Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

On 4/28/2018 at 11:17 AM, Thinking Skins said:

Not sure where to put this but Clinton Portis sounds a lot better on radio. I haven't seen him in preseason games since 2017 but he's patient, not taking over Smoot, who keeps interrupting him and talking a lot clearer than he used to. 

I agree.  Portis has even a little Cooley in him with his film study.  Whether he's right or wrong who knows but when Sheehan quizzed him on running backs, Portis could even cite specific games and specific plays off the top of his head.  I've never loved Smoot on the radio, seems like a lot of hot takes and rambling. 

I still find it funny who Sheehan loved to tout Cooley and Portis' film study prowess but then when neither agreed with him that Kerryon Johnson is the be all and end all -- Sheehan discounted both takes. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I agree.  Portis has even a little Cooley in him with his film study.  Whether he's right or wrong who knows but when Sheehan quizzed him on running backs, Portis could even cite specific games and specific plays off the top of his head.  I've never loved Smoot on the radio, seems like a lot of hot takes and rambling. 

I still find it funny who Sheehan loved to tout Cooley and Portis' film study prowess but then when neither agreed with him that Kerryon Johnson is the be all and end all -- Sheehan discounted both takes. 

He thinks he’s right on RBs and others over-think it.  

He might be right.  I used to really like Sheehan, and his day-long hosting of the Sean Taylor tragedy was really outstanding.  However he’s becoming something of an arrogant insufferable know-it-all, and he’s not right near enough to justify it. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He thinks he’s right on RBs and others over-think it.  

He might be right.  I used to really like Sheehan, and his day-long hosting of the Sean Taylor tragedy was really outstanding.  However he’s becoming something of an arrogant insufferable know-it-all, and he’s not right near enough to justify it. 

Yeah Sheehan is fun when he shares a take but when he's on the other side he can be insufferable.  I used to be a big Shanny fan and he would read my emails-tweets on air.  Then, when I fell off the Shanny bandwagon, Sheehan didn't enjoy my emails so much. :)

Yeah his confidence as to RBs is all about Clement from Wisconsin.  He liked him, Cooley was dismissive of it -- the Eagles signed him and now Sheehan thinks he should be scouting RBs :ols:  He's convinced Kerryon Johnson is the best back in the draft or at worst tied with Barkley. 

And while I don't mind him dismissing Cooley-Portis' take on Kerryon Johnson -- Sheehan sounds a bit hypocritical when he lionizes Cooley-Portis as really trusting their evaluation skills.  Next time he should say he trusts them when they agree with him otherwise they are dead wrong. :)

Edited by Skinsinparadise

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Must be a typo is the only thing i can think of. Also it’s february 3rd next year, not the 4th. Monday is the 4th 

See what I mean lol it dawned on me I was wrong when I said isn't the Super Bowl February 3rd LOL

21 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Figured everyone here would be talking about Josh Norman's Paso Doble, this evening.

Josh, please don't break a leg.

Oh yeah my mom is all giddy that he is on that show dancing and I told her it's not a good thing and she said you really hate that show that much LOL and I told her I don't mind watching to watch the ladies dance but having Norman in there dancing is a big risk, then you go on to say this hahaha

• Like 1

On Monday, May 07, 2018 at 8:37 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Figured everyone here would be talking about Josh Norman's Paso Doble, this evening.

Josh, please don't break a leg.

I just heard about this on a show called Redskins Nation 

So did he win first place or is that next week?

I might have to watch this unless it conflicts with NHL playoffs 

Does anybody else here realize how close we are to winning 13 games and the division... I picked up a one-week free trial of Game Pass and so far I have watched the Redskins Cowboys game in Washington the Redskins game in Seattle the Redskins game against the Vikings and the Saints game...and I believe we are real close to being a threat. The season couldn't start off with a better schedule I truly believe we can start 4 and 1 before we get into that tough stretch that starts against the Panthers.. if we can start off 4 and 1 and riding high before that stretch that starts with the Panthers I think we could go 2 and 2 through that stretch..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

There's optimism and then there's this...

It's 2:30 EST on a Wednesday.  Weather is nice and all but a little early to be this hammered.

Good god is everyone always hammered when they make a comment...go back and watch tape from this past year..we have a BETTER QB..our run defense has received a much needed upgrade and with guice and doctson is going to have an outstanding season leads me to believe we can win 13 games.. Plus my username should speak loud enough about what I prefer over drinking alcohol...

With all of the injuries last year, does anyone know if we brought back the same strength and conditioning team or anyone new? It seems that a lot of teams are very much into some of the holistic health approach (yoga, dietitians, etc.) these days. Do the Skins have anything like that on their staff? 

On 5/9/2018 at 6:39 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Good god is everyone always hammered when they make a comment...go back and watch tape from this past year..we have a BETTER QB..our run defense has received a much needed upgrade and with guice and doctson is going to have an outstanding season leads me to believe we can win 13 games.. Plus my username should speak loud enough about what I prefer over drinking alcohol...

I think the best bet you can make is on the Skins to win more than 5.5 games as some books have us at. That's easy money.

9 minutes ago, Rocky52Mc said:

I think the best bet you can make is on the Skins to win more than 5.5 games as some books have us at. That's easy money.

If I'm betting on the Redskins I'm betting for them to win it all and take it all..