Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Hitler Conquered Germany

LadySkinsFan

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

What is undeniable today is that the people that mean to do the JEWS harm are AGAINST Trump they aren't for the man. They aren't supporters. Trying to spin some false narrative that people who hate Jews support Trump is totally wrong. It's why you see and hear anti Jewish protests at these anti-Trump rallies over and over again. The Nazi's killed 6 million Jews, Trump does not equal that even a little.

I am not saying that all Anti Trump people are Anti Jews, but many of them are. If you don't believe then then I will show and demonstrate this to be fact, not some Right wing propaganda story, but FACT

What is also undeniable is that this thread had nothing to do with Nazi treatment of Jews until you brought it up.  It was started as a discussion of Nazi propaganda techniques. 

What is idiotic is your contention that anti-Trump people "mean to do the JEWS harm."  [Emphasis yours, for some reason.]

3 minutes ago, twa said:

Ya go with what works to reach your audience.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/most-people-now-think-pictures

a couple of interesting points from that article-

"Numerous examples could be cited to show that we now live in an image-based society rather than a word- or reason-based society:  

• -A growing number of people do not bother to provide a rational defense of their position on controversial issues; instead, they simply change their Facebook profile picture.

• -The rise of protesting also coincides with the rise in image-based thinking. Almost everyone knows that protests are not an effective medium for a rational presentation of arguments. Rather, the goal of the protesters is to get media coverage so that they can convey an emotionally-charged image of their position to the public."

The media, with the exception of the usual suspects, do seem united, and definitely put out the dark narrative, because as is in any case, their job is to sell papers too. (Notice, the president will only talk to those authorized outlets. Steve friggin' Doocey gets more face time with the President of the US than almost any other journalist.

Since the election we've seen the rise of hate groups, people have to keep stating publicly that they want to distance themselves from people like David Duke, unrest is in the street be it "paid protesters" or be it actual citizens who are being told to shut up by their representatives who are on board. There is a really stinky notion of foreign involvement tipping our democracy, manipulating the presidency. we have a living breathing white nationalist who wants to destroy the establishment as chief of staff... with no prior experience. we have large swaths of our intelligence community who are being ignored, insulted, and are rebelling against the president. We have stonewalls when answers are demanded for outrageous accusations by even senior senators that up until a few months ago were firebrand Tea Party republicans like Lindsey Graham.. i really don't see how he sees it as politically advantageous to be so dogged on the president, given his usual stance and his state's record.

Seems pretty dark, but i guess it just depends on perspective.

the Russians and the wiki folks probably do have our best interests at heart, and none of the billowing plumes of smoke should be investigated. It's another MSM conspiracy.

To say the President has a loose association with the truth would be a laughable insult to truth everywhere. To wonder if he's actually unstable is not out of the question.

Darkness indeed. what a dumb idea those papers cooked up. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

~Bang

51 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Your comment is a short bus riders comment

You're such a big guy you have put down people with disabilities to make fun of me. I wonder who taught how to do that?

disabled.jpg

At least they have a reason for their stupidity, what's your excuse? 

Do you think that Hilary is the entire Left party or something?

No i don't think that. Hell I didn't vote for her in primary and really didn't want to in the election

What is undeniable today is that the people that mean to do the JEWS harm are AGAINST Trump they aren't for the man. They aren't supporters. Trying to spin some false narrative that people who hate Jews support Trump is totally wrong.

Yeah ok, the last time i checked Bernie Sanders is Jewish. The only Dem that I can think of that might have a problem with Jews is Keith Ellison with his ties to the Nation of Islam but that was like 20 years ago so yeah i'm not really sure what you're talking about. I don't care about your credible sources all you have proven to me is that you would rather defend your poor choice in Trump and hope that what the media is reporting about him is not credible so that you can look good.

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Stop with the conspiracies.  Or at least the belief in them.

OBL and AQ took down the towers.

There are no chem trails.

Global warming does exist.

Adam Lanza murdered children at Sandy Hook.

We did land on the moon.

You forgot one. Ted Cruzs father did in fact kill JFK. :silly:

40 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

The Left is just better at concealing it and that's the real danger here because when you become a puppet and can't feel the puppeteers on your backside your ****ed lol

I don't really recall Obama attacking Fox News to the degree and level that Trump is attacking MSM. So is that how the left is concealing it? We're all becoming puppets. Or is it sheep. I prefer reality you should give it a try.

