Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

11-30 is when the "professionalism" really kicks in!

Nope. Its when it finally pays off. I understand how being a Wizards fan this seems unfathomable to you (11-30 is when y'all usually go crazy and start pooping in each others shoes and live re-enacting random Pulp Fiction scenes in the locker room), but trust me, it's not a difficult concept to understand :ols:

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Nope. Its when it finally pays off. I understand how being a Wizards fan this seems unfathomable to you (11-30 is when y'all usually go crazy and start pooping in each others shoes and live re-enacting random Pulp Fiction scenes in the locker room), but trust me, it's not a difficult concept to understand :ols:

**** you that hurt lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Youre doing this all wrong, Sin.  After the Wiz Buzzsaw sweeps the Cavs, LeGump is gonna come back to South Beach and make you whole again.  Get with the plan, my man!

10 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Youre doing this all wrong, Sin.  After the Wiz Buzzsaw lose before they even get the opportunity to sweep the Cavs, LeGump is gonna come back to South Beach and make you whole again.  Get with the plan, my man!

ISIS has a better  chance of learning to love their fellow man than the chance that LeBron would be welcomed back, or would even want to come back.

Why go for the woman that will challenge you, keep you honest and make you a better man, when you can  have one that isn't too bright, and will do whatever you ask, giving it up at will.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

ISIS has a better  chance of learning to love their fellow man than the chance that LeBron would be welcomed back, or would even want to come back.

Why go for the woman that will challenge you, keep you honest and make you a better man, when you can  have one that isn't too bright, and will do whatever you ask, giving it up at will.

You bring up LeGump and Sin turns into Dr. Phil.  I hope you can find love again...maybe with the best backcourt in the East?  Our door is always open...

The Cavs defense will improve in the postseason IMO.  LeBron coasts during the regular season, but he's a dominant defender in the postseason.  He killed it on that end in the last two playoffs while simultaneously carrying an enormous offensive burden.  Thompson and Shumpert also seem to lock in on D during the playoffs.  Kevin Love is also a competent defender in their system.  **** even JR Smith gets pretty good on D and starts gooning it up.  Korver and Jefferson are also sneaky good system guys.  Not having Dellavedova to stick on opposing PGs hurts though.  Frye is also a crap defender, if he plays.  And I think Deron Williams totally sucks on D.  They're going to have trouble stopping Wall/Thomas/Lowry.

But it's also not like the Celtics, Raptors, or Wizards are dominant defensive teams.  The only truly great defenses now are Utah and Golden State.  I think Cleveland is going to be OK.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Move up a couple seeds so we can talk about this in person in April : )

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

You bring up LeGump and Sin turns into Dr. Phil. ...

Dr. Phil was awhile ago.  Now after being denied the opportunity to face him down last year, and further destroying my team by coming between Wade and Riles, im more like Dr. Strange, wishing i could find a way to open a portal and send his gump ass tumbling into the Dark Dimension, to be sodomized by Dormammu for all eternity.

16 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Move up a couple seeds so we can talk about this in person in April : )

Talk about what?You're supposed to beat us. Y'all the ones that are supposed to be setting your sights higher, going for that ECF O"Brien trophy ? :ols:

The last thing I'd want is to have you face us and lose. I love all of you, and it would hurt my soul to have to clown you every day for the entire summer

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Talk about what?You're supposed to beat us. Y'all the ones that are supposed to be setting your sights higher, going for that ECF O"Brien trophy ? :ols:

The last thing I'd want is to have you face us and lose. I love all of you, and it would hurt my soul to have to clown you every day for the entire summer

No it wouldn't, lol, but I'd still need a wizards teddy bear to clutch at night if that happens.

Image result for washington wizards teddy bear

Then I'd blame Steve for Jinxing the **** out of us. Thanks, Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

*Starts reading post*

otmm.gif

*Gets to passive aggressive change in font size*

blank-stare-steve-carell.gif

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The NBA is the one sport where you can turn it on come playoff time. Cleveland is still the team to beat in the East, doesn't matter where they finish in the regular season standings.

Yeah but its not like they are middle of the road. There are few teams in the league that are as bad as they've looked defensively, and they seem to be getting worse and worse.

Remember when everybody started talking about what was going on with the Pacers a few years back and everyone was like "They'll flip the switch come playoff time" ? Eventually you are what you are, and what they are is a Church League defense

Edited by Mr. Sinister

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The NBA is the one sport where you can turn it on come playoff time. Cleveland is still the team to beat in the East, doesn't matter where they finish in the regular season standings.

And it's not just a question of "turn it on" in terms of effort, because series play introduces an entirely new level of game planning.  Defenses don't just try harder, they show up better equipped with what exactly they want to do and are able to make small changes as the series progresses.  Cleveland will be much better when the playoffs start.

Edited by Destino

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/03/28/morning-shootaround-march-28-2017

No. 1: Lue may punt on high seed to rest Cavs' stars -- For the first time since Nov. 9, 2015, the Cleveland Cavaliers are not leading the Eastern Conference standings. Their 103-74 loss at the hands of the visiting San Antonio Spurs last night pushed the Boston Celtics ahead of Cleveland for No. 1 in the conference. As Cleveland looks at its last few games, coach Tyronn Lue may be willing to exchange a top-three seed so stars LeBron James and Kyrie Irving can rest up for the playoffs.

Click link for the rest

My thoughts: they may be mini-tanking so as to fall to the #4 and hoping that we hang on to the #3 or better, but not overtake Boston, for the sake of avoiding the Wizards (as opposed to the Wizards wanting to avoid Cleveland, which is usually what has been discussed here) until the ECF, and facing Boston in the 2nd. I think Milwaukee snags the #5, so that's who Cleveland would face if they fall to the #4. Which would leave DC to face ATL, Indy, or Miami in the 1st, and (assuming they win) Toronto in the 2nd. I like that scenario. In fact, if we stay ahead of Toronto, that would actually give us home court throughout the playoffs, including the ECF.

The Bucks can be nasty in 1-2 years.  I know someone with close ties to the organization and that ownership is serious.  I've been watching them this year and they have a lot of young talent.  Brogdon last night hit a game winner to beat the Celtics and is in the ROY talks.  There's no one like Giannis in the game.  Jabari Parker was having a great year and if he can recover he can still be effective.  They're building a new arena which looks amazing.  Most of their key players on that team are 25 or younger.  

15 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Don't they have Brooklyn's next year also?

I think they have the right to swap 1st round picks with the Nets this year, and own the Nets pick outright next season. So yeah, I'd say the future is bright. 

I hope they choke on it.

• Like 3