Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

16 minutes ago, TK said:

Speaking of Super Cars, check out Fastest Car on Netflix. They take 3 sleeper cars & put them up against a super car in a quarter mile drag race.

This dude is in the 5th show which is the first one I watched cause its a ****ing chromed out Lambo. :ols:

That guy seemed to be such a douche but turned out to be pretty cool in the end.  I binge watched that a couple weeks ago, it was really good.

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

That guy seemed to be such a douche but turned out to be pretty cool in the end.  I binge watched that a couple weeks ago, it was really good.

I'm telling you, that dude is a show waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 8:48 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Wild Wild Country on Netflix is pretty interesting. It's a docuseries about free love cult taking over a small town. Never even knew this happened.

I was only aware of it because it was mentioned in passing by Bill Bowerman in his bio about coaching at the University of Oregon.

Loved the series. When watching it, and seeing the alternate reality of Sheila and others, I wondered if something similar will be created in a few years around the man in the White House.

Edited by Corcaigh

Genius should be fun tonight. From the preview it looks like this will be the episode where Pieret is accused of stealing the Mona Lisa, and Picasso and Appolinaire have to figure out what to do with the stolen heads from the Louvre. Last season with Einstein was much better, but I have been looking forward to seeing this incident ever since I saw season 2 was about Picasso.

Edited by Riggo-toni

Barry on HBO. I think it's REALLY funny. It's not Silicon Valley funny, it's more subtle and dark funny. Some of it could be cheap laughs but even those have this ****ing bit of wit and intelligence to it. 

On 5/22/2018 at 12:33 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Amazon looks to be doing a 4th season of "The Expanse".

Amazon in Talks to Revive ‘The Expanse’ for Season 4

Fox is airing 2 bonus episodes of Lucifer on Memorial Day, They were held over for a 4th season that will never be.

This is another area Amazon video can be strong at: niche shows that don't blow up on main TV, but they can have a good enough following to make it worth amazon's while. 

I will get laughed at, I don't care.  

First of all, I watched this 6 or 7 part documentary on the 80s on Netflix a couple weeks ago, it originally aired on CNN.  If you haven't seen it, check it out.  They also did one on the 70s that's on there, too.  Produced by Tom Hanks, I think.  I was born in late 81 and love anything 80s related so watching those was great.  It has a good blend of fun topics (emergence of TV programming and music) and serious topics (AIDS crisis, Cold War).  The TV part is broken up into two episodes, IIRC.  One deals with the various types of programming that came out in the 80s as far as popular dramas and comedies, the second one talks about stations like MTV and CNN and how that helped shape the culture. 

Well, in the first one they talked about a show called Dynasty.  I remember my mom watching it when I was a kid, she also watched Dallas.  Her and her friends used to yap about those shows all the time and I have some faint memories of seeing them from when I was a kid...but I obsessed with Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Transformers, GI Joe, etc.  So when I was on Amazon Prime the other day looking for something to watch they had Dynasty on there so I figured I'd watch an episode and see what it was all about.

Let me be perfectly clear.  It is a terrible show.  It is a terrible show about terrible people doing terrible things to each other and I don't think there's one redeeming character on it.  And it's ****ing great.  It's a giant guilty pleasure and I've been watching for the past few days.  It's one of those things, it's so bad that it's good.  The clothes are awful and awesome at the same time, the acting is bad and sometimes surprisingly pretty good, the music is bad, the storylines are absolutely ridiculous.  Everything is completely over the top and I can't stop watching.  

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

First of all, I watched this 6 or 7 part documentary on the 80s on Netflix a couple weeks ago, it originally aired on CNN.  If you haven't seen it, check it out.  They also did one on the 70s that's on there, too.  Produced by Tom Hanks, I think.  I was born in late 81 and love anything 80s related so watching those was great.  It has a good blend of fun topics (emergence of TV programming and music) and serious topics (AIDS crisis, Cold War).  The TV part is broken up into two episodes, IIRC.  One deals with the various types of programming that came out in the 80s as far as popular dramas and comedies, the second one talks about stations like MTV and CNN and how that helped shape the culture. 

Well, in the first one they talked about a show called Dynasty.  I remember my mom watching it when I was a kid, she also watched Dallas.  Her and her friends used to yap about those shows all the time and I have some faint memories of seeing them from when I was a kid...but I obsessed with Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, Transformers, GI Joe, etc.  So when I was on Amazon Prime the other day looking for something to watch they had Dynasty on there so I figured I'd watch an episode and see what it was all about.

Let me be perfectly clear.  It is a terrible show.  It is a terrible show about terrible people doing terrible things to each other and I don't think there's one redeeming character on it.  And it's ****ing great.  It's a giant guilty pleasure and I've been watching for the past few days.  It's one of those things, it's so bad that it's good.  The clothes are awful and awesome at the same time, the acting is bad and sometimes surprisingly pretty good, the music is bad, the storylines are absolutely ridiculous.  Everything is completely over the top and I can't stop watching.  

CW airs a reboot of Dynasty; which was renewed for another season.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I heard about that.  I might check it out, I am not sure.  Part of the reason I am digging this one is the nostalgia factor.  For example, there's a character that drives a DeLorean.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's complete cheesy trash & I've been digging it since the beginning. Alan Dale as the butler steals every scene he's in.

SIX just started back up on History. I didn't realize it was going to be more then what it was. Always thought it was a mini series for some reason. Probably because they killed off Walter Goggins character at the end of it. This season seems to be the SEAL team goes after the terrorist that killed off their leader.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Season 2 of 13 Reasons Why is stupid. I've got about three episodes left so I'll finish it out but there are so many random things added that make no sense(things that should have been revealed in Season 1 basically).

Agree, the second season wasn't necessary at all.  It was mostly trash, besides all the hot 20-somethings.  Gen Z is a bunch of snowflake whiney ****es. 

Finished "Safe" on Netflix.  I loved it.  A true whodunit, I had no idea what the **** was going on until the last episode.  Acting was top notch. Michael C Hall's British accent was painful, but other than that it was great. 

On 5/30/2018 at 6:26 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I was born in 1975, my parents used to watch Dallas, Falcon Crest, Dynasty, etc.  Dallas was always the one I remember watching the most.  Dynasty, I remember the opening credits and theme music, but not much about the show.  Just started watching it with the wife last night after reading your post.  It really is so bad it's good/funny to watch.  If you haven't watched Dallas (original and continuation series), you should check it out. 

I'm not sure if it's on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon though.  Wife purchased the entire series digitally on Vudu a couple of months ago, even though we have seen the entire series a couple of times through over the years (Netflix DVD rentals years ago and on some soap opera channel).  

16 hours ago, TK said:

It's complete cheesy trash & I've been digging it since the beginning. Alan Dale as the butler steals every scene he's in.

I gave the reboot a shot and couldn't get into it.  But I will admit, I had it on in the background while I was playing video games and couldn't focus on the show/story, missed a lot of dialogue/scenes.  But you have never failed me on recommended shows, so I'll give it another shot.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TK said:

Season 5 of The Ranch dropped today on Netflix.

I finished it up right after midnight.  Was still pretty funny and really good.  Though at times some of the scenes felt off/different. Could be due to the stuff going on with Danny Masterson. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro