Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

It also looks like they did not award my yards correctly. I have 4 upper level seats and have been a STH for 15-19 years. I should be getting 6000 x 4 = 24000 yards. They credited me with 8000. The only thing I can think of is that I am doing the 3 payments and maybe they are crediting me 1/3 at a time. Anybody else seeing this?

They are having some problems with adding yards for some people. So I ended the season with like almost 4K yards. I really did not do much last year saving for this year. Then I looked at my yards and it is at 7K with them adding 6K with my tickets. Also doing a payment plan. So it seems I lost about 3K yards. So I call the rewards office, they tell my you wont have new yards until I am paid in full. I am like Ok. But still something is not adding up. So I call back a few days later. Find out that everyone got there new yards when you hit renew and then they took them from you, when you went on the payment plan. I told them you took to many, I had 4K in the bank. She cant find the record of this. Then she tells me that they are trying to add yards as you pay. So, she said if you dont have your total yards a week after the last payment to call her back. But for me I checked again a day later and have 6K credited to my account on top of the 7K was there. So now I have almost 13K. 

Short story if you feel your short, call the office. 

• Like 1

It also looks like they did not award my yards correctly. I have 4 upper level seats and have been a STH for 15-19 years. I should be getting 6000 x 4 = 24000 yards. They credited me with 8000. The only thing I can think of is that I am doing the 3 payments and maybe they are crediting me 1/3 at a time. Anybody else seeing this?

One of the letters/email I read said you will not have your yards until you have completed payment. I took that to mean they wouldn't give any, but maybe they're giving it proportional to how much you've paid so far? I do specifically remember reading that...

I didn't renew my tickets but I got a voice mail from someone introducing himself as my account rep. He didn't say anything about me needing to pay. Just introduced himself and said I can call if I have any questions. Weird.

i have a silly question...

does anyone know where/when/how to find out the pricing of each game? I normally start selling my tickets now, or in may, and i have no idea what to tell people the games cost...

I'm with you on the pricing. I would like to know myself for the same reason

So I heard back from the team. Essentially:

They just got the schedule, pricing isn't set per game yet, they expect it to be ready within the next two weeks.

He said he'd email it to me, which if I get it I'll post it here, but there were no specifics on where it'd be posted publicly...

I didn't renew my tickets but I got a voice mail from someone introducing himself as my account rep. He didn't say anything about me needing to pay. Just introduced himself and said I can call if I have any questions. Weird.

They set a date of April 1st but what exactly happens after April 1st is kind of messy. We have lots of different stories that paint different pictures, majority of which do not align with official team policy.

I believe we have one report of someone actually losing their tickets on the deadline for not paying, but the consensus was that they had really good seats so the team took them when the opportunity presented itself.

Almost everyone else has been able to reclaim their seats by paying after the deadline, some long after the deadline. We've even had stories of people getting their seats back after preseason, before week 1, and not having to pay for preseason.

So, I wouldn't be surprised you had a rep call you like that... you probably still have your tickets, should you choose to pay for them.

My understanding is that with the automated upgrade system, if you do not pay by the time it goes live, your seats become up for grabs. But we haven't had a long enough history and enough stories since that system went online to really know for sure... but we do have a long history of the team not following its stated policy, so...

Edited by tshile

My bleeders are still online awaiting renewal. My account page has looked the same since February. I've had two reminder calls from the TO this month, one recorded and one live. My account rep sent me a handwritten greeting card last week. 

i have a silly question...

does anyone know where/when/how to find out the pricing of each game? I normally start selling my tickets now, or in may, and i have no idea what to tell people the games cost...

I am GUESSING that they would discount the preseason tickets by 50% and take the remaining costs and allocate them to the other 8 regular season games. This would increase the regular season games by 12.5%.

Doing this would make the preseason game 44.4% of the price of regular season tickets which is somewhat in alignment to what the prices are like on the secondary market for preseason games (though your mileage MAY vary).

Example: $100 old ticket price --- preseason now $50 and regular season now $112.50. ($50 / $112.5 = 44.4%)

In the worst case scenario, they could mark the preseason down to 0 and allocate the costs. If they did that, then the regular season games would go up by 25%.

