Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

...hard to believe they are giving waitlist people first dibs on lower level seating...not looking to upgrade myself (row 16 in 401), but I would be pissed if I were. BTW, I already did the season ticket holder survey. If I had not, I would have mentioned this for sure.

...hard to believe they are giving waitlist people first dibs on lower level seating...not looking to upgrade myself (row 16 in 401), but I would be pissed if I were. BTW, I already did the season ticket holder survey. If I had not, I would have mentioned this for sure.

I'm kinda pissed for the long time guys with lesser seats too.

Co-worker pulled the trigger. Dude got Section 104.  104. You kidding me?

From DC Sports Bog, April 16, 2015:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/04/16/fans-pepper-redskins-officials-with-comments-during-productive-forum/

Of course, this comes as fans continue to complain — both to the team and to the media — about other slights. One fan who canceled his tickets after the 2013 season recently sent me e-mails from the team, offering an upgrade from 400-level to 100-level seats, plus one season of free parking, if he buys back in. This issue has caused some consternation on the team message board, and it was brought up at the fan forum, with a customer asking how the team can tout its wait-list while offering desirable seats to someone who just bowed out.

“I get [angry] when they don’t treat loyal fans well by doing stuff like this,” said Brian, a 38-year old lifelong fan who would like to upgrade his six 400-level seats by moving down to the lower level. “Somebody off the street is just jumping ahead of me, someone who bailed. I’m not mad at anyone for bailing, but the team is rewarding someone who chose to bail, and we’re still sitting here.”

I would be interested in hearing the other guy's story, because now that you mention it there are two possibilities.  The first, and most likely, is that my father used to be a season ticket holder and we have the same first and last name, so they could think I am him (the tickets were also originally my great uncle's, who used to play for the Redskins so that could be it too.)  The second, is that when I originally got the phone call after putting myself on the list in 2013, I told them I was only interested in lower bowl and not the top level because I went with my dad and uncle (different uncle) to games for over a decade and was finished with the walk up to the 400 section.  I doubt they took the time to record that, but it's a possibility. 

I would be interested in hearing the other guy's story, because now that you mention it there are two possibilities.  The first, and most likely, is that my father used to be a season ticket holder and we have the same first and last name, so they could think I am him (the tickets were also originally my great uncle's, who used to play for the Redskins so that could be it too.)  The second, is that when I originally got the phone call after putting myself on the list in 2013, I told them I was only interested in lower bowl and not the top level because I went with my dad and uncle (different uncle) to games for over a decade and was finished with the walk up to the 400 section.  I doubt they took the time to record that, but it's a possibility. 

My co-worker didn't have such a story. He's just a guy that was on the list. He retold me how they offered him a block of 5... they only took 2 of those 5.

My co-worker didn't have such a story. He's just a guy that was on the list. He retold me how they offered him a block of 5... they only took 2 of those 5.

I have to be honest, I would feel a little guilty if I didn't attend all those games in the 400 level previously.  Also, I can understand offering the guy two seats that are together elsewhere, but offering him a block or five, instead of upgrading someone else?  That I don't understand.  

I just got an email from the Redskins on my alternate email for a "Memorial Ticket Special" for New Season Ticket buyers.  It offers a free $100 gift card for each season ticket purchased.  Out of curiosity, I followed the link to see what tickets they have available (since I am eagerly awaiting the upgrade period).  Was very surprised to see all of these seats available for NEW season ticket buyers (at least 2 to 4 seats available in each):

Section 401 Row 2

Section 454 Row 3

Section 105 Row 15

Section 117 Row 9

Section 138 Row 10

We've had season tickets in our family for 30+ years and they are inferior to what they are offering to any new buyer off the street.

Additional seat day is today. Unlike previous years, you had to call. Nothing in the sections I care about this year except OV. There were still a few lower bowl seats out there but nothing really choice.

A co-worker of mine called them and they offered him either section 139 row 7 or 104 row 1 or row 11. I think those are pretty darn good.

Just got an email to add seats. Followed the link looks like there is a decent amount of lower corner and endzone seats open.

Mine didn't have a link (or I missed it). The email said to call.

I'd have much preferred a link like in previous years or like the upgrade process.

I never even got a email ^^ last 2 posts

I didn't get the email,either.

I checked account, and there is an option to add seats. I clicked on it and got a message that "none were available", or something to that effect, (affect?)

I never even got a email ^^ last 2 posts

I didn't get the email,either.

I checked account, and there is an option to add seats. I clicked on it and got a message that "none were available", or something to that effect, (affect?)

just got an email saying the upgrade program begins next week.

my time window is 10 am on monday. either a lot of the people ahead of me died recently, they're only sending you an email before you window starts (and it started a while ago), or it's just another dead canary

my time window is 10 am on monday. either a lot of the people ahead of me died recently, they're only sending you an email before you window starts (and it started a while ago), or it's just another dead canary

Got no email. Think you're the first. They were selling add-on seats through this weekend only. How long have you had season tickets?

Got no email. Think you're the first. They were selling add-on seats through this weekend only. How long have you had season tickets?

Now I'm a bit worried.  No email for me and I've been a season ticket holder for 20+ years, pretty sure I was in the first group to upgrade last year.  Anyone else?

Tickets have been in my family since Griffith stadium, no email, yet

Well. if what tshile says is true - and I have no reason to not believe him/her - seems like the Skins are screwing the pooch again with regards to their veteran season ticket holder fan base.  Just when I thought they had turned the corner.  I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick that football that Lucy is holding....

No e-mail yet, however I logged into my account out of curiosity and the "upgrade" link is active.  When I click it, it tells me my seats are not eligible for upgrade until Thursday, June 9, at 10 AM.  I've been a ticket holder since 2005.

I almost certainly won't have anything to upgrade to as I'm now in 223 row 6 on the aisle closer to 222, but of course I'm always curious to see what's available when I can login.  For what it's worth as a story/strategy for other skins fans, I was able to upgrade last year to 220 rows 10/11 by splitting my 3 seats in the online upgrade process (2 and 1, different rows but they were very close in the same section) and the TO was able to re-consolidate them into 3 seats this year moving over to 223 (which I'm of course fine with, as it's equivalent distance from the 50).  For someone looking for a pair with an early upgrade date there should be a great pair available in 220/row 11 unless the TO has already sold those as extra seats to existing season ticket holders, which is very possible.  I mention this story mainly just to let people know that the TO MIGHT accommodate you if you do something like splitting your seats by helping the following year put them back together --- I think it was sort of a gamble but it worked out great and i'm obviously now totally thrilled with my location, so others may have some success replicating with similar moves.  The one problem I had last year was there were two games I could not attend and selling the single was very difficult, so I'm glad the 3 seats are back together. I did have to e-mail them several times this spring to make the request and the rep I was working with kept telling me nothing was available until last Monday when she said she'd relocated my seats, I presume it was because they were holding all seats hoping for more renewals until last week when they started with the "buy more seats" e-mails.

Anyway, good luck to all with upgrades, dbutz hopefully your seniority works out for you.