Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT.com: Washington promotes Greg Manusky to DC, Hires Jim Tomsula as Dline Coach. Hires Torrian Gray as DB coach!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Ok, if that's the case (which I'm not sure of, I think DVOA tells a different story, but that's fine) then the stats were up and down versus Haslett's steady decline, even after inheriting great defense's. Right? 

Which is better? 

Can you explain the niners massive jump in rankings when Manusky was let go? 

22 minutes ago, SteveFromYellowstone said:

Well we could go back and look through all the people that said give Barry a chance but that wouldn't exactly be productive would it? Unless we have a massive influx of talent and I mean MASSIVE, I don't see how it's possible that he would be the one we're really seeking when he has show almost no evidence of it elsewhere. I pray he proves me wrong and I'll gladly eat crow. Like I said this just reeks of a coaching staff blowup in a year or two.

From what I understand and perhaps I'm wrong, but he's had average defenses with middling talent. That alone would be an improvement over Barry. We also stand to have an influx of talent considering our huge cap space and large number of draft picks. You may be right though. I tend towards optimism, for the most part.

28 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Chances are in won't in 2017 though, I expect us to regress on offense so the whole thing could wind up a wash back at .500

Unles of course we nail FA and the draft.

So you are predicting both WRs and the QB are permitted to leave? Otherwise why will we regress? Curious in your logic. 

14 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Should I answer your question before you answer mine? 

Answer what? His rankings weren't consistently improving like you suggested. They were fluctuating and none of them resulted in a top 10 defense. Yes I do believe he'll be an improvement over Barry but I also believe this is the nail in Grudens coffin. It's depressing. 

10 minutes ago, TheCoach22 said:

So you are predicting both WRs and the QB are permitted to leave? Otherwise why will we regress? Curious in your logic. 

No I'm not predicting that. I do have a feeling we will have less offensive talent on the field in 2017 though.

Too many variables at present to be fair, just the way I see it panning out right now.

11 minutes ago, Taylor703 said:

Answer what? His rankings weren't consistently improving like you suggested. They were fluctuating and none of them resulted in a top 10 defense. Yes I do believe he'll be an improvement over Barry but I also believe this is the nail in Grudens coffin. It's depressing. 

Really man? Here, I'll walk you through the posts again but it's frustrating you're making me do that. 

First off, what I was suggesting was based on what I heard about regarding his DVOA rankings.

But then I agreed to go by your standard rankings and, according to you, they "fluctuated up and down". So I said, ok, then isn't that still better than Haslett's steady decline even after inheriting great defense's? 

You proceeded to ignore that question and ask one your own. Why should I attempt to answer if you're going to play that game? 

It's not my fault you made the statement about Haslett. That's what we're talking about now. 

4 hours ago, dckey said:

Manusky DC Rankings

San Francisco 2007-2012

2007 25th YPG - 20th PPG - 19th 3rd Down %

2008 13th YPG - 23rd PPG - 12th 3rd Down %

2009 15th YPG - 4th PPG  - 10th 3rd Down %

2010 13th YPG - 16th PPG - 19th 3rd Down %

San Diego 2011

2011 16th YPG - 22nd PPG - 32nd 3rd Down %

Indianapolis 2012-2015

2012 26th YPG - 21st PPG - 14th 3rd Down %

2013 20th YPG - 9th PPG  - 15th 3rd Down %

2014 11th YPG - 19th PPG - 2nd 3rd Down %

2015 26th YPG - 25th PPG - 17th 3rd Down % 

So he peaks in year 3. Sign jay and kirk thru 2019 season lol

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

No I'm not predicting that. I do have a feeling we will have less offensive talent on the field in 2017 though.

Too many variables at present to be fair, just the way I see it panning tight now.

Less offensive talent only if we don't resign KC, Vernon Davis and Garcon.  DJax wasn't on the field  as much to be a huge loss.  We will miss him but I suspect we would get by.

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

This whole process has probably been a bit of a kick in the balls for Gruden. Didn't have any pulling power at all. 

I disagree. He lost out on Bradley but probably had wanted Mandusky from the beginning. 

I don't put any weight in the other interviews and I don't think any of them were serious. We knew right away if it wasn't going to be Scott's guy Gus, we would just promote Jays guy.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Don't like it at all. This is the beginning of the end for Gruden imo. 

There was a lot of "Gruden is an idiot", "Gruden is among the, if not THE, worst coach in the NFL", and "this move signals the beginning of the end of Gruden" talk during and after 2014. Everyone saying those things, of which there were many (extremely loud, obsessive, and obnoxious at that), ended up being incredibly wrong. Often embarrassingly so. 

So let's hope that's the case again for the sake of the franchise. :);) 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We knew right away if it wasn't going to be Scott's guy Gus, we would just promote Jays guy.

Manusky is Scot's guy. Always was, by all indications.  

It's not Manusky's credentials that trouble me so much as our inability to pull interest from outside the organization. 

There's no way in hell that Manusky was our guy from the start. This was a rebound move. Hopefully McCloughan starts bringing in legitimate talent so we don't have to settle for less next time (3-4 years from now).

Not really that upset. We haven't had a homerun hire in quite a while. I hope this works out for this franchise's sake. If not, I see a massive overhaul coming with a completely new regime ala the Shanny first few years. I don't want that to happen at all. This year is so crucial and is essentially a crossroads type of situation. This HAS to work if we want to continue to see this thing move forward. I'll be studying up on Manusky now lol. 

Archived