Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:Bucs trade Dashon Goldson to Washington (MET)

paredskinsfan

Last year, Buccaneers safety Dashon Goldson was available via trade.  And the Buccaneers instead traded safety Mark Barron, to the Rams.

This year, the Bucs have finally shipped Goldson elsewhere, to Washington.  PFT has confirmed that the Buccaneers have traded Goldson plus a 2016 seventh-round pick to Washington for a 2016 sixth-round pick.  The trade was first reported by Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/03/bucs-trade-dashon-goldson-to-washington/

OOOOOOOOOOKAY!!!

Gonna be tough losing that 2016 6th rounder ;), but HELLS YEA. We know the guys got talent, just hope last year was bad fit for system. 

Plus pick32 rd 6 vs pick 1 rd 7 not a big difference.

When you lose the chance to draft Tom Brady, that RB from Denver (or was that ATL?) years ago, or AlMo.

Or Lache Seastrunk, Bacarri Rambo, Evan Royster, Aldrick Robinson, Dennis Morris, Robert Henson, Durant Brooks, Kareem Moore, Colt Brennan, HB Blades,  and Jordan Palmer.

Many of them were not totally at fault.  But the point I'm making that there is one AlMo for MANY other 6th rounders that don't pan out. And you can use the logic that you can find a gem or a bust in EVERY round of the draft. I don't get the affinity for a single 6th rounder. Doesn't make a bit of sense to me.

OOOOOOOOOOKAY!!!

Gonna be tough losing that 2016 6th rounder ;), but HELLS YEA. We know the guys got talent, just hope last year was bad fit for system.

Plus pick32 rd 6 vs pick 1 rd 7 not a big difference.

The 6th rounder has to be higher than 32, unless it's a pick we got from someone else, correct?

Like the trade but hope we have done something about his contract. He is/was due $8M this year with a $4M guarantee and an $8M cap number. He has 2 more years on his deal at $8M and $7.5M salaries but no guarantees after this season.

He was poor last year but if he can get back to the player he was with the 49ers we got a lot better at safety.

He won't make the team.

YOU could have made the 53 at safety on our squad before this trade. You've missed your chance now though, I'd sack your agent if I was you.

Like the trade but hope we have done something about his contract. He is/was due $8M this year with a $4M guarantee and an $8M cap number. He has 2 more years on his deal at $8M and $7.5M salaries but no guarantees after this season.

He was poor last year but if he can get back to the player he was with the 49ers we got a lot better at safety.

YOU could have made the 53 at safety on our squad before this trade. You've missed your chance now though, I'd sack your agent if I was you.

According to reports, the Bucs are still going to pay the $4 million guaranteed money.

The Redskins will pay the non-guaranteed portion.

Get him in house for basically nothing. Have Bucs pay all of his guaranteed money to play for us this year. See if he's able to rejuvenate his career with us this year. If not, you can cut him or ask him to take a significant pay cut. All good here, no downside. SM wins again. 

Holy mother ****ing crap balls!!!!!

We have legitimate starters at all 11 positions on defense and him and Hatcher are the only ones 30 or over.

Hot damn!!!

Now we can draft some nasty depth and have a sick defense. We're back ****es!

This trade was great. If he hit the open market, he'd have gotten paid BIG! We get him for a slight drop back at the tail end of the draft and 4 bills?!? Kidding me?

Go Scot, Go!

Archived