Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bleacher Report: Insider Buzz: RG3 'Alienating' Redskins Teammates, Cousins Closing the Gap at QB

StephenDavis

Oh for **** sake.  I commented in the Training Camp twitter thread that I was surprised that nobody had started a thread on this article, and that I was pleased.

Now I'm not pleased.

Somebody asked Tandler about this on twitter last night.  His (classic) response: Don't ever ask me about B/R article.  Ever. 

And now it's a thread.  

All the local guys are disproving it.

I personally don't for one second find it at all coincidental that this article came out THE DAY that the 'Skins play the Browns, where a Shanahan is coaching.

I honestly hope that Griffin throws for 600 yards and 19 TDs tonight just to shut the idiots up.  

*Tin Foil Hat On*

Kind of a coincidence that a hit piece comes out the day of a football game involving a Shanahan. Perhaps Kyle is the source? He couldv'e  called up the writer and said "Hey man, I'm still really good friends with the guys on the team and they said Robert is alienating us and the Kirk is the better QB."

I wouldn't put it passed that little weasel. 

Why would a "Top NFL talent evaluator" say anything about "he can't make any moves" or "others can really shake a guy" about a QB?

You know how far down the list on a report card that is?  :lol:

I mean, we're talking Honorable Mentions... sometimes!!!

This guy is full of ****!

I'm twitter fighting with Matt miller right now lol

All his little Stans are blowing up my mentions

Lol

May the force be with you, young padawan. :)

Hmmmm

Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is secure with his role as a backup

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/2014/08/16/deadeef6-24d3-11e4-8593-da634b334390_story.html

Doesn't sound like a push for the starting job to me.

I'll take Mike Jones' word over some clown from from Bleacher Report any day.

This guy made Mike Jones look credible? Now that's talent. :P

maybe add the video of him spinning backwards out of a Cortland Finnegan blitz from his second nfl game against the Rams?

there really is no need to point out anything about Griffin's running ability for those people that actually have eyes and a brain, because they saw what they saw, and they know what they saw.

It's the people with an agenda that don't care what they saw, and will say whatever they want to say.

*Tin Foil Hat On*

Kind of a coincidence that a hit piece comes out the day of a football game involving a Shanahan. Perhaps Kyle is the source? He couldv'e  called up the writer and said "Hey man, I'm still really good friends with the guys on the team and they said Robert is alienating us and the Kirk is the better QB."

I wouldn't put it passed that little weasel. 

No man, somehting is up. I mean, it was  a coordinated attack last year, no doubt about that, and I think who ever was behind all the leaks last season is grasping for straws and trying to stir the **** one last time. 

700.jpg?5288

Robert Griffin III Sends Receivers On Routes That Will Get Them Out Of His Way

ASHBURN, VA—Redskins coach Mike Shanahan announced Tuesday that quarterback Robert Griffin III will undergo further medical tests assessing the condition of the unrecognizable, ragged mess that was once the rookie’s right knee. “We’re not sure of the exact situation with Robert’s bloody, distended bulge around what formerly resembled a working joint,” said Shanahan, who explained that when he elected to play Griffin against the Seahawks, some cartilage was still connected to the bone, enabling the star quarterback to run and remain upright without hurting himself. “Doctors will continue to examine the useless, visibly throbbing tangle of tattered ligaments until they are confident about what to do next.” Shanahan added that regardless of the test results, he would instruct Griffin to continue running intensive speed and agility drills throughout the offseason.

I have no doubt that Kyle is still upset over the fact that no one (except a Browns team desperate for coaching) wanted to make him their OC (though I believe Baltimore offered him the QB coaching job).  

Like I said in the tweets thread, sounds like he wasn't expecting the "leaked reports" character assassination attempt to come full circle and hit him in the face.  

I also think it's funny that Griffin's character is reported on over and over, while Kyle's lack of ability to get along with a starting QB not named Grossman hasn't come up.

Kyle is a douche, I'm glad he's gone.

Also, I guess Griffin going around and setting up passing camps over the summer and generally propping up his teammates (saying Alfred is the offenses real secret weapon, talking about how Reed never drops passes, etc, etc, etc) is leaving a sour taste in their mouths....rIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiight.  (sarcasm for those with broken sensors)

<RANT ON!!!!>

I'm sitting here at work absolutely infuriated.  I mean, I'm just SEETHING mad. I'm so freaking mad.  

And what is making me mad is not that this idiot loser wrote the article.  First amendment and free speech and all. And I think he's a mouthpiece for Mike or Kyle, he's really just the middleman. 

But it's that so many people are gravitating to this story, and it's become a thing.

And when I get home tonight, and want to watch some MNF pre-game, you know what they are going to be discussing? THIS ****ING REPORT. Shefter is going to be called on to comment, and of course, he's going to very carefully say nothing to disprove the story.  And what is left unsaid will then be bandied around by a bunch of talking heads for hours.  

And I understand that it's more sexy than who is going to be the 6th offensive lineman, and which safety is going to stand out, and all of the other stuff that matters to ME.  I get that.

But on a night that I was hoping to get some cool football coverage, watch my team play, now I've got to listen to this garbage all day.

ESPN980, which is owned by the freaking Redskins is even doing entire segments on it.  Kevin "I wanna marry a Shanahan" Sheehan actually opened the "Redskins at 1" segment, a discussion with Chris Russell, by playing the damn soundbite. (What makes this double maddening to me is that Sheehan was my favorite radio personality covering local sports for YEARS.  His transformation into a hack has been disappointing. 

You know, I got to tell you, it's times like these when it is absolutely clear that Dan Snyder does not influence his radio stations.  Because if I owned them, I'd be tearing through the studio to personally deliver a pink slip, with vengeance and fury.  

I also think this is clear character assasination.  Somebody is behind this.  I think Snyder needs to hire a private investigator to figure out who.  And if indeed it is a Shanahan, sue him for every penny he's worth.  

/Rant

Whatever, if he plays well this season and they win some games everything else will work out.  If he sucks and it doesn't work then at least we have Cousins.  I really, really want RG3 to succeed so these articles and reports are disheartening but if he doesn't work out then at least we have Cousins to fall back on.  I defend RG3 so passionately that I'm driving myself crazy when I hear negative things about his game or his attitude.  From now on I'm just going to let things happen, I'm tired of all this drama so whatever happens, happens.

That is hilarious.  I can't believe I haven't seen it before.

Thanks for sharing.

The Onion did a bunch of great articles on Grif and the Skins. Google them and laugh for an hour. It's also more real and accurate thank the OPs article. 

Mods, get in here and lock this puppy.

Yeah Mods, RawBBQSauce commands thee!  :ols:

Archived