Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"DeSean Jackson Watch"

Renegade7

Somebody has to tell me how we can't trade him in the next week. For the record, I have said in the last year and a half, with all the drama at Redskin Park, DJax has been about as much drama as the backup long snapper.

Point being, I don't think teams necessarily have to worry bout baggage. Again, I'm a huge DJax fan, prolly will root for him if he goes to another team (on basis what he did to Philly alone). Just think we could fetch something for him...

Jerry Rice is and was a legend - But he was also a guy who admitted to cheating (using Stickum) pretty extensively throughout his career. (and may have been what he was referring to in your second quote :))

That to me actually doesn't take away from any of his (Jerry Rices)  achievements but Jerry Rice was always portrayed as a saint and every one was a level below him. - My point is you cannot take the public perception of a player and translate it into what they actually are.

DeSean Jackson for all of his bad press is known as a hard worker and dedicated to his craft. He wants to be known as one of the best of all time.

When he says to Ross - you have to do more than I do - that is a motivational tool. It is not that Jackson pervieves himself to be the best WR on the team, but Ross does. If it is drilled into him (Ross) so that he knows he needs to be better than the best on the team, JUST to make the team, and if that is something he wants. Then he is always going to give that high level of effort.     

In your defense of DeSean Jackson you actually take shots at Jerry Rice because maybe he used stickum. Ridiculous.

But that's not even the point. You should practice as hard as you can- He is trying to be a leader but even when he is helping Rashad Ross his thought process is flawed. He shouldn't be telling Ross he has to work harder then him. He should be be showing him how to work as hard as you can. He also seems to indicate his spot is secure on this team. Next year I'm not so sure about that. 

DeSean by all accounts is a great teammate and even better player.

Any team would be lucky to have him.  If we did trade him he could easily fetch a 1st round pick.

The only thing that could prevent that is the stupid false rumor that Philly tried to float about him having gang affiliations, etc.

I don't want to trade him, but if the team did want to they could get great value.

Any team would be lucky to have him.  If we did trade him he could easily fetch a 1st round pick.

The only thing that could prevent that is the stupid false rumor that Philly tried to float about him having gang affiliations, etc.

I don't want to trade him, but if the team did want to they could get great value.

Yea maybe they can package him with another great teammate in RG3 and get 2 first round picks #fantasyland #thisisntfantasyfootball

#beluckytogeta5thrdfordesean

In your defense of DeSean Jackson you actually take shots at Jerry Rice because maybe he used stickum. Ridiculous.

But that's not even the point. You should practice as hard as you can- He is trying to be a leader but even when he is helping Rashad Ross his thought process is flawed. He shouldn't be telling Ross he has to work harder then him. He should be be showing him how to work as hard as you can. He also seems to indicate his spot is secure on this team. Next year I'm not so sure about that. 

The only thing flawed is this interpretation of what a guy says when working out with other players, on his own time! for no other reason than to help the player and the team!!!  Yea what a flawed teammate and player that is!!!  <--  searing sarcasm in case it's not clear.......  

Only people with some ax to grind and just looking for something so hard they are willing to make something out of nothing would see something wrong with what he said. Sorry, but I get really tied of this holier than thou type evaluation of players and coaches. No one could possibly stand up to the scrutiny some people these players under, including the people doing it! It's totally bull ****.

DJax may not be here next year, but it will not be because he was a bad teammate or a selfish player. It will be because his contract is too big for a team that is rebuilding. Since none of his $8M due next year is guaranteed, he will probably be asked to restructure. If he does not he will be released. Same with Pierre Garcon.

Any team would be lucky to have him. If we did trade him he could easily fetch a 1st round pick.

Not when there's rumors he might get cut because of his cap hit we won't.

We won't get anything worth a healthy DJax, nothing, especially after he's just lost nearly half the season to a hamstring injury.

If its true we may just restructure his contract, then I feel less of a reason to push him out the door for the "sake of the rebuild".

The only thing flawed is this interpretation of what a guy says when working out with other players, on his own time! for no other reason than to help the player and the team!!!  Yea what a flawed teammate and player that is!!!  <--  searing sarcasm in case it's not clear.......  

Only people with some ax to grind and just looking for something so hard they are willing to make something out of nothing would see something wrong with what he said. Sorry, but I get really tied of this holier than thou type evaluation of players and coaches. No one could possibly stand up to the scrutiny some people these players under, including the people doing it! It's totally bull ****.

DJax may not be here next year, but it will not be because he was a bad teammate or a selfish player. It will be because his contract is too big for a team that is rebuilding. Since none of his $8M due next year is guaranteed, he will probably be asked to restructure. If he does not he will be released. Same with Pierre Garcon.

I said his thought process is flawed. I think its fair to wonder if his training regime is leading to some injuries. I didnt say he was a bad guy or selfish. He may be but my post didn't say anything to that effect. You made up something i never said and started arguing against it.

I love the rants though. In a prior post you point out that DeSean was healthy last year and the team got its money worth. The team still went 4-12 though. But this year he will come back after the bye and help us to 5-3 or 6-2 record. Its a stretch but I hope so. 

He shot this during his off time. He missed absolutely zero workouts. He did work out on his own during voluntary OTAs, but many players in the NFL do the same. His workout was approved by the team. So your statement "DeSean was too busy vacationing and shooting a reality tv show" is completely false. And he did come into camp in great shape. But some buffoon put a tackling sled too close to the field and he got hurt. That's why he missed TC which is what most likely contributed to the hamstring. Hamstrings can take a long time to heal, especially for someone who relies on speed.

