Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is 11-5 or better still possible?

hail2skins

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This feels eerily similar to the first few weeks of 2013...

Precisely.  I'm not a gloom & doom kind of guy.  I just don't think playoff caliber teams get their butts handed to them, at home, in that manner.  Kirk Cousins played scared & erratic.  No running game.  No pass rush up front.  A poor defensive scheme.  The bright side is... Good year to have the #1 pick & need a QB!

If the coaches stop over analyzing and do what's obvious we will win more games: 

1) Put our best corner on the best receiver. Last time I checked, the team paid CB1 money to Josh Norman! Make the man earn it!

2) Practice! We had almost double the penalties steelers had, this is coaching! On some plays, the team looked UTTERLY confused... Practice better!

3) Washington Redskin Football will and always has been a physical running team. These skins give up on the run easily...don't, esp in the 2 TE set w/ Davis and Reed.

4) Use a 3-4 only when u have the D line to do it, otherwise ur D line will always get abused, for now, use a 4-3 cause we can't stop the run! If we stick with the 3-4, we'll always get beat by a power running game!

My take is this team got a swollen head from last season and they didn't improve. The NFC East is there for the taking!!! Someone needs to light a fire under this team!

36 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Only because the Skins play in the NFC Least is 7-9 obtainable.  3-13 is absolutely a possibility.

Let's take it down a notch.

This is the epitome of an overreaction.

were we good? Nope. But 3-13 is a long way away. A LONG way.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Let's take it down a notch.

This is the epitome of an overreaction.

were we good? Nope. But 3-13 is a long way away. A LONG way.

Were we good?  My god no.  Were we absolutely awful.  Yes, sir!  Overreaction?  I said we could be 7-9.  I don't think that's reaching at all.  3-13, would you really truly be surprised???  Cmon! 

11 hours ago, -JB- said:

Were we good?  My god no.  Were we absolutely awful.  Yes, sir!  Overreaction?  I said we could be 7-9.  I don't think that's reaching at all.  3-13, would you really truly be surprised???  Cmon! 

It's entirely possible. But a long ways away.

On September 13, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Koolblue13 said:

They're first good drive was 10 minutes long. Impressive.

I'm not patting our defense on the pack and blame should certainly be shared. Maybe I'm trying to find a diamond in a turd, instead of being happy about a solid one in a sea of diarrhea.

Aren't you the one I quoted last night who said he was done for the season after the first quarter?

First half...but yes.  And your point?  

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

And yet here you are.......

Oh no...I'm done with scheduling my Sunday's or other days around this team.  I'm done with plans of going to a game this year.  I'm done with being hopeful that they will be a quality team this year.  But I'm not done griping about them here! :)

2 minutes ago, 3 Rings said:

Oh no...I'm done with scheduling my Sunday's or other days around this team.  I'm done with plans of going to a game this year.  I'm done with being hopeful that they will be a quality team this year.  But I'm not done griping about them here! :)

So you just want to ****.

I've seen some overly dramatic posts in the HD thread, but you sir, you nailed it.

Of course it is. Looking like crap can happen to any team. Even the Patriots looked like a FCS team a couple times. But you have to bounce back quickly. That's what separates 11-5ish teams from teams that, depending on the way the ball bounces, could be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. Season ain't over, but from a one game assessment, I really don't have a clue as to where we go from here.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Of course it is. Looking like crap can happen to any team. Even the Patriots looked like a FCS team a couple times. But you have to bounce back quickly. That's what separates 11-5ish teams from teams that, depending on the way the ball bounces, could be anywhere from 7-9 to 9-7. Season ain't over, but from a one game assessment, I really don't have a clue as to where we go from here.

yup. Look how the pats started in 2014, 2-2 and a big blowout to the chiefs in one of those losses, last year the packers had loses of 19 and 28 points. It happens to everyone. However those teams have the fortitude to bounce back from games like that, so far the skins have not shown that.

I don't know what happens from here on out, but I hope they get their act together and quick.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

So you just want to ****.

I've seen some overly dramatic posts in the HD thread, but you sir, you nailed it.

I don't have the right to ****???  Where else do you gripe about your team other than their message boards?  I've seen some tone deaf participants of these boards but you, sir, you nailed it.  

Archived