Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2017 FA Thread - OP Updated with Signings (Sundberg, Galette, VD, Hood re-signed) *** Terrell McClain, Stacy McGee, DJ Swearinger, Terrelle Pryor, Chris Carter, Brian Quick, ZACH BROWN(!!)***

DC9

1 hour ago, lavar1156 said:

F Bruce Allen

Are you kidding me, I don't think even Bruce and Dan would have the balls to destroy a mans career by lying about his drinking.  If they did lie its beyond belief, Dan's wife had cancer, you don't lie about diseases.

I'm calling bull**** on Mike Jones.

1 minute ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Me either. This is diving into weird ass TMZ-like gossip from grown men. 

Things happen. It's unfortunate. They've parted ways. Too bad.

Do we know who is in the running to be the next GM? Any names being floated around?

I know the org loves Doug Williams. Scott Campbell also a natural choice. AJ Smith also out there.

Just now, RabidFan said:

an unnamed source, and unnamed player....just cause "player" is used, does that make it so?

just because people here dislike Snyder and Allen does that mean Scot was dismissed for not being a yes man

1 minute ago, SlkyCaramel said:

Me either. This is diving into weird ass TMZ-like gossip from grown men. 

Things happen. It's unfortunate. They've parted ways. Too bad.

Do we know who is in the running to be the next GM? Any names being floated around?

may as well be Bruce again

19 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Ppl.... "lowballing" DJax does not signal lack of willingess to pay for Pryor.

DJax = depreciating asset

Pryor = appreciating asset

U approach each very differently.

Ding Ding. We have a winner. Invest the money on FA's on the upswing of the career. Not in FA's on the downswing. That is one thing we have done well since the Fat Albert debacle.

1 minute ago, blueskin said:

Dan snyder, I hate you.  You are a sad little man.  Bruce allen, you are a disgrace.

Praying for Scot.

I don't see how Bruce & Dan are at fault for this....Scot apparently drinks on the job, the skins gave him a shot an he relapsed.  It initially seemed like they were trying to save him some embarrassment with the funeral thing.  We just need a new GM and stay on course with the idea we had with Scot before he relapsed.

But of course, you have to pray that Scot can turns things around for himself.  Seemed like it was going to work out well for both him and the Skins for a while.

9 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Book this...Scot will move on to another team and have that squad in the Super Bowl before our Redskins get there again...

What could have been...damn...

Or he will end up in a bar ****faced for the next 10 years. Who really knows?

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

I don't see how Bruce & Dan are at fault for this....Scot apparently drinks on the job, the skins gave him a shot an he relapsed.  It initially seemed like they were trying to save him some embarrassment with the funeral thing.  We just need a new GM and stay on course with the idea we had with Scot before he relapsed.

But of course, you have to pray that Scot can turns things around for himself.  Seemed like it was going to work out well for both him and the Skins for a while.

I don't buy the party line.  I need to see more proof.

7 minutes ago, London Kev said:

By Liz Clarke, John Woodrow Cox, Mike Jones and Master Tesfatsion March 9 at 7:14 PM

After weeks of speculation, the Washington Redskins fired General Manager Scot McCloughan on Thursday, a little more than two years into a four-year contract.

An official with direct knowledge of the situation attributed the decision to McCloughan’s ongoing problems with alcohol, which also led to his firing from front office positions with the San Francisco 49ers in 2010 and Seattle Seahawks in 2014.

“He’s had multiple relapses due to alcohol,” said the official, who spoke on a condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment on personnel matters. “He showed up in the locker room drunk on multiple occasions. . . . This has been a disaster for 18 months.”

McCloughan, the official said, has received alcohol treatment since joining the franchise in January 2015, but he hasn’t actively worked for the team in weeks. Even before McCloughan left Redskins Park abruptly late last month, the official said, he had already been placed in “timeout” because of his behavior. ...........

If true, not sure what else the team could have done.

IF HE WAS DRUNK AT GAMES AND LOCKER ROOM WHY FIRE HIM IN MARCH?  ITS BS

Waiting for all of those that were going on last night about "One side of the story" to react similarly to this.

As I've said from the start, the Redskins "side" of this has been leaking for a while now, this isn't new. And I fully believe it's more likely a middle ground between the two, given the history of BOTH sides of this equation. 

7 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

an unnamed source, and unnamed player....just cause "player" is used, does that make it so?

I'd rather have a drunk functioning Scot then a Bruce running the scouting and draft.  We have many picks due to here and some gems.  Bruce and moreso Scheaffer are the cap gurus. 

John Nash was a nutter, build Scot his own cave and let him run him film analysis with stats with an open bar.  He knows players talents and team building more than anyone in our FO. 

Problem I have is. the guy hasnt really done a good job. His FA aquisitions have been utter garbage. And his drafts have been pedestrian at best.

8 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

Are you kidding me, I don't think even Bruce and Dan would have the balls to destroy a mans career by lying about his drinking.  If they did lie its beyond belief, Dan's wife had cancer, you don't lie about diseases.

It would be really sad if they lied so I'm calling bull**** on Mike Jones.

Probably a smart choice calling bull**** on Jones. Lets not forget the history of the guy we are talking about.

IF he was legitimately been relapsing repeatedly throughout his time here, if he was legitimately drunk at games and in the locker room, if it is as bad as all the Redskin leaks were actually making it out to be...

...then waiting till THE OPENING DAY OF FREE AGENCY to publicly fire your GM, instead of taking care of this AGES ago when these repeated "relapses" were first starting, or when he was actually showing up to games drunk, is definitely a stain on this organization and a F up on their part. If all that they are leaking is true and the whole story (again, I don't believe it is the whole story), Scot's definitely in the wrong for doing it. But EVEN if the Redskins story was 100% the entire story, it STILL is indicative of a clown shoes organization that they waited and waited and waited till NOW to finally pull the trigger.

You ppl hate Snyer and Allen so much you're excusing drinking on the job because it "didn't affect performance"??

WTF? You think this is Mad Men?

"Yeah he was drinking but it didn't affect his driving! This DUI is bull****!"

If I drink on the job I'm getting fired. It's unprofessional and unacceptable. Doesn't matter if my colleagues like me and think it's not a big deal. Grown ups have to make tough decisions, like enforcing standards on professionalism. Very unfortunate it didn't work out. But not blaming this on the FO.

14 minutes ago, redrobert said:

Book this...Scot will move on to another team and have that squad in the Super Bowl before our Redskins get there again...

What could have been...damn...

well he'd been out of football for a year when we got him and I think people were a little surprised by the move.  Plus in his time with the Skins the only place he's shown marked improvement is in the OL, in the past he's had trouble with QB selection and DLs as well. 

Archived