Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How Many Games Will The Skins WIN this year - Regular Season 2013?

zCommander

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

.....At least this time I waited until the draft was over. :pfft:

With Robert coming back from a major injury/surgery we will have to wait and see if he starts on week one. With that in mind I am going to go with:

10-6, division champs or a wild card, and a playoff run.

If all goes well we should win the SB! :)

HTTR!!!! :point2sky

I'll stake out lucky 13, if Garcon stayed healthy we woulda pushed that last year.

13 last year? We could have just as easily went 8-8. We were lucky to beat Baltimore, and just barely hung on for wins vs. Saints, Dallas twice, Giants, Philly, Tampa and Minny.

Anybody who thinks were gonna coast to 12+ wins this year is quite optimistic.

I like our draft picks, but the reality of it is we basically kept the same team in place, just getting a year older and as of now haven't added any proven starters to our team.

Even IF Robert is completely healthy, with our tough schedule and an offseason for opponents to study our O, I think we'll be fortunate to get back to 10 wins and the playoffs.

13 last year? We could have just as easily went 8-8. We were lucky to beat Baltimore, and just barely hung on for wins vs. Saints, Dallas twice, Giants, Philly, Tampa and Minny.

I like our draft picks, but the reality of it is we basically kept the same team in place, just getting a year older and as of now haven't added any proven starters to our team.

Even IF Robert is completely healthy, with our tough schedule and an offseason for opponents to study our O, I think we'll be fortunate to get back to 10 wins and the playoffs.

Well SOMEBODY has to the optimist around here, guess it's just my turn today

Provided RG III is healthy and doesn't try anymore reckless things with his body....11? Injuries will be a factor of course. There will be a seasons worth of gametape out on your young guys too, so while I doubt RG III goes through a sophomore slump I think coming back full speed and having some tape on his tendencies should make for an interesting 2nd year in his development. That run to end the season seemed miraculous to me, we also are facing tougher competition this year, so it'll be tough...I think we should take the east crown again. Doubtful on the prospects of getting a bye. Niners, ATL and GB had good drafts IMO, as did Seattle.

Of course this is all predicated on RG III, we're probably a sub .400 team without him.

All depends on a healthy RG3. Like many others here, I feel this team has potential for an 11 win season, but if RG is not 100% or has to miss a bunch of games, I feel we may be more like an 8-8 team.

Regardless, I feel the team is finally on the right track after years of derailing, and even if we have a disappointing season this year, I think the future is bright for the Redskins.

Not a guess.

Like the soothsayer chick in the Waterboy.

That IS how many wins we will end up with.

Hail.

---------- Post added April-29th-2013 at 02:41 PM ----------

I could see 10 to 12 wins' date=' and another division title...and at least one playoff win at home. It won't be easy by any means, but I believe this team can play with anyone and they learned how to win tough games the second half of last season.[/quote']

S&B - nice job on Saturday btw, you guys were great, was my first time checking out SOTR.

Remember though, for as many games as they won and were supposed to lose, there were a few losses that could most definitely have been wins. I also don't think we are coasting to anywhere over 10. I think 10 is the number 11 on the high side and it all depends on #10...

Remember we had at least a shot at winning in St. Louis (Morgan's Unsportsmanlike Conduct pushed that to a 64 yeard field goal).

I feel we should have beaten Cinci. The Skins just got punched in the month in the same manner they punched New Orleans.

Tampa should not have been that close. Cundiff missed 3 field goals. It should not have come down to the game winner.

The Vikings game included exactly zero defense in the second half and never thought the contest was in doubt.

The first Giants game could have gone either way. No one knew which Skins' secondary was going to show up. I thought we were going to win the second won by a larger margin, given the way the Giants were playing at the end of the year. Same with the Cowboys. Forget about the Eagles. They just gave up half way through the season.

My unscientific prediction:

Wins: Philly, Detroit, at Oakland, Chicago, San Diego, at Minnesota, at Philly, New York (N), Kansas City, Dallas.

Losses: at Green Bay, at Dallas, at Denver, San Francisco, at Atlanta, at New York (N).

That puts the Skins at 7-1 at home and 3-5 on the road, but I also think either of Giants' and Cowboys' games can go either way. I also think the Chicago and Atlanta games can as well.

Who says we'll coast? I think we'll fight our asses off and WIN 13 games.

I believe we are one of the youngest teams in the league. I'd say a "year older" isn't a bad thing. Some of the young pups could use more experience.

I agree. Better than last year is a big uphill battle. Robert performing better, Almo repeating that performance, huge winning streak with our backs against the wall, D's learning how to address the read-option. 10 wins again will be tough to acheive.

You act as If hanging onto to win is something that should go against you. The fact that we actually hung on and in some instances made a play to hang on is a vast improvement from the Redskins teams of years past that let those wins get away. Plus, nearly every team in the Playoffs had wins where they barely hung on for the win (including the Ravens against the Cowboys just off the top of my head). The NFL is too good to win comfortably week after week, those types of wins are what separates good teams from bad teams. Don't be surprised if we match or exceed 10 wins with just as many nail biters

All things considered (Kirk probably starting out/ tough ass schedule/ more young guys playing major roles et all); I actually think we drop a game this year to a 9 win season. Should still be enough to retain the division given the state of the other three.

BUT it will be another invaluable season of experience for this growing young group to have together.

And in 2014, back on a level cap playing field, another great draft and another years experience, the NFL better be ready .....

We're the Washington Redskins. And we're coming for our trophy back!

Hail.

Archived