Bottom line - regular season will probably see a bump around 10% - 20% per ticket.

Edited by MarkB452

That works both ways. Have to have skins fans willing to buy them. There are a lot of skins fans that only want tix if they are discounted.

False. You could sell them at a discount, give them away, or eat them. If you're going to sell them, sell them to a 'Skins fan.

If you don't want to go, why are you buying them in the first place?

False. You could sell them at a discount, give them away, or eat them. If you're going to sell them, sell them to a 'Skins fan.

I gave mine up last year.

Wait, so I'm supposed to give them away for free or eat them why?

Because you think I'm beholden to some standard of not selling them to someone who's not a redskins fan?

Yeah that's a riot. My tickets are going to the people willing to pay for them. The fact that few of those people are redskins fans is not my fault.

Can't wait for all the 'redskins fans' that refuse to buy tickets for face value ****ing about all the steelers fans in the stadium opening night.

eat them, give them away, or sell at a discount. hah. i'm sure that sounds great when it's not your money.

Wait, so I'm supposed to give them away for free or eat them why?

Because you think I'm beholden to some standard of not selling them to someone who's not a redskins fan?

Yeah that's a riot. My tickets are going to the people willing to pay for them. The fact that few of those people are redskins fans is not my fault.

Can't wait for all the 'redskins fans' that refuse to buy tickets for face value ****ing about all the steelers fans in the stadium opening night.

eat them, give them away, or sell at a discount. hah. i'm sure that sounds great when it's not your money.

I'd say we should move it here...http://es.redskins.com/topic/400704-keep-your-tickets/

but primer: Yes. It's a better option to give them away for free or eat them than let opposing fans in the stadium. If you let other fans in you're letting down the team and all the Redskins fans that have season tickets because you know... they want to go to the games.

If you don't want to go, why are you buying season tickets in the first place?

Again... should probably respond here:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/400704-keep-your-tickets/

• Like 1

Turtle, I agree with you that STHs should make as many games as possible, but I would think most of the people who are STHs that post on ES are relative diehards who probably do just that.  And if they can't go, I'm sure a fair number try to utilize the classified section on the board, where you have a pretty decent chance (though not foolproof) of the buyer being a Skins fan. I'd be curious to hear how successful people generally have been of selling tickets they can't use via the classified forum.

However, when you see opposing fans, I do think there are likely more seats in FedEx than you think that are bought by larger entities (non-individual). Those entities either give or sell tickets to employees, and they don't care who the person is a fan of.

Also, for this season, three of the eight regular season home games are night games. Granted, STHs should know from history that we have tended to have a good amount of home night games. In the instances where an STH can't make those games, I think night games are fairly difficult to find someone to buy them (in comparison to Sunday afternoon games).  Thus, someone trying to sell them is more likely to not be as choosy when selling.

I've been on the "waitlist" since the early part of 2013.  After I put myself on it, it took the season ticket office less than 48 hours to contact me asking if I was interested in premium or box seats which they had "readily available." ...

After not hearing anything after that, I got an email about six weeks ago saying it was almost time for me to come off the list and purchase tickets....

The waitlist very quickly became a "leads list" of emails for sales. Snyder picked up huge demand, added even more seats, chewed through his waitlist asset, and then it was done & seats started coming back out.

Really kind of sad to see The Big Jack shrink like that, but Snyder's Jack had become insanely overinflated. He put in more than 11,500 extra seats, but then, for three years, had fewer seats in the stadium than it originally had. Looks like the original number was about on the mark.

if they move back to DC, I hope they go smaller to get that exclusivity back up. And I still wish they'd have at least one preseason game in RFK, no matter how dumpy it is now (and it's pretty dumpy).

Turtle, I agree with you that STHs should make as many games as possible, but I would think most of the people who are STHs that post on ES are relative diehards who probably do just that.  And if they can't go, I'm sure a fair number try to utilize the classified section on the board, where you have a pretty decent chance (though not foolproof) of the buyer being a Skins fan. I'd be curious to hear how successful people generally have been of selling tickets they can't use via the classified forum.

A) However, when you see opposing fans, I do think there are likely more seats in FedEx than you think that are bought by larger entities (non-individual). Those entities either give or sell tickets to employees, and they don't care who the person is a fan of.

B)Also, for this season, three of the eight regular season home games are night games. Granted, STHs should know from history that we have tended to have a good amount of home night games. In the instances where an STH can't make those games, I think night games are fairly difficult to find someone to buy them (in comparison to Sunday afternoon games).  Thus, someone trying to sell them is more likely to not be as choosy when selling.

A) I don't doubt it. There are large patches in my prime location which have new people in them every week. The team should do something about it.

B) Night games suck, but they suck for opposing fans too.

I'd say we should move it here...http://es.redskins.com/topic/400704-keep-your-tickets/

but primer: Yes. It's a better option to give them away for free or eat them than let opposing fans in the stadium. If you let other fans in you're letting down the team and all the Redskins fans that have season tickets because you know... they want to go to the games.

If you don't want to go, why are you buying season tickets in the first place?

Again... should probably respond here:

turtle2328 has been on this quest since at least the Fan Forum to convince Redskins STHs and I think it makes no sense.   Yes, we'd all love to have the stadium 100% full of Redskins fans but that is entirely impractical for many reasons.  

""If you don't want to go, why are you buying season tickets in the first place?""   

I do want to go.   And I do go.    But every now and then, I can't go to a game.   First of all, I have a j.o.b job and work long hours and sometimes I can't make the prime time games.    Two years ago I got the flu and missed a game.   I shouldn't have tickets unless I can be 100% certain that I can make every game, every year??    Turtle, do you have season tickets?   If so, since when?   How many games have you missed?     I don't have kids, but people do.   Sometimes kids get sick.   Sometimes the babysitter bails the night before.   Whatever.   There are dozens of reasons STHs may have to get rid of their tickets for a game, not just because they "don't want to go."   

There are too many opposing fans because the stadium is too big, the stadium sucks, and the team has sucked for a while.  Yet, Dan Snyder makes a profit from the stadium being too big.   He makes more money than he would if the stadium were smaller.     You're asking me and tshile and other fans to take a financial loss to remedy a problem caused by Dan Snyder and the Redskins trying to make money?   Also, the team sells tickets on stubhub and other exchanges.   Do you get that?  There's no waiting list.  There are extra tickets every game.   The team sells tickets on the secondary market to anybody willing to pay.    But I'm supposed to eat my tickets?   To take 50 cents on the dollar to make sure a Redskins fan is in my seat?   The Redskins don't even do that!!!!!!

The thing is, you want people to sell tickets for half price or eat them rather than risk them falling into opposing hands, but you still have not proposed a way to make sure, 100% sure, that the person on the other end of a transaction is a Redskins fan, versus a Giants or Philly fan who happens to live in the area.   What's to keep that fan from joining some Redskins marketing list or whatever list you've proposed, so they can get discount tickets to the Redskins game when their team is in town every year.  If I post on stubhub, the person buying might be a Philly fan.   But they could also be a Redskins fan.   There's no way to know.   You're saying I should eat my tickets unless I know with 100% certainty that a Redskins buyer is on the other end?   What if it's 75%?    

Again, I would feel a lot better about your cause if the Redskins didn't charge us full price for preseason tickets.   Full price.   Full price for a game on a Wednesday in August at 7 PM to watch players who will very likely not be on the roster.   Full price.  Full price.  $50 parking.  

So no, thanks very much for your offer, but I will not be taking your suggestion of eating my tickets or donating them to charity if for some reason I can't make the game, which rarely happens.  Last game I missed was early 2014.   I'll first offer them to my Redskins friends, and I'll put them on classifieds here.   If that doesn't work, I'll be putting them on the secondary market.  I'm a diehard fan and a principled guy, but your principle makes no sense.          

turtle2328 has been on this quest since at least the Fan Forum to convince Redskins STHs and I think it makes no sense.   Yes, we'd all love to have the stadium 100% full of Redskins fans but that is entirely impractical for many reasons.  

""If you don't want to go, why are you buying season tickets in the first place?""   

