking, ALL of the problems in this country stem from liberals and their policies. ALL of them. 

You aren't out of work because you have no skills and work in a dying industry ..   you're out of work because of liberal policies. You're poor because of them. 

Your kids aren't educated, not because you've politicized education, but because liberals aren't teaching anything right.

Fear is easy to instill in people so willing to not accept any responsibility or truth. And because they so desperately want to believe that their problems are not their fault, hate can also be easily instilled.

Inist you have a mandate when they truth is entirely different. deflect every criticism towards your enemy, and the indoctrinated will back it up.

People always wonder how an entire nation could be convinced to do the despicable things they did.. and they also like to comfort themselves that it couldn't happen again, and in fact we are too smart for that.

Especially if we keep the liberals from getting any control over anything, because every problem is their fault, right?

That's how it happens.

Shut down all other dissension, clear the media. In Germany, it used an anti-semitic rag called "Dur Sturmer" to whip up their message before they managed to gain enough power to establish media from their state source only, and all other was banned and dismantled. Foreign journalists stayed, but they attempted to control the message.

Now we have Breitbart, who's reputation should be known to all by now, and yet here they are, right hand of the President, and he is repeating their lies to the point that it wraps up congress and law enforcement trying to prove fallacies (wiretaps!)..  distracting them time and again, all that is needed to run them around is another tweet.  Media who refuse to cow down and just go along with the administration are attacked. Judges who refuse to allow illegal activity are attacked. 

If one can't see the correlations, it means  either they are propagandized to the point where they believe it, or they don't know history.

~Bang

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

What's Nazi like to me is how the DNC is pushing it's agenda to shut up white voters and how racist that point of view actually is, yet so many of you on that side are perfectly fine with racism as long as it is against White people only. To many of you you actually believe  its okay to be racist against White America but not cool to be racist against any one else.

What's Nazi like is how Nancy Pelosi still thinks that George Bush is still our President yet no one seems to talk about her sanity the way you guys talk about doubting Trumps.

What's Nazi like is how after Trump thanked a woman for her husbands sacrifice in a speech that politicians in attendance couldn't be bothered to even clap for this fallen soldier. Those leftist politicians didn't care one bit that a hero was lost. Freedom isn't free. It has losses and casualties and that should be recognized by everyone yet these politicians only care about doing that when they are in charge

What's Nazi like is how there is a huge movement ongoing by Facebook and Twitter and other online giants who are going to strip away people's rights to speak freely and post opinions online because these corporations demand everyone in the world think like they do. Free speech is evaporating yet no coverage is given to this

What's Nazi like is ah **** it I could go on and on. Won't matter, the truth never does

Stupidity and willful ignorance in the guise of "free speech".

We encourage people to say blatantly inaccurate things because if we don't allow people to say stupid things then we are "against free speech".

:rofl89:

the Nazis only started killing Jews in their final days. They had power for nearly 2 full decades before coming up with their final solution.

Their movement started in the early 20s.. they din't start the war until 39.

Whenever the correlations are discussed, folks immediately jump to the end game as the current progression.

they may never do anything like that..   but, if one pays enough attention to history, it is pretty clear which way the tactics currently being employed progress.

Eventually, those in power through such methods need to keep power, and it start to unravel unless you push it further. 

And what will people do for power?

Pretty much anything. And this is why early signs of totalitarianism need to be treated seriously.

~Bang

Archived