Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN P BLAKE CLINGAN

TK

For Immediate Release

April 8, 2014

REDSKINS SIGN P BLAKE CLINGAN

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have signed free agent punter Blake Clingan. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Clingan (6-3, 223) originally entered the NFL as a free agent with the Detroit Lions on March 5, 2013. Clingan spent the 2013 offseason with the Lions before being released on August 31, 2013.

Clingan played collegiately at Central Florida from 2007-10, finishing his UCF career as the school’s all-time leader in punt yardage with 251 punts for 10,017 yards (39.9 avg.) and 81 punts downed inside the 20-yard line. In 2007, he became the first true freshman to punt in a game for the Knights since the 1998 season.

Clingan, 25, attended Coral Springs (Fla.) H.S., where lettered twice and was named second team All-Broward County at punter by the South Florida Sun Sentinel. He was born on Dec. 7, 1988.

I heard about this freakishly strong legged punter who was a draft pick years back and is currently unemployed ,Durant Brooks...we should bring him in for a look also. I think public attendance at camp would be overwhelming once word gets out about his booming punts and gravity defying hang-time.

I remember somebody posting his Youtube highlights (yeah, highlights... for a punter) on here when we drafted him. Dude was blasting off into outer space on every punt. And to top it all off, Ray Guy was his mentor and next door neighbor or something like that.

I mean, how do you bust on a punter? Punting seems pretty cut and dry compared to other positions. It boggles the mind.

I mean, how do you bust on a punter? Punting seems pretty cut and dry compared to other positions. It boggles the mind.

No kidding. I just keep remembering Zorn pumping up the crowd at TC about this booming punter they were going to see. I'm thinking punt practice ?seriously? Lol guess it was a sign of things to come.

I feel like I lost 16 IQ points on that video. I didn't have many to spare anyway. :(

Then how do you know it was only 16?

hardlaughing.gif

Archived