Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

18 hours ago, thebluefood said:

Thank ya! And since you were so nice in welcoming me, I figured I'd leave this:

*Hair on end shivers. Best day of my life and I don’t think I was in Istanbul for all but 14/15 hours or so if that. Couldn’t have hand written it any better. To go through that full gambit of emotions ..... what sports are ALL about. Memories and moments. 

Still by far and away the best and most powerful in our vast song book. 

And its ours! We adopted it first whatever you read on Celtic saying otherwise! ;)

Almost forgot  going back to Charlotte and @dchogs and @Long n Left

I don’t know if you guys caught it the ground but I LOVED the little kid doing the keepy-ups in front of our bench the second half. What a little star! And bless him but he suddenly went all ubber shy when Mane started talking to him and didn’t want to know any more haha.

He won’t ever forget that and the TV caught it perfectly. 

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

51 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

*Hair on end shivers. Best day of my life and I don’t think I was in Istanbul for all but 14/15 hours or so if that. Couldn’t have hand written it any better. To go through that full gambit of emotions ..... what sports are ALL about. Memories and moments. 

Still by far and away the best and most powerful in our vast song book. 

And its ours! We adopted it first whatever you read on Celtic saying otherwise! ;)

Yeah, when I started looking into Celtic FC's culture more, I found out "You'll Never Walk Alone" is one of their songs and I was like "isn't that Liverpool's thing?"

Especially since Garry and the Pacemakers were Liverpool all the way and the official music video has Liverpool imagery all over it.

Though I gotta admit - this is pretty damn cool, too.

• Thanks 1

Aside from having to break up the night and get up dead early, really looking forward to the City game tonight. And my eye to the bunkum that it ‘doesn’t matter’ with players missing both sides and it’s ‘just a pre-season exhibition’- When the top two sides the league and title favourites meet, off the back of City getting a complete arse kicking Europe, it MATTERS. Chance to lay down an early marker for either side. 

On the getting up at silly  o’clock thing, that’s what I love about these tours. Giving our phenomenal World wide support who make that sacrifice and dedication week in, week out a chance to do what those of us within the City take for granted. A chance to see the mighty Reds live and in person. The passion in Charlotte was just mad. 1,500 or singing and dancing along to Webster the Boss Night gig. (BIG kudos to L’pool, as in Kiev, for organising that and giving the support a superb evening back.) The TAW gig sold out and rocking. Everything you heard, read and saw was downtown Charlotte becoming the centre of the Liverpool Universe for a few days with most every place wall-to-wall red. And then 55 thousand or so tipping up the game Sunday. Compare that to City’s opener the ICC against Dortmund that didn’t even make the Chicago papers. 

Same as in Australia, the Far East, or whatever that summers money spinner is, the ridiculous passion and support those Country’s never fails to blow you away and remind you that there’s no bigger football club on the planet. Which after nigh on 3 decades without the title continues to pleasantly surprise you.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Reports are that White Caps are paying out a solidarity payment to Edmonton soccer club that had a hand in developing Alphonso Davies. 

Davies was just purchased this week by Bayern for $20M. 

If true, this could be the game changer for the American game. It changes the focus of American youth soccer from winning plastic trophies to making money from transfer fees.

• Like 1

Christ Jurgen mate let it go! By trying to do the right thing you’re doing totally the WRONG one by Karius. 

This is just cruel and absolutely needless to keep wheeling him out there. The lads mentally broken and it’s heart wrenching seeing him dismantle in front of our very eyes. 

Let a lad like Grabara play who needs it and who’d enjoy it. Not a lad with a completely kettled head who’s patently getting no pleasure from being in the public spotlight at all right now.

We have our goalie now. This torture on Karius is completely needless and not warranted.

Can’t get behind that at all.

Hail.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Christ Jurgen mate let it go! By trying to do the right thing you’re doing totally the WRONG one by Karius. 

This is just cruel and absolutely needless to keep wheeling him out there. The lads mentally broken and it’s heart wrenching seeing him dismantle in front of our very eyes. 

Let a lad like Grabara play who needs it and who’d enjoy it. Not a lad with a completely kettled head who’s patently getting no pleasure from being in the public spotlight at all right now.

We have our goalie now. This torture on Karius is completely needless and not warranted.

Can’t get behind that at all.

Hail.

WTF is up with Keita? Don’t see him on the sheet all..

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Webster’s face when he walks in:

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFC/status/1023088664652533760

Nobody like him ANYWHERE! Mad btard just fits this unique City with its unique football club and unique fan culture perfectly.

Hail.

That’s awesome! Unfortunately missed that, yesterday was quiet for me as I was tending to my daughter and her finishing up her registration at U of M. She was wiped out after three days, so we just chilled.

Was at an Irish pub Thursday evening, and met six other Liverpool supporters there, two of them Scousers, and one another Brit. After a couple hours, and a few pints, we were great friends, hugging and making plans to meet up this morning to start the goings on. That’s what has been so fabulous about this past week, all the new and old mates coming together as Reds. Love it!!

Up the mighty Reds!

Beat them ****ing Mancs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If we add, on top of already smashing this window, my long term mancrush Pulisic by the close of business a week Thursday I might just self combust in unadulterated ecstasy. 

Just for reference.

Hail.

Tbf I would like to point out that most of Liverpool's signings get that reaction, i.e that's what you tell all the girls. 

Edited by Berggy9598
  • Haha 1