Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Glad Brock got the pinfall and is staying with WWE.

Didn't like so many titles changing hands though. Wanted Alexa Bliss to retain hers, but Natty was long overdue for a title reign. 

New Day should have kept the tag team belts.

No reason to take belt away from Tozowa that quick and give back to Neville. Dude didn't even have it for a week. 

Edited by ksun247

1 hour ago, ksun247 said:

No reason to take belt away from Tozowa that quick and give back to Neville. 

THEY DID WHAT?!?!?!??! **** those mother****ers.

No but seriously, I youtubed Raw last night. It was the first time I'd ever seen that Tozowa cat but I was really happy for him when he won. He seemed genuinely emotional about it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Brock "The dullest man in WWE" Lesnar

He's definitely not that. Orton probably get that title.

I used to hate the Miz but he's really good now. He can work, he's great on the mic, he's always in great shape. Dude has it all except for whatever is that extra something that makes some guys connect and some guys not. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I used to hate the Miz but he's really good now. He can work, he's great on the mic, he's always in great shape. Dude has it all except for whatever is that extra something that makes some guys connect and some guys not. 

Miz is by far the best guy on the roster IMO. His problem is he's a utility player who is stuck in mid-xard purgatory because Vince is afraid to give him the top belt again. I know he can carry a main event feud.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:08 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I disagree.  He brings nothing to the table as a part-time player.  If I were WWE, I'd want the belt out there every Monday, whether the champ is fighting or not.  All he does is come out, bounce on his toes, clench his fists and put that stupid smirk on his face, while his fat, bald advocate spews the same lines over and over.  He's BORING (at least to me).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

I disagree.  He brings nothing to the table as a part-time player.  If I were WWE, I'd want the belt out there every Monday, whether the champ is fighting or not.  All he does is come out, bounce on his toes, clench his fists and put that stupid smirk on his face, while his fat, bald advocate spews the same lines over and over.  He's BORING (at least to me).

I knew where you were coming from. I don't have any affinity for the guy either. I just meant that he's not most dull in the sense of well, look at the guy. He's a different human being than the rest of us. Also add the legit background of UFC and NCAA champion. He's an attraction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I knew where you were coming from. I don't have any affinity for the guy either. I just meant that he's not most dull in the sense of well, look at the guy. He's a different human being than the rest of us. Also add the legit background of UFC and NCAA champion. He's an attraction.

I'll agree that Orton is dull also.

Well now Orton is totally dull. He's no better in the ring than say, R-Truth or Cody Rhodes. His physical appearance is nothing special once he got busted for juicing a couple of times. And he sucks on the mic. Listen to any interview he gives... same thing. Monotone word spew written by a 19 year-old, then when he wants a pop, say something louder but still monotone and right in the 19 year old wheelhouse...

"yada yada yadayadayada MAKE YOU MY ****!!! Yada yada." 

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 2

I finally got around to watching Summer Slam last night.  

Cena/Corbin - boring.  Of course Cena won.  

Natalia/Naomi - ok/slightly dull, I ended up fast forwarding til the end.  While Natalia deserves to hold the title, the womens division on RAW was actually great when Charlotte was there before the roster updates.  Now RAW womens is good/ok but boring at times and SmackDowns is good, but not great like RAW was.

Big Cass/Big Show - Big Yawn,  and this is coming from a Big Cass fan.  I did laugh when Enzo greased himself up and got out of the shark cage.  If they aren't careful, they are going to ruin and waste Cass.  It's like they want him to be solo and on the next level, but placed him in purgatory with an ongoing feud with Enzo and Show.  Personally, I think they turned him heal/solo too soon.  They should have kept him and Enzo together, have them win the tag team belts, only to have Enzo screw it up say in a PPV event and lose the belts.  Then the next night on RAW, they get their rematch, Enzo blows it again for them.  Cass gives him the big boot, turns heal and leaves him in the ring.  

Orton/Rusev - didn't watch, fast forwarded through the entire match.  Wasn't interested.  Orton won I see, great for Randy :)

Bliss/Banks - Good match, not as good as the feud with Banks/Charlotte, but not far behind.  Should see some good matches/feud between those two hopefully.