I do want to go.   And I do go.    But every now and then, I can't go to a game.   First of all, I have a j.o.b job and work long hours and sometimes I can't make the prime time games.    Two years ago I got the flu and missed a game.   I shouldn't have tickets unless I can be 100% certain that I can make every game, every year??    Turtle, do you have season tickets?   If so, since when?   How many games have you missed?     I don't have kids, but people do.   Sometimes kids get sick.   Sometimes the babysitter bails the night before.   Whatever.   There are dozens of reasons STHs may have to get rid of their tickets for a game, not just because they "don't want to go."   

There are too many opposing fans because the stadium is too big, the stadium sucks, and the team has sucked for a while.  Yet, Dan Snyder makes a profit from the stadium being too big.   He makes more money than he would if the stadium were smaller.     You're asking me and tshile and other fans to take a financial loss to remedy a problem caused by Dan Snyder and the Redskins trying to make money?   Also, the team sells tickets on stubhub and other exchanges.   Do you get that?  There's no waiting list.  There are extra tickets every game.   The team sells tickets on the secondary market to anybody willing to pay.    But I'm supposed to eat my tickets?   To take 50 cents on the dollar to make sure a Redskins fan is in my seat?   The Redskins don't even do that!!!!!!

The thing is, you want people to sell tickets for half price or eat them rather than risk them falling into opposing hands, but you still have not proposed a way to make sure, 100% sure, that the person on the other end of a transaction is a Redskins fan, versus a Giants or Philly fan who happens to live in the area.   What's to keep that fan from joining some Redskins marketing list or whatever list you've proposed, so they can get discount tickets to the Redskins game when their team is in town every year.  If I post on stubhub, the person buying might be a Philly fan.   But they could also be a Redskins fan.   There's no way to know.   You're saying I should eat my tickets unless I know with 100% certainty that a Redskins buyer is on the other end?   What if it's 75%?    

Again, I would feel a lot better about your cause if the Redskins didn't charge us full price for preseason tickets.   Full price.   Full price for a game on a Wednesday in August at 7 PM to watch players who will very likely not be on the roster.   Full price.  Full price.  $50 parking.  

So no, thanks very much for your offer, but I will not be taking your suggestion of eating my tickets or donating them to charity if for some reason I can't make the game, which rarely happens.  Last game I missed was early 2014.   I'll first offer them to my Redskins friends, and I'll put them on classifieds here.   If that doesn't work, I'll be putting them on the secondary market.  I'm a diehard fan and a principled guy, but your principle makes no sense.          

Quote and response here:

So... i sent him an email... and he replied within 5 minutes with pricing.

But in true Redskins form, the numbers he gave me do not make any sense. So I'm seeking some clarification.

Gives me zero faith he's actually using real numbers....

Heyo, looks like he was looking at the wrong section. This pricing actually works out.

This is from a rep at the ticket office. I did not receive any sort of general guideline, and I only received pricing for my tickets. I also only received the dollar amount per ticket for preseason and regular season. I would think they picked a % and are using that across the board to differentiate between preseason/regular season, that would be what makes sense to me, but i am only guessing. I think you're going to have to contact the ticket office if you're actually curious about your specific tickets. According to my math, this price includes tax.

I have lower level 'corner' seats.

Preseason per seat price: $58.30

Regular season price: $135.30

The 2015 price per seat for this section was (including tax): $119.90

So now my preseason tickets are ~48% of what they used to be

And regular season tickets are ~112%

This is awesome, in my opinion. Before this preseason tickets were equal to 20% of your total season ticket package. Which means, if you were reselling and only selling for the face value, you were unable to resell 20% of the cost. There were games where I was lucky and got $60-70 for my preseason tickets because of the match up (luck vs griffin, steelers, manzeil's first season, etc) but for the most part I ate that 20% of the cost.

Preseason is now 9.7% of my ticket cost. If I can't resell them I'm not out nearly as much as before. And I think I'll be able to resell them for ~60 more often than not. If I can sell them for 30 then I'll only be out 5% of the total cost. Not to mention, the regular season tickets I sell, will give me more money.

Overall, this is a step in the right direction... I still think they ought to make preseason games not part of the season ticket package, make it a $5 ticket open to the general public, and pack the stadium and make money off concessions (and get more people to visit the team/stadium).

Edited by tshile