Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN P BLAKE CLINGAN

TK

I remember somebody posting his Youtube highlights (yeah, highlights... for a punter) on here when we drafted him. Dude was blasting off into outer space on every punt. And to top it all off, Ray Guy was his mentor and next door neighbor or something like that.

I mean, how do you bust on a punter? Punting seems pretty cut and dry compared to other positions. It boggles the mind.

I know. I do remember seeing him, on his first punt during the first game of the regular season, take this massive gulp of breath, lol. He was totally freaking out inside, poor kid. 

You just don't know how a guy is gonna react when the games matter. He was fine in preseason, but it was obvious he couldn't handle the thought of failing once we got to the season. I never notice things like that in a player, but it was something I'll never forget. Total stage fright.    

I heard about this freakishly strong legged punter who was a draft pick years back and is currently unemployed ,Durant Brooks...we should bring him in for a look also. I think public attendance at camp would be overwhelming once word gets out about his booming punts and gravity defying hang-time.

Boy have things changed...

628x471.jpg

CAPTION:  Philadelphia Eagles punt returner DeSean Jackson (10) returns a punt for a touchdown as Washington Redskins punter Durant Brooks (14) chases

Archived