Demon/Bray - really good match, imo.  It's nice having Balor back healthy and in action and not pushing him towards the top so fast, but taking time.  Hopefully he won't get buried at midcard level though, don't think he will.  Think it's all about the timing with Brock being the Universal Champ and fighting/defending it from Joe/Braun/Reigns

Cesaro/Sheamus vs. 2/3 Shield - Great match, one of the best of the night.  Was awesome seeing Seth/Dean reunite to take the tag team belts.  Should be a good feud between the two teams and I'm waiting for Seth to screw Dean over again in the future.  It's got to happen right?  This won't happen, but it would be cool if somehow Dean talks Reigns into rejoining them and reforming the Shield.  Only for Seth to screw them over again, say at the end of a PPV and HHH returns at the end laughing with Seth.

Owens/AJ - another great match.  Fun to watch and Shane-O-Mack added to the match as special guest referee.  Was hoping for a Jericho return and interference, oh well, didn't happen.

Jinder/Nakamura - boring.  fast forwarded to the end.

Brock/Joe/Reigns/Braun - awesome match, best of the night.  I was hoping for Braun or Joe to pull out the win, specifically Braun as he is a local NC guy, grew up in a small town not far from Charlotte, NC.  Braun manhandled Brock and everyone.  Once they took Brock off in the stretcher, it was obvious that he was going to win the match, which made it a little frustrating to watch as it was a great match overall.  I know the way Brock's contract is structured they need to keep the belt on him, even as a part-time wrestler because he gets paid a **** ton and with no belt, it would just be regular matches (most likely) with no real impact as he's not on RAW wrestling weekly.  I think they should have let Braun win the match though.  Then they could have played up a Lesner/Joe match at No Mercy for the #1 contender and have Braun whip Reigns to retain the title.  Then at Hell in a Cell, have a Brock/Braun championship match.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 2

Can't believe nobody has talked about what happened last night. Cena cut the best promo I've seen since the CM Punk Pipebombs... This is the WWE You Tube version. Obviously they're still trying to protect Roman because they cut out a lot of good stuff.

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Bobby Heenan. 

He was a great "heel" manager, but he was also just flat out funny. I can remember back when I was in my late teens, working late. The USA Network showed a WWF program then before "Raw" was created called "Prime Time Wrestling" Mondays at 9pm.

They would repeat it at 1am on Wed. mornings. I use to get off work and watch that show. Heenan was so funny sometimes that even "Gorilla" Monsoon, who co-hosted the show and was supposed to be Heenan's "face" opposition, would be sitting there laughing at the things Heenan said.

I haven't watched wresting in years (and years), but I doubt there is another one like Bobby "the Brain" Heenan.

Edited by SkinsGuy

This is a long read but Terry Funk describes what the Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling was like when I was growing up. It especially singles out the Carolinas. On the same website it describes the history of the Mid Atlantic Championship belt.

I just saw the news about Bobby "The Brain" Heenan passing away. He was a legend.

http://www.midatlanticgateway.com/

Funk:    It was based on the talent and the promotion, to the means of getting to the towns right on down the line to the pay. I mean it was the cream of the crop that came to the Carolinas. And that’s for certain. Just the greatest bunch of wrestlers in the world. I mean, look back at it ... Steamboat, Flair, McDaniels; you go all the way back to Johnny Weaver and that bunch. And oh my God, the great tag teams like the Scotts and the Andersons! I mean, my God!

Funk:    You know, I’m going to tell you something David. The important thing about it is you’re bringing back memories before the WWE era…they are trying to purposefully eliminate all other things other than them.

Chappell:   They do have the WWE Network now, but certainly a lot of that’s gone on.

Funk:  They don’t even like using the names of the wrestlers from the past. They want everything different. They want to erase the past. And that was not a past that should be erased. Because it was what it was…I’m going to tell you something, it was the good times. And the good times for the fans. For us, for the wrestlers and for the fans, it was the good times.

Edited by Gallen5862