Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: Jackson: ‘I Don’t Plan On Missing This Game’

MustangSteve

Make no bones about it: if DeSean Jacksonicon-article-link.gif had his way, then he’d be suiting up for Sunday’s game against his former team, the Philadelphia Eagles. But, for now, Jackson must test his injured left shoulder in practice over the next few days before really knowing if he’ll be good to go.

Click link for rest http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/DeSean-Jackson-%E2%80%98I-Don%E2%80%99t-Plan-On-Missing-This-Game%E2%80%99/f584a26c-5130-4a8a-aa93-c6ef41c06a8a

I wanted him to go off in this, game but now im worried...hope he's thinking of his health an not an emotional decision.

If its an emotional decision then i see why Kelly cut him. He should want to go off and prove to his former coach he made a mistake letting him go. If he is scared, nevermind the Redskins, he shouldnt be in the NFL. I seriously doubt its an emotional decision though and he will suit up to play. Its just keeping philly guessing if he will play and how effective he might be. I hope we come out running and then play pass bomb to him early first quarter.

If its an emotional decision then i see why Kelly cut him. He should want to go off and prove to his former coach he made a mistake letting him go. If he is scared, nevermind the Redskins, he shouldnt be in the NFL. I seriously doubt its an emotional decision though and he will suit up to play.

Your post confuses me lol...

Your post confuses me lol...

Sorry, i was replying to the poster that was speculating jackson not wanting to play might be an emotional decision. So i was trying to say if thats the case, jackson is soft if he is scared to go back to Philly. I doubt that has anything to do with him playing or not though.

I would love to have a scary deep threat in the game.

But I keep reading that the guy still hasn't practiced, yet, and I'm thinking that if he can't even give Kirk a few day's practice throwing to him, then I'm not at all sure how much of a threat he's going to be.

It takes time to develop chemistry between a QB and WR. (Or, so people tell me.) And that means more than one short practice, Saturday, and then game ready on Sunday.

This might be one of those cases where the Coach has to say "Sit down.  You're not ready." 

Sorry, i was replying to the poster that was speculating jackson not wanting to play might be an emotional decision. So i was trying to say if thats the case, jackson is soft if he is scared to go back to Philly. I doubt that has anything to do with him playing or not though.

He's confused because the poster you quoted was referring to Desean rushing back to play against his old team rather than resting his injury when he said an emotional decision. I don't see any reason why he would be afraid to play Philly or any specific team. They aren't exactly known for their defense.

If its an emotional decision then i see why Kelly cut him. He should want to go off and prove to his former coach he made a mistake letting him go. If he is scared, nevermind the Redskins, he shouldnt be in the NFL. I seriously doubt its an emotional decision though and he will suit up to play. Its just keeping philly guessing if he will play and how effective he might be. I hope we come out running and then play pass bomb to him early first quarter.

I think Redskins3D meant he hopes desean is thinking about his health rather than making an emotional decision (wanting to go out and play to stick it to chip kelly and further hurting his injury)

Basically rushing himself back on the field for Sundays game due to his emotions. Not about being scared

I think I'd go with Jackson, only because I think he is the more productive player game-to-game.  If you are looking for a strike of lightning to hit every 4th game or so, then Harvin can provide that, but Jackson is the better WR by far and will likely influence the results of more games.

As far as Jackson plays, as much as I would like him too, I am really not worried about the WR position if he doesn't play.  In fact I don't think our offense period is what we have to worry about, it is whether or not our defense is legit or has had a huge benefit by playing a couple of awful offenses so far.

If nothing else, as another poster mentioned, he can serve as a distraction and occupy at least one if not two defenders by playing. 

Of course, I want him for the rest of the season vice just the Beagles game....so Gruden will certainly have to keep an eye on how DJ looks/plays with that sore shoulder and take action as warranted. 

When watching the game last week I honestly thought Djax saw RG3 out of game and faked it . You never know with him , he has already tanked one season while an Eagle to get a contract. I would hope he has learned his lesson and become a good little boy. Djax has been known to give up in games and have little effort . "example RG3 browns PS Game " when Robert took that pinball hit by 3 people MR Jaccpot stood and watched.  As per comparison to Percy  Look at Djax game records not season , he does tend to have no show games.  He is a great player and gets respect from Defenses .

Archived