So the facts are he did show up, he was in shape and he had his **** together. But hey, like many other of the posters slamming a guy who is honestly injured, don't let the facts get in your way.

Big Al Haynesworth followed the same model.

He was certainly targeted. The report said they knew were all his security cameras were

They could've been there to attack the group of armed thugs already at his apartment. Good to see none of his friends got injured during the melee.

Big Al Haynesworth followed the same model.

That's a complete and total fabrication, that's a lie for the vocabulary impaired. Haynesworthlessness came into camp completely out of shape. He skipped all the voluntary OTAs and I believe came into TC late. He could not even pass a physical. DJax missed one week of OTAs with the teams OK. He was in camp for everything else and worked as hard as he could to get healthy for the opener. He even worked off season with Robert and several other WRs.

To even insinuate DJax is the same kind of teammate as AH is again just complete bull****. If you are going to make **** up, why even bother to comment. It's zero value added.

never wanted him here can't wait until he is gone we need a true #1

Exactly...After the season he will be gone and some delusional Redskins/Djax fans can complain all they want about how they will never replace his 60 catches a season stats. Then Scot M will replace him just fine. Hail.

I said his thought process is flawed. I think its fair to wonder if his training regime is leading to some injuries. I didnt say he was a bad guy or selfish. He may be but my post didn't say anything to that effect. You made up something i never said and started arguing against it.

I love the rants though. In a prior post you point out that DeSean was healthy last year and the team got its money worth. The team still went 4-12 though. But this year he will come back after the bye and help us to 5-3 or 6-2 record. Its a stretch but I hope so. 

No rants, just pointing out how flawed your comment was. I did not make anything up. You said his statement to Ross showed flawed thinking. You took it out of context and applied the meaning you wanted so it fit your agenda of trying to make something out of nothing, the new pastime in DC it appears. You took something positive the guy did and tried to make it something bad based on a single comment taken out of context. That's bull****. 

He worked hard last year and was one of the people that did what they could. I believe he led the league in catches of more than 20 yds, and that's with 3 different QBs throwing him the ball. He was listed as the 10th best WR in football by football outsiders http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2014. There is no reason to think he can't help the team if he comes back.

More importantly, you missed where I said I expected more of 4-4 and that would actually be good. I then asked the question would that be getting value for him? The implication is IF. I also don't see us having that kind of record with or without DJax. But IF he were able to have that kind of impact, would he not be worth it even if only for a half year?

DJax watch is apparently a sun dial. :(

Injured is injured, but he lost half a season to that muscle pull.

its the nature of the injury ... and from experience I can also say that it happens to players who are in game condition as well as not in game condition ... plant foot slips ... imbalanced quad/hamstring strength ... unusual lunges ... playing dehydrated ... etc.  I lost 5 weeks to a hamstring in college trying to come back before it was fully healed reinjuring it repeatedly.  It sucks that he's out but its not a reflection on anything except the health of his hamstring.

I have a really hard time believing they would cut him after this year and just go in the season with a first round receiver and what we currently have sans garçon...

How much actual cap money have we got invested in Jackson, Roberts and Garcon for next year. And what are the savings if we release all 3 of them?

HTTR

If you draft a young QB and you cut Garçon and Jackson you're doing the guy a complete disservice. I just cannot fathom cutting your two best receivers with nothing to replace them.

The idea that WR cannot be drafted by us in 1st round is fallacy...GMSM stated Cooper was in his top 5. I don't know if a talent like him will be out there again, but WR was on our short list. 

I don't want to trade him, but the fact is, even a 2nd or 3rd rounder has more potential for this team right now than he does unfortunately. Remember, having multiple round picks allows to secure with one and reach with others.

Now, I believe we're right back in division talk after Monday night, so this all may be moot. Even on Rusillo & Kannel yesterday, a national syndicate, they were doing what we'll be talking about Monday. One of them (or host covering) stated that they'll be talking bout the Redskins won and Dal/NYG loser and the likelihood of Philly's loss...which means the script is flipped for D.C.

So its not just the homers who are seeing that this season isn't a wash...yet

I have a really hard time believing they would cut him after this year and just go in the season with a first round receiver and what we currently have sans garçon...

If you draft a young QB and you cut Garçon and Jackson you're doing the guy a complete disservice. I just cannot fathom cutting your two best receivers with nothing to replace them.

I never said I wanted to release all 3 of them I just wanted to know the cap figures for each of them if they get cut.

How much actual cap money have we got invested in Jackson, Roberts and Garcon for next year. And what are the savings if we release all 3 of them?

HTTR

You can get your answer here: http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/   They are about as accurate as any of the other sites.

For the 3 guys you are talking about:

DJax - CAP # $9.25M - Dead Money $2.5M  - CAP Savings if we release - $6.75M

Garcon - CAP # $10.2M - Dead Money $2.2M  - CAP Savings if we release - $8M

Roberts - CAP # $5M - Dead Money $2M  - CAP Savings if we release - $3M

I would be surprised of all 3 come back. Roberts has to be gone. I believe either Garcon or DJax are also gone unless one or both of them restructure. I could see restructuring Garcon. But you just can't have $20M tied up in just 2 WRs unless they are like Julio Jones or Megatron. DJax is probably the most valuable just because he can take the top off of Ds. But Garcon is a decent go to guy, especially after the catch. We just can't get him the ball in stride so he can make things happen. The rest of the year will make a big difference too - like if DJax comes back this season and then how he plays.

Archived