Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

• 2 weeks later...

So where's Adam Cole BEY BEY going to end up after Bullet Club just kicked him out & replaced him with the Villain at the end of his match War of the Worlds? I think I'd heard his contract was up with ROH. He's got NXT interest but he's also said he'd like to an angle with Kenny Omega for control of Bullet Club. 

On 5/15/2017 at 9:12 AM, justice98 said:

What do you think of this Randy Orton v indy wrestling thing?  

What is it? I'm not familiar.

On the subject of Randy Orton, he is the most overrated wrestler of all time. There's nothing special about the way he looks or wrestles and anytime he gets a microphone in his hands I cringe. They just decided he was going to be a main eventer for some reason and so he is. There's absolutely nothing about him that's better than say... Cody Rhodes or R Truth.

And who the hell is Jinder Mahal and why is he the world champion?

• 3 weeks later...

He's going to dump that chump of manager and join my stable of champions. First, he has to don a mask and change his name to El Pato. He's not above taking advantage of certain in ring opportunities if they should present themselves, is he? For example, if the referee has been temporarily blinded from errant salt or fire, how would he feel about his opponent suffering from a samurai sword to the femoral artery?

Post one of his matches 

On 5/15/2017 at 1:04 PM, TK said:

So where's Adam Cole BEY BEY going to end up after Bullet Club just kicked him out & replaced him with the Villain at the end of his match War of the Worlds? I think I'd heard his contract was up with ROH. He's got NXT interest but he's also said he'd like to an angle with Kenny Omega for control of Bullet Club. 

Looks like he's still in ROH

i like him but I could see him getting lost in the shuffle in WWE because he's pretty generic 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:12 AM, justice98 said:

What do you think of this Randy Orton v indy wrestling thing?  

He didn't write that whole Indy match "dive" thing, but he's one of, like, three active wrestlers who actually understands what heat is.

I don't even particularly like him, but I love any wrestler who works the marks.

And Indy fan boyz are about the biggest marks who ever marked.

Any of you guys tried the FITE app? They've got a lot of smaller promotion shows & PPVs on there. 

Russo's Rocky Mountain Pro is on there. I watched like 2 shows. It's so bad there should be a drinking game to go along with it. ROH has there weekly show on Monday night at 7pm live - replays on demand for free. ICW I kinda enjoy with the Irish accents on commentary & you get to see a lot of the guys that WWE signed for their U.K. Division. EVOLVE has PPVs on there for $15. There's a lot free content other then pro wrestling (MMA etc) on there to check out when you're bored. 

• Like 1

I still have a bunch of those magazines in a storage unit somewhere.  I couldn't tell you why I still do though.  They hipped me to a lot back when that was the only way for a kid to consume wrestling content that wasn't WWF or NWA/WCW on TBS.  

10 hours ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

He didn't write that whole Indy match "dive" thing, but he's one of, like, three active wrestlers who actually understands what heat is.

I don't even particularly like him, but I love any wrestler who works the marks.

And Indy fan boyz are about the biggest marks who ever marked.

I guess the question is, why was he trying to get heat as a babyface?

I just thought it was interesting since half the roster is former indy guys who take pride in and appreciate having worked the indys, for one reason or another.

To the shock of no one, I bought the Apter mags religiously  - Inside Wrestling, The Wrestler, and PWI to be exact.

The biggest problem with them was that they were about - oh - five months behind the product when they hit the stand. Like, you would get coverage of WrestleMania in August or September. That didn't mean as much when you were only watching your local territory, but in the mid 80s, it became a big problem.

World Class became impossible for them to cover, I think. Guys would be dead for months and still showing up in the Top Ten.

I still think the most Apter Mag Headline ever was "Gino Hernandez Dead, Chris Adams Blind: World Class in Turmoil."

They had to still kayfabe Gino blinding Chris after Gino OD'ed/was murdered by drug dealers.

In retrospect, I think the Napoliatono mags were better written, but Apter had the access and budget to get really amazing pictures. The pictures sold those things.

Bill Apter is currently a Chris Benoit truther fwiw.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I still have a bunch of those magazines in a storage unit somewhere.  I couldn't tell you why I still do though.  They hipped me to a lot back when that was the only way for a kid to consume wrestling content that wasn't WWF or NWA/WCW on TBS.  

I guess the question is, why was he trying to get heat as a babyface?

I just thought it was interesting since half the roster is former indy guys who take pride in and appreciate having worked the indys, for one reason or another.

I'm so out of touch with the WWE, I thought he was a heel.

Then he was just being an ass, I guess. It seems to be his thing.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think it's that he was murdered by Kevin Sullivan.

That's a fringe piece of it.

Apter's position is that he met Benoit and Benoit was a nice guy. Therefore, Benoit did not kill his family. Someone else did and made it look like Benoit did it.

He's just asking questions, man.