Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

38 minutes ago, techboy said:

I'm not sure you can read too much into that. If I was working in the Trump administration, I'd lawyer up too, even if I wasn't guilty of anything.

Especially if I wasn't guilty of anything.

That goes triple if it turns out to have some element of RICO. Those cases are notorious for dragging down even incidentals in a wide net. A lot of people would argue that the RICO laws are actually a serious government overreach.

OTOH, how many people in the Obama or George W. Bush Administrations had to lawyer up. The mere fact that they feel compelled to do so says something even if it doesn't speak to their individual guilt.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Article is 6 months old. Is he still trying to get immunity in exchange for testifying?

If he is smart like Hillary's minions

add

you might note he fully cooperated with the FBI investigation w/o asking for immunity(unlike Hillary's crew)

Edited by twa

1 hour ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Article is 6 months old. Is he still trying to get immunity in exchange for testifying?

That's what the GOP will cling to forever! 
"But Comey said that Trump wasn't being investigated!!" "FBI reviewed the phone calls"

They won't hear another damn thing and the goons will just keep pounding those drums every time these investigations turn up wrong doing.

It simply doesn't matter to them that the facts on the ground are fluid during on-going investigations. They just don't care because way back when a person no longer involved in the current investigation said Trump wasn't being investigated.

And you'll have @twadragging out every outdated and blatantly warped article out of the archives just to muddy the waters.

What a great country we have here. I'm so glad we're winning again.

374148CA00000578-3741742-image-m-75_1471

7 minutes ago, twa said:

If he is smart like Hillary's minions

add

you might note he fully cooperated with the FBI investigation w/o asking for immunity(unlike Hillary's crew)

HE DID ask for immunity!

Damn you just love making stuff up.

In case you honestly did forget...I doubt it though.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/30/politics/michael-flynn-immunity-testimony/index.html

Oh and I love how Clinton isn't even part of this discussion but that GOP boogeyman has to get dragged into EVERY freaking topic EVERY freaking time.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

1 minute ago, twa said:

I guess you are confused on who's investigation he requested immunity.

It wasn't the FBI's(who said he has been fully cooperative)

All you know is that it hasn't been reported that if he asked for FBI immunity. But the reality is that he's already asked for immunity during the course of the now multiple investigations into the Trump campaign and administration.

It doesn't matter though, because I'm sure it's all tied back to Bill Clinton getting a blowjob.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

OTOH, how many people in the Obama or George W. Bush Administrations had to lawyer up. The mere fact that they feel compelled to do so says something even if it doesn't speak to their individual guilt.

It says they know that the administration is being investigated.

Like techboy said, I would do the exact same.  Even if I were pretty sure all my coworkers and I were innocent I would hire a lawyer and let the legal minds sort it out.

(Granted, I believe there is guilt somewhere within Trump's ranks, but hiring a legal expert would be prudent either way.)

Edited by dfitzo53

22 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

It says they know that the administration is being investigated.

Like techboy said, I would do the exact same.  Even if I were pretty sure all my coworkers and I were innocent I would hire a lawyer and let the legal minds sort it out.

(Granted, I believe there is guilt somewhere within Trump's ranks, but hiring a legal expert would be prudent either way.)

I agree, it is smarter to lawyer up then to do nothing.  If we can learn anything from the recent past, it's that the Press will convict you before any litigation happens.  Too many reasons why it's a bad idea IMO.

22 hours ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

It depends on which investigations you are talking about and at what stage.  They are different and the problem with an independent investigation is that it can anywhere and last for as long as the political will of the other side lasts.   That's not right to me but it is what it is.

Are you saying Democrats are driving the investigation?  Or maybe you're saying that they will be the ones to decide when the investigation is over?

I think many GOP supporters have bought into the idea that this whole thing is a partisan witch hunt and are 1) ignoring any GOP voices that insist on the need for it (the investigation), 2) ignoring the fact that 4 separate investigations were commenced all by GOP lead groups.  

This last point would be a good sign if the WH weren't tainting the proceedings.  Nunes on the House Committee, Trump's dealings with Comey (not to mention Session's) affecting the FBI investigation, and now the campaign to fire Mueller.  

It's a shame that so many of the President's lies are bought into by his supporters ("Russia wasn't responsible for hacking", "This is a witch hunt", etc.).  

Even bigger shame that our President's strongest character trait seems to be "liar".   Sounds like hyperbole, but no...somehow it's a very fair judgement on my part.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Are you saying Democrats are driving the investigation?  Or maybe you're saying that they will be the ones to decide when the investigation is over?

I think many GOP supporters have bought into the idea that this whole thing is a partisan witch hunt and are 1) ignoring any GOP voices that insist on the need for it (the investigation), 2) ignoring the fact that 4 separate investigations were commenced all by GOP lead groups.  

This last point would be a good sign if the WH weren't tainting the proceedings.  Nunes on the House Committee, Trump's dealings with Comey (not to mention Session's) affecting the FBI investigation, and now the campaign to fire Mueller.  

It's a shame that so many of the President's lies are bought into by his supporters ("Russia wasn't responsible for hacking", "This is a witch hunt", etc.).  

Even bigger shame that our President's strongest character trait seems to be "liar".   Sounds like hyperbole, but no...somehow it's a very fair judgement on my part.  

Specific to the independent study, yes.  I do believe it is partisan.  The GOP was forced into a corner because of the issues around the AG IMO.  The GOP had to do this in order to uphold the integrity of this investigation but that doesn't speak to how long and where this will go.  That's going to be driven by the left.  As far as the other 4 investigations you are referring to, I can not speak to those.  I do not know when they started so I can't say they were one side or the other.

Not to mention, Mueller and Comey were/are both Republicans.

This is not some lefty driven situation.  Dems can't drive this (in any official capacity).  It's either the GOP or our institutions, neither of which are lefty arms of the DNC, despite what may be said about them and the "deep state."

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

Specific to the independent study, yes.  I do believe it is partisan.  The GOP was forced into a corner because of the issues around the AG IMO.  The GOP had to do this in order to uphold the integrity of this investigation but that doesn't speak to how long and where this will go.  That's going to be driven by the left.  As far as the other 4 investigations you are referring to, I can not speak to those.  I do not know when they started so I can't say they were one side or the other.

As much as I want to point out that it's crazy to think the Left has any say in how long and where the Special Investigation goes, maybe you can tell me why you believe this?

As to the other investigations - the FBI investigation, the Senate Intelligence investigation, and the House Intelligence investigation - what do you mean by "I do not know when they started so I can't say they were one side or the other?"

Edited by skinny21

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

So the right holds the WH, the Senate and the House but those EVIL LEFTIES!!!!!!!!!!

ABCDQ has been flipping between blaming lefties for this investigation and praising Drumpf and Republicans for allowing it to happen. 

The GOP-bot malfunctioned and couldn't decide between praising team R and blaming LEFTIES.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:
Surprised it took this long. 

Ladies and gentlemen, the former chairman of Donald Trump's Presidential campaign. But please by all means forget this silly witch hunt that would suggest collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

If you don't see this then god help you.

• Like 2