Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Vikings Prediction Thread: Tour de Force?

skins island connection

Where: Minneapolis Minnesota [ or somewhere close ]

Time: 1:00 P.M. est 12:00 cst etc etc etc

Well, where exactly does one start?

A season slipping away was all the Redskins saw, until monday night, where a determined Redskins team went to Cowboy Stadium and shut down a powerful offense in Dallas. Alot of the continual problems seemed to disappear, but a few were still wandering around, but nothing near as excessive as in past weeks.

Admittingly, I was one of those who thought the Redskins had no chance whatsoever, and face it, most of you did as well, and justifiably so. Boy were we wrong, in a good way.

Colt McCoy, another Texas grown product, stepped onto the field and had a fairly good game, but it was the defense that really stood out.

This week the Redskins go up against a Vikings team which squeaked by a scrappy Tampa Bay team, no Adrian Peterson to deal with, so all should be well, right?

Not exactly.

This is the prototypical 'let down' game that happens so often in the NFL, a big time underdog winning a game no one gave a chance of them winning, spirits are high, confidence higher, but this could be a game that determines if the Redskins want to seriously try and make a run for paloffs, dare I say division title?

Look for a much harder battle than it first appears to be, on the road, coupled with that uber-annoying horn or whatever the Vikings blow [ damn thats annoying thinking about it ] it could be a game that comes down to the wire.

When the dust settles and the Viking ships sink,

Redskins 34

Vikings 19

This is a tough one. While the Redskins are known to **** the bed the week after a big win like last night's win in OT against the Cowgirls, I have a feeling our defense will keep us in a close one against the Vikings.

Skins 31

Vikings 30

Skins 4-5 heading into the bye week. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I've had a really crappy month and need something optimistic like last night's win to pick me back up. HTTR!

This is a tough one. While the Redskins are known to **** the bed the week after a big win like last night's win in OT against the Cowgirls, I have a feeling our defense will keep us in a close one against the Vikings.

Skins 31

Vikings 30

Skins 4-5 heading into the bye week. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! I've had a really crappy month and need something optimistic like last night's win to pick me back up. HTTR!

Morris seemed to get a little confidence back last night. If McCoy keeps making good decisions and takes care of the football we'll win. 

Skins- 24

Vikings- 13

Man, this prediction just got a lot harder. The spread makers have got to be puzzled.

After the HUGE Dallas win, I can't bring myself to predict a Skins' loss. Like the spread makers and the rest of the NFL- I'm puzzled too.

Who are those guys?

Gentlemen, we have a season again.  If nothing else, this Washington Redskins team made it clear on Monday Night that they are intent on competing THIS YEAR.

As for the Vikings game, I fear McCoy comes back down to earth a little bit.  And this is The NFL.  I expect Minnesota's best shot; it'll be close, but I think we grind one out.

Washington   23

Minnesota     19

STOP GIVING UP ON YOUR TEAM SO QUICKLY!!! :angry:

Here's a real test

Gentlemen, we have a season again.  If nothing else, this Washington Redskins team made it clear on Monday Night that they are intent on competing THIS YEAR.

STOP GIVING UP ON YOUR TEAM SO QUICKLY!!! :angry:

Well here's a REAL test of that. Can they get up for someone NOT wearing that darn star on their helmets? One thing doing it off emotion against your greatest rivals. A WHOLE other following that on the road a short week later.

Can't see many points in this one. The Vikes O is bad. Their D is pretty darn good. Particularly up front. I wanted both Griffen and Joseph BAD in FA but alas not to be.

I'll edge to a Redskins win say 16-13. But it's not with 100% confidence.

Hail.

Also, how does it end up we play the Vikings every year? I'm beginning to feel like they're in our division. I don't mind playing them but I'm just curious. How many years in a row is this?

Sucktitude from both parties, combined with rotating schedules.

Fortunately, we lost last year, so it's our turn to win this year.

Here's a real test

Well here's a REAL test of that. Can they get up for someone NOT wearing that darn star on their helmets? One thing doing it off emotion against your greatest rivals. A WHOLE other following that on the road a short week later.

Can't see many points in this one. The Vikes O is bad. Their D is pretty darn good. Particularly up front. I wanted both Griffen and Joseph BAD in FA but alas not to be.

I'll edge to a Redskins win say 16-13. But it's not with 100% confidence.

Hail.

Ok, okay.  You be Yin and I'll be Yang.

Frankly GHH, your point is well taken.  But I would offer the counterpoint that while the team had been playing poorly, they were still improving.  Last night's Win was a manifestation of that improvement in a positive way.  Now the question remains, can these Redskins capitalize on the new opportunity that presents itself? 

I contend that they can.  I would imagine that you disagree with me.

man ... last night was special. I had a crazy little feeling we would win, said so in the prediction thread. 

That being said, I'm not sold.  We are built for the let down, we just are. World beaters one week, MIA the next. 

We lose against the Vikes, it hurts, a late score makes it look worse than what it was 

27-17

Ok, okay.  You be Yin and I'll be Yang.

Frankly GHH, your point is well taken.  But I would offer the counterpoint that while the team had been playing poorly, they were still improving.  Last night's Win was a manifestation of that improvement in a positive way.  Now the question remains, can these Redskins capitalize on the new opportunity that presents itself? 

I contend that they can.  I would imagine that you disagree with me.

Certain individuals have been progressing nicely. It's a real stretch to say the team has been improving week on week but this isn't the thread.

But hey, I've been trying to keep positivity up all year without going all ubber homer like yourself so we're singing from more or less the same hymn sheet bro'.

Hail.

I've been trying to keep positivity up all year without going all ubber homer like yourself so we're singing from more or less the same hymn sheet bro'.

Hail.

Hahahahahahaaaa!!!

Good one (& yes, I got quite a good laugh from your remarks).  Fine.  I am that kind of homer, but an intelligent one, right?

Heck, somebody's gotta do it.

Did I mention that damn annoying as hell horn they blow when they score or a big play?

that should be reason enough for the Vikes to lose.

I wonder if AP blows a horn like that before grabbing a switch? :P

FTR, My behind was introduced to a switch a number of times, but it was the Hot Wheels tracks that got my ass straight; and red.

But no AP, the only thing the Vikes can lean on is their front line, which can generate alot more pressure than ours could, but over-confidence is the Redskins biggest enemy right now.

We're going to run Minnesota off the field. It's too early for a let down game. These guys don't think they're hot stuff yet. They are excited at the opportunity to not be thought of as losers and see a team that they can beat if they play their best.

I predict we'll all be very happy watching this one.

I don't like this kind of game. 2nd game on the road in a row. Coming off a high point win, sandwiched between an "easy" game against Tampa.

Add on to that that it's against a rookie QB and I start to get nervous, especially after Haslett went soft on Weeden.

That said, I think the Redskins pull this one out. I'm very impressed with our young corners, and I think Orakpo being done for the year might be a good thing.

I'd love to see RG3 coming in with an opportunity to bring us back to 5-5.

Redskins get off to a fast start in this one before sputtering on offense, but the defense is able to overwhelm a terrible Vikings team.

Redskins 30

Vikings 13

Archived