Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone watched Orange is the New Black?

I've been hearing good things.

Its a pretty good show, I would highly recommend it. Its funny as hell, at least to me.

House of Cards is so awesome also. that is a must watch if you have netflix. Netflix is putting out some quality shows.

Is anyone going to watch Sleepy Hollow tonight?

It looks silly..but a lot of geek fun.

If its got monsters of some kind in it and isn't about slutty vampires I'll usually check it out. This habit has resulted in my watching a lot of terrible shows at times but its still better than reality TV and the thousand cop/lawyer dramas. Hopefully this one isn't too bad.

Sleep Hollow was bat**** insane and I'm hooked.

Plus, I like that they know and acknowledge the story is insane. 

Oh man I watched it last night and I liked it. I always love stories like that and it looks like it could be pretty good. Only part I didn't like was the headless horsemen getting all geared up. I liked how they say the bible says the that witness 1 and witness 2 will fight evil together for 7 years. So if the show is successful, it looks like it can have a 7 season run. 

Breaking Bad

Game of Thrones

Sherlock (BBC)

Walking Dead

Suits

Continuum

Elementary

Parks and Rec

American Dad

Modern Family

Falling Skies

Louie

Big Bang Theory

Community

Psych

Archer

I watch other shows, but these I feel represent the best of them, in order. If you haven't watched one of the first 5 I listed and are looking to get into a new show, then any one of those should do the trick.

• 3 months later...

Putting this here...don't know who here is into this one.... I have liked Person of Interest since the beginning, and it has notably improved over time. It's become one of my favorite "mainstream" shows. Mr. Finch (Emerson) is awesome as always and Mr. Reese (Caviezel) had been superb as the very lethal current version Jack Bauer (darker and much more ominous). The last two episodes made excellent use of Cash's cover of "Hurt" in Reese's seeking revenge. Guy has a great "Doomsday" look when he's ready to rock.  :)

• Like 1

Has anyone watched Orange is the New Black?

I've been hearing good things.

The wife and I just finished the second season a few weeks ago. It's a damn good show, darkly humorous yet thought provoking. It did take a little getting used to seeing "Hot Donna" as a brunette though.

I'm a Mandy Patinkin fan, so I've been considering starting Homeland, which I think is on Netflix. Any advice?

Also was contemplating trying to start the Clone Wars cartoons. But I don;t want to go out and buy a bunch of DVDs. Does anybody know if there's some online service, ala Netflix, that has them?

I'm a Mandy Patinkin fan, so I've been considering starting Homeland, which I think is on Netflix. Any advice?

Also was contemplating trying to start the Clone Wars cartoons. But I don;t want to go out and buy a bunch of DVDs. Does anybody know if there's some online service, ala Netflix, that has them?

You will love Homeland if you like shows like 24 or  involve terrorist plots. 

Edited by skinfan2k

You will love Homeland if you like shows like 24 or  involve terrorist plots.

Never watched any of them.

Watched Criminal Minds, for a while. (Mandy Patinkin fan.) But apparently, shows like that don't sit well with my career as caregiver for Mom. (Recently tried watching Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Same problem.)

Too much drama, I seem to have problems with.