Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In honor of Mickalino: My moment with some kind of mother ****ing bee!!!

I think that was worth more than two birds. Maybe my second one...:D

Last time I was at your office, I swiped my file off your desk and photocopied it. It's been insightful, to say the least. Especially that bit there on page 73, paragraph 3, about testing my ability to lighten the **** up, by using repeated message-board insults of a more jovial nature; in order to thicken my skin, and help me to be able to laugh at myself. I think it's working....or the meds are. Regardless, thanks!

I still see black people. But they're usually real ones now. :silly:

Last time I was at your office, I swiped my file off your desk and photocopied it. It's been insightful, to say the least. Especially that bit there on page 73, paragraph 3, about testing my ability to lighten the **** up, by using repeated message-board insults of a more jovial nature; in order to thicken my skin, and help me to be able to laugh at myself. I think it's working....or the meds are. Regardless, thanks!

I still see black people. But they're usually real ones now. :silly:

I left the file out on purpose. When I am of help to you, I am actually helping so many others, too. :ols:

Billing invoice is in the mail. :evilg:

Okay, so I read this thread at work and it freaked me out as I also hate bees.

Then I go home and I have a note on my door that says - "We saw hundreds of bees flying into your back yard. Don't let your dog out! - Your Neighbor"

WTF?

So I go into my backyard and in the corner of my yard there is probably 500 - 1,000 bees all in a pie on the ground. The are in a mound shape that is probably a 1 1/2 feet wide. They are not yellow jackets or wasps . . . they look like regular bees.

Anyone ever seen bees act like this. Will they just eventually leave? Should I kill them? Do I call someone?

I have no idea, but I figured this thread was the best place for it. :ols:

Well Duckus. Looks like ensured that H_H will won't be sleeping as well tonight with that story. :silly: Did a quick search. Could be Honey bees. Either nesting there or just waiting for another location for a nest. Could be bees that lost a nest recently too. Whatever you do,don't mow your lawn with your mouth open. ;)

Well Duckus. Looks like insured that H_H will won't be sleeping as well tonight with that story. :silly: Did a quick search. Could be Honey bees. Either nesting there or just waiting for another location for a nest. Could be bees that lost a nest recently too. Whatever you do,don't mow your lawn with your mouth open. ;)

Interesting.

My new theory is that my neighbor found a bee hive, destroyed it, then watched all the bees fly into my yard. Then left me a note. :ols:

Oh well, I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend. I will see if they are still there Sunday night when I get back.

Damn H_H, I'm glad to heard that you're alright. That must have been completely frightening.

I'm also allergic to bees, or so I think.

Allow me to derail the thread, or at least ask some questions of the vast amounts of knowledge on ES...

I was stung by a bee (or so I think) about 8 years ago or so. I was at work and got stung right behind my ear. It felt like a bee sting as best as I could tell but I don't think I ever saw the culprit. Soon after, I started to feel light headed and my breathing was harder than usual. The bosses wife brought up some benadryl and somebody drove me to the ER. This was during a power outage following a hurricane, so this was our first thought. I never lost consciousness. The doc in the ER prescribed me an epipen and told me that my reaction would probably worse the next time I got stung. I've never had a reaction like that before and I've been stung at least 10-15 times in the past. Apparently your body runs out of immunity to bee stings, or so I was told.

This has caused a huge amount of anxiety when outdoors during the summer (especially lately for some reason). I'll often flinch if I hear a buzzing around me even though it might not be a bee. I try to tell myself that I'm not actually allergic to bees, as I'm not sure what I was stung by. I try to tell myself that I got stung at a bad location. I tell myself that I was drinking the night before so my body wasn't ready for a bee sting. Basically I try to psych myself out so that if I do get stung, I'll hopefully freak out less.

Does anybody know if you can get an allergy test specific to bees or other things that can sting you? Can they do a blood test so that I'm not getting poked an prodded by things that I could have an allergic reaction to.

I've been thinking about starting a thread about this just to get some words to ease my anxiety. Yes, I'm going to make a doctors appointment to look into this. I'm glad that H_H shared his fear of bees because quite honestly, I feel like a big pansy every time a bee comes near.

Anyone ever seen bees act like this. Will they just eventually leave? Should I kill them? Do I call someone?

I have no idea, but I figured this thread was the best place for it. :ols:

Most likey they are gathering their powers together to form a massive Monster Bee that will destroy your house and wreck righteous havoc upon mankind.

You should be ok though.

Wait...are you still in your house?

:evilg:

I've always kept calm around bees for the most part, even the really big once that give you the impression that you'd drop dead if they stung you. I've only been stung once, and that was when I was 7-8.

One thing I've always hated was being around bees in close proximity to large groups of people, because there's always one person who'll swat at it mercilessly, only for it to get pissed and take it's frustrations out on you.

Archived