Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's too old to have the upside the Kings were looking for though.  He's almost as old as Beal.

Hmm... So Beal is as good as he will ever be ? Too old to actually get better ? 

BS is coming from steve...

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I love the Wiz but I mean I can't in good conscience put us ahead of the Warriors and Cavs. I'd have us at 5.

I keep seeing it, too.  Warriors I can see, but I need to see us beat cleveland, not just come close. Gotta believe this is based on right now with no KD or Kevin Love.  Love comes back healthy and if LeBron goes megatron, that's a tall order.

On 3/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, RonArtest15 said:

Forcing guys to play college ball who are clearly 1 and dones is an absolute joke.  Waste of time for everyone involved.  Think if every NBA team had a legit "farm" system?  You can get drafted straight out of HS, get paid, and be getting better/proper coaching that puts you on the path to hopefully becoming a pro.  Of course there are exceptions to every rule...guys who are capable of playing in the NBA from day 1, but for guys like Brandon Ingram, Thon Maker, etc., they can get meaningful experience/coaching BEFORE stepping foot on a NBA floor (not counting summer league.) 

I know this is an old post, but I've been saying this for years. The NBA would be better served as far as developing young talent, by emulating a farm system or something similar to how MLB handles their young talent. There is nothing wrong with HS players going pro. It is almost a forgone conclusion most of them will go into the minor leagues, and they'll get brought up when they're ready. Their MLB contract is on pause until then. This would help the NBA keep older players who lose a roster spot to a kid they're better than too. 

Edited by Gamebreaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I love the Wiz but I mean I can't in good conscience put us ahead of the Warriors and Cavs. I'd have us at 5.

I think they're better than Cleveland right now.  But if/when Love comes back, that's a different matter.

Cleveland has the worst defense in the NBA since the AS break and they're 22nd in the league on the year.  They also have no depth anywhere, and only have one 6'9 center in Tristan Thompson.  They are a seriously flawed team that would completely fall apart if LeBron wasn't carrying them.

Third is fair, given that the Warriors are playing like ass.  But I would put us at 4th behind San Antonio, Golden State, and Houston.  If Kevin Love comes back and Cleveland starts playing well again, then I'd drop us to fifth.  But I would go no lower than that.  I don't care what Boston does, we're better than them.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2017 at 10:55 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've been saying that since they implemented the one year removed from graduating high school rule.  It's dumb, might as well not even changed it at all.  Either make it minimum 3 years or have no restrictions again (I'm in favor of 3 years removed from high school).  

I understand that college isn't for everyone, but I've never been a fan of the one and dones.  It cheapens the college product imo and less prepares a lot of them for the pros both on the court and off the court.  

That and they would have to pay every athlete in every sport at the college.  No way that is going to happen either.

My issue with this is something Jay Williams said once. He said his last year at Duke was a waste of his time, because he learned nothing about the pro game playing college ball. He'd developed his game as much as he could, but nothing he needed to learn or practice was being done by Coach K and he didn't have the time or resources to work on his game. A three year minimum would be worse than the one and done rule. They need to remove the restriction(which is kinda unconstitutional to begin with) and really make full use of the D-League. 

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

My issue with this is something Jay Williams said once. He said his last year at Duke was a waste of his time, because he learned nothing about the pro game playing college ball. He'd developed his game as much as he could, but nothing he needed to learn or practice was being done by Coach K and he didn't have the time or resources to work on his game. A three year minimum would be worse than the one and done rule. They need to remove the restriction(which is kinda unconstitutional to begin with) and really make full use of the D-League. 

Its simple to me.

If you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to play professional basketball.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its simple to me.

If you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to play professional basketball.

The reasoning is to protect college dollars. It's a win for both sides. 

I don't disagree with you at all.

As a kid, I would probably go overseas for a year. 

4 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

The reasoning is to protect college dollars. It's a win for both sides. 

I don't disagree with you at all.

As a kid, I would probably go overseas for a year. 

I think it's only a win for NCAA. The NBA isn't getting better prepared rookies by the current rule. The players are also wasting their time for a year. If the NBA did what was actually in their best interest, creating a real farm system, the best players and probably a significant number of the simply good HS players would forego college and enter directly into the draft. 

49 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I think it's only a win for NCAA. The NBA isn't getting better prepared rookies by the current rule. The players are also wasting their time for a year. If the NBA did what was actually in their best interest, creating a real farm system, the best players and probably a significant number of the simply good HS players would forego college and enter directly into the draft. 

The NBA is indeed getting better players that play against the best college players in the world. 

The players are getting paid for a year if they go overseas. 

Most of those players are not ready. That is why they want them to have that experience. 

Granted, I am not disagreeing with you either. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I love it. But dude is setting his son up for failure and a massive backlash 

Lonzo's shot looks busted, but his floor game is sick.  I expect him to be a great pro.  Some guys just make things look easy.  He's one of those dudes.

I haven't seen the other brothers play yet.  I know one dropped about 90 points in a game, but are they supposed to be better than Lonzo?  I just can't imagine that they are.  

The dad's schtick is already tired to me.  Dude put up 100 dollar t-shirts and 30 dollar hats for sell.  Guy ain't all there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He's at it again :rofl89:

Oh man, he might regret this one lol.

MJ was killing cats at 40 years old in the pros. And if he fried MKG at 49, just stop it, bruh.

This is painful

Don't forget this

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18901427/lavar-ball-seeks-combined-1-billion-shoe-deal-three-sons

LaVar Ball has a price for his sons: $1 billion.

The father of UCLA guard Lonzo Ball and his brothers LiAngelo and LaMelo, high schoolers who are also committed to the Bruins, said he's looking for a packaged shoe deal involving his three sons that would be worth $1 billion.

"A billion dollars, it has to be there," Ball told USA Today in an article published Monday. "That's our number, a billion, straight out of the gate. And you don't even have to give it to me all up front. Give us $100 million a year."

You'd think leeches would want to keep a lower profile. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Lonzo's shot looks busted, but his floor game is sick.  I expect him to be a great pro.  Some guys just make things look easy.  He's one of those dudes.

I haven't seen the other brothers play yet.  I know one dropped about 90 points in a game, but are they supposed to be better than Lonzo?  I just can't imagine that they are.  

Hard to tell when the second brother is basically cherrypicking in HS games

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Hard to tell when the second brother is basically cherrypicking in HS games

True.  I just can't imagine them being better than Lonzo.  I like a lot of the kids coming into the league next year, but Lonzo would be my pick at #1.  There are some other guys that might be better players eventually, but I just think Lonzo will elevate the play of his entire team.  Kid's a prodigy.