Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff Bostic and Monte Coleman to enter Ring of Fame per Redskins.com

RFKFedEx

Congrats to Monte Coleman and Jeff Bostic. The RoF is well deserved and long overdue. These guys were blue collar players, always doing what they were supposed to do through 4 Superbowls. Proud to sport my custom #51 jersey in home white. 

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Jeff-Bostic-Monte-Coleman-To-Be-Inducted-Into-Redskins-Ring-Of-Fame/61fbcdf8-7ca1-4264-953c-a321e0a6348b

This is such great news! :D Congrats to both of them.

Ya know, I thought Monte was already in.  11th round draft pick from Central Arkansas.  I remember his rookie year and Madden raving about him being a wild man on special teams.

The Rook :)

They deserve it, but I feel like we're reaching the floor.

Considering that we haven't exactly churned out superstars over the past two decades, who is left?

Samuels obviously

Portis and Moss, I suppose.

Not Champ Bailey, right?

Not Cooley, I would have to think.

Jansen maybe?

Most certainly Moss. Portis did carry us into the playoffs in 07, and he is our all time leading rusher. 

Samuels, sure..  Jansen, i'd have to pass. He was good for us, but not ring good.. i'd put Stephen Davis up before him, and i don't think I'd put Davis up.

3 guys out of the last 20 years or so.

~Bang

I do wish we honored our history more, and treated our stadium like a shrine. I know about all of the Hogs and the glory years as this team has been passed down for generations. I just wish the team spent more time honoring the good years, and the good players that were on bad teams. Sadly the first good offensive lineman I can remember was Tre' Johnson. It has been a hard twenty five years.

I do wish we honored our history more, and treated our stadium like a shrine. I know about all of the Hogs and the glory years as this team has been passed down for generations. I just wish the team spent more time honoring the good years, and the good players that were on bad teams. Sadly the first good offensive lineman I can remember was Tre' Johnson. It has been a hard twenty five years.

I hear you, and if you're a pseudo middle-aged person you have great memories of the Gibbs years......but at the same time its really sad when you go to games and 95 percent of the Skins history highlights shown is from the 1980s.

Redskins Ring of Fame suffers from the same problem as several other outstanding franchise in the NFL. Recognizing individuals in many cases on great teams. That said,Monte was always one of my favorites. One of the few times I remember yelling at the TV at Pettibone was for not sending him after the QB enough. ;) Bostic and Coleman were parts of a great team(s),but they deserve to be there,(personal favoritism noted. :) ).

Archived