38 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Your comment is a short bus riders comment. 

The word you're looking for is stupid.  As in "your comment using short bus riders as short hand for inferior intellect is stupid".  You can also use dumb, moronic, half-witted, imbecilic, brainless, unintelligent, dense, dim, out to lunch, or puerile.  If you think disability has any correlation to intelligence, go read something by Stephen Hawking. 

I think one thing that rankles everyone is that the Nazis are always used as comparison, and no one likes to go down that road reasonably.

Well, they are a pretty good one to look at and try to measure against, because, unlike any other brutal totalitarian regme in modern times, they did not take power by overt force.. they did not commit a military coup and install a strongman, they did not ride to power at the vanguard of a violent revolt.. they manipulated and used the system and used mass media to effectively brainwash a population into giving it all to them, and join in during the process.

They then used this power to cause the single greatest catastrophe in the whole of human history (world war II), and did in fact, set out to conquer the world by force, and came somewhat close.

This is why it's brought up, the fear/fascination with them as opposed to Stalin, or Pol Pot or other brutal dictators is how they did it, and how that can be used in other places. 
we won't fall to a military coup and strongman dictatorship in the USA like a Pol Pot, a Mao, or a Kim Song Il.   but we can fall to the tactics shown to be so successful in Germany... AND, i might add, we have extensive records of alllll of it with which to examine.

So when it comes up, rather than immediately dismiss people as panicky for always being afraid of that particular boogeyman, realize that what makes that particular boogeyman so frightening to everyone is that it's the easiest to accomplish if you have the means.

~Bang

Newspapers should not be obligated to present bull**** as truth in the name of "balance." Global warming is not a Chinese hoax and I don't want the Washington Post to pretend that it is because the Liar-in-Chief said so. Same with vaccines and autism, and the list goes on and on. 

Some of you have the world's biggest axe to grind with the "MSM" to the point that you trust Dan ****ing Snyder more than the Washington Post or other journalists. 

Maybe it would be best to couch Trump's propaganda not as "Nazi Propaganda" but rather "Facist Propaganda" or "Totalitarian Propaganda."

Nazis certainly refined or arguably perfected such propaganda but the tactics pre-date them.

And Trump is certainly using the standard facist/totalitarian handbook.

But to then use "Nazi Propaganda" carries, unfortunately, certain connotations that make people emotionally unstable.

This isn't to say parallels can't be drawn or are inappropriate to the rise of the Nazi party but there is a balance to be struck so as to ensure that the half-hearted observer doesn't lose interest halfway through the explanation of WHY their tactics are substantially similar to those employed by Nazi Germany, among other fascist regimes.

Half-hearted observers are as much the problem as the right wing radicals who push it.  They buy the "nobody's killed Jews yet, so you're being ridiculous" line and get busy on their phones 30 seconds into the long explanation of why it still closely parallels the Nazis even though no genocide has happened (yet).

We have to couch the point/argument/explanation in terms that won't make people tune out.  Got to ease the masses into this stuff, their attention spans aren't long enough to absorb the whole thing at once, especially when we have emotionally charged terms like "Nazi" in there, regardless of how apt.

The hard part is finding the balance, to convince people of the facist threat fast enough that we can prevent normalization, but slow enough that people don't have their eyes blur.

Tough balance to reach, for certain.

32 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

We have to couch the point/argument/explanation in terms that won't make people tune out.  Got to ease the masses into this stuff, their attention spans aren't long enough to absorb the whole thing at once, especially when we have emotionally charged terms like "Nazi" in there, regardless of how apt.

The hard part is finding the balance, to convince people of the facist threat fast enough that we can prevent normalization, but slow enough that people don't have their eyes blur.

Mao is that you?

They probably shoulda went with Stalin :)

LSF,

Increase literacy, critical thinking, and acceptance. The reason things like this work is because of a lack of education and people not realizing how decisions made by others affect them. Yet, the new budget proposal includes less funding for education. 

3 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Agree that the term nazi shouldn't be used as a descriptor unless the accused is literally a nazi. I think it's ultimately harmful to the cause and causes moderate sympathizers to tune out. 

Do you see the threat of fascism as a right wing phenomenon, or do you see authoritarian elements of fascism in the left as well? 

Archived