Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen, Scot McCloughlan, Jay Gruden, and all that stuff like that there

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

He drafted 2 players that were starters out of 22 in two years..complete garbage considering the defense that was put on the field every sunday

So the 2014 draft was garbage? After all, at the end of that year that draft had only gotten one starter, and he was only a starter because two of our CB's had gone onto IR. 

Morgan Moses was on IR, Trent Murphy was on IR, Spencer long was buried on the bench, Ryan Grant was buried on the bench, and Lache Seastrunk, Ted Bolser, and Zach Hocker were no where to be found.

This is why comments like this is idiotic...because 3 years later, people are trumpetting the 2014 draft as an excellent one and the reason we should be clapping for Bruce Allen being in control. Because judging a draft after one year is idiotic.

7 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

Am I the only one who's a little pissed that Allen tried to blame this on Scot's grandmother passing?

Scot was the first one to use his grandmother's passing as an excuse. Allen at first said he had "family issues", them in a later interview clumsily said something like "his grandmother passed away a week or so ago". It always came across as if Allen was trying to incorporate Scot's excuse into the team's excuse.

Just now, fordranger76 said:

So since we are going nuts I am going to run with this one now. Scotty did not want Cousins. Cousins now wants to sign tag now that he is gone. Did I do this right?

Was getting ready to ask this.

In general what were Scotts thoughts on Cousins as the long term solution ? ( Remembering Cousins " how do you like me now? head rubbing of McCloughan ). Allen has repeatedly praised and insisted the team wanted Cousins as their QB and wanted to work a long term deal.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Is that second pic just a bad angle?...Or did he look like that all the time? Because that's one helluva transformation.

Seriously...if there's any truth to the drinking article I hope he truly gets all the help he needs. He always came across as a good guy and obviously is obsessed with football.

Angles can be a hell of a drug...

3 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

Am I the only one who's a little pissed that Allen tried to blame this on Scot's grandmother passing?  He has so little respect for the fans that he's just going to not even acknowledge that he completely misled everybody.  What changed over the past few weeks that enabled the Redskins to blame it on alcohol, when they could not do so before?

There were fans out there - God bless them - that actually believed the grandmother story.  Those guys are die-hards.  And Allen doesn't give a **** that he just used up some of their loyalty for nothing.

Scot's agent said the death in the family was why Scot was off (and that's even coming from Mike Jones who is of the firm belief this was a power struggle)

Scot McCloughan's agent Peter Schaffer said not true his client was sent home from work Feb 20. Said death in family is reason Scot's off.

Just now, Catatonic said:

In twenty or so years, after Snyder is long gone, the books written about this franchise will be epic. 

If I we only had to deal with another 10-15 years of Snyder I could cope with this nonsense

I could see him going another 20 easy

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Read the post above yours. 

I see it.  You're buying that? Lol.  I mean that choice of words.  "Jealousy" oooooooooo, it's like a soap opera!

If there were disagreements, then obviously Scot didn't handle them very well.  

But many of you actually think that Dan and Bruce were jealous like high school girls because people are making Scot their profile picture and giving him nicknames like GMSM and ****?  Really?

The man just lost his 3rd job doing this.  Perhaps we put too much stock in him...I mean emotional stock.

But really...."Bruce and Danny are jealous evil villain type idiots who are destroying the team"......."Scot McCloughan just lost his 3rd job in a row for what sounds like similar reasons as the first two whether it's drinking or attitude".  Makes more sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, ncr2h said:

Am I the only one who's a little pissed that Allen tried to blame this on Scot's grandmother passing?  He has so little respect for the fans that he's just going to not even acknowledge that he completely misled everybody.  What changed over the past few weeks that enabled the Redskins to blame it on alcohol, when they could not do so before?

There were fans out there - God bless them - that actually believed the grandmother story.  Those guys are die-hards.  And Allen doesn't give a **** that he just used up some of their loyalty for nothing.

NO...Scot said it was his grandmother.

2 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

In twenty or so years, after Snyder is long gone, the books written about this franchise will be epic. 

I find your optimism that Snyder will have been long gone in twenty or so years inspiring.

2 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

Was getting ready to ask this.

In general what were Scotts thoughts on Cousins as the long term solution ? Allen has repeatedly praised and insisted the team wanted Cousins as their QB and wanted to work a long term deal.

True, but Scot also said he was the one who did the tag on Kirk.

5 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Legally, can the Redskins say he was fired for alcoholism since it's protected under the ADA?

Here's the gameplan:

Tell the media that he was fired "for cause".

Leak anonymous stories that the cause was alcohol.

In reality, the cause could be that he missed critical team functions (didn't attend combine).

...it's genius, really.

5 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Yeah, I don't think the franchise can.

It just seems like no one has a bad word to say about the guy, players or otherwise.

I genuinely have no idea of the situation, much like everyone else here. Basically at this point it's just everyone picking which story suits what they want to believe and pretending it makes the most sense.

I'd like to think the guys still here are in the right, but history causes skepticism on these matters.

Nothing bad.....BUT, he lost 2 other jobs due to drinking. HMMM 

1 minute ago, Dirt said:

I see it.  You're buying that? Lol.  I mean that choice of words.  "Jealousy" oooooooooo, it's like a soap opera!

If there were disagreements, then obviously Scot didn't handle them very well.  

But many of you actually think that Dan and Bruce were jealous like high school girls because people are making Scot their profile picture and giving him nicknames like GMSM and ****?  Really?

The man just lost his 3rd job doing this.  Perhaps we put too much stock in him...I mean emotional stock.

But really...."Bruce and Danny are jealous evil villain type idiots who are destroying the team"......."Scot McCloughan just lost his 3rd job in a row for what sounds like similar reasons as the first two whether it's drinking or attitude".  Makes more sense to me. 

well if anyone remembers what happened in tampa gruden didnt like the gm and had him fired to put allen there.  Maybe thats also why jay signed...

Archived