Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins are in a great position for a play off run

WamBlock

Although the Redskins record is 5-6, three of the 5 teams that are ahead of the Skins in the play off chase, Redskins own the Head to Head (Saints, Buccaneers and Vikings). All of them have hard schedules ahead of them.

We need Seattle or Chicago to lose 3, Vikings and Buccaneers to lose 2 and the Saints to lose 1 and for Giants to lose to us at home next week and lose another somewhere in their schedule and for the Redskins to run the table.

Redskins Schedule:

Washington Redskins - Giants, Ravens, Browns, Eagles and Cowboys

Other teams in contention schedules:

Seattle Seahawks - Dolphins, Bears, Cardinals, Bills, 49ers and Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Falcons, Broncos, Eagles, Saints, Rams and Falcons

Minnesota Vikings - Bears, Packers, Bears, Rams, Texans and Packers

New Orlean Saints - 49ers, Falcons, Giants, Buccaneers, Cowboys and Panthers

Chicago Bears - Vikings, Seahawks, Vikings, Packers, Cardinals and Lions

Other NFC East Schedules:

New York Giants - Packers, Redskins, Saints, Falcons, Ravens and Eagles

Dallas Cowboys - Eagles, Bengals, Steelers, Saints and Redskins

Best events for Week 12 to help us:

Chicago wins

Miami wins

Atlanta wins

San Francisco wins

Green Bay wins

Really would like to see the Giants lose to packers, makes the next Monday night game that more important.

I don't know about "great position". I'm not trying to be all doom and gloom, I loved watching the win this week, but having 8 wins at this point would put us in great position for the playoffs.

Right now we're mathematically in it provided a lot of things fall our way. With a rookie quarterback I'll take that.

We don't need to run the table. We do, however, need to win out in the NFCE and beat either the Browns or the Ravens, and the Giants to lose at least one more game than ours. If that happens, we'll win the division with a 5-1 division record.

^THIS^

I think our best chance of getting in is to win the division. Winning the division sounds like it should be harder than a wildcard spot, but there is a very real chance that NYG will lose to the Pack and in the last 3 meetings with the Giants, the Skinz have beaten them twice and went toe to toe with them in the 3rd game.

I think the Skinz are motivated, fired up and want a shot at redemption against the Giants and even if they don't pull off the victory or get in the playoffs, it feels good to be talking about meaningful games in November.

Hail.

If we go 5-1 in the NFC East, we will win the East and make the playoffs. Won't matter what happens with Cleveland or Baltimore. Giants could easily drop 4 or 5 of their next 5 games (packers, redskins, saints, falcons, ravens) and are about due for a horrible December. Would be nice to see Karma and universal justice show their faces this december and smash the giants that's for sure.

Great is a bit of an overstatement. If it wasn't for those losses against Cincinnati and St. Louis we'd be a in great position.

As it stands we have an outside shot if, and only if the Packers beat the Giants and we manage to beat the Giants the following Monday.

Washington's been too inconsistent to claim otherwise.

The game against the Giants is key.

Question: can anybody remember when the last time was that the 'Skins won 3 games in a row? It was the first set of games in 2008.

It's been a while since the 'Skins have put together a run of games like the one they will need to get into the playoffs. So color me cautiously optimistic, but wait and see.

Well, actually its not that bad right now. Considering the current position we're in, coupled with an opportunity to seize the division, look at the teams ahead of us in the WC race.

The Vikings and Bucs, who we've already beaten, who are statistically ahead but face hard games also, can easily drop 3-4 of their next games.

IF, we show up on MNF and handle the Giants, its ours to lose. OR WIN!

They are getting hot at the right time! Reminds me of the old Gibbs runs, sort of. Those teams won when it matters in November and December.

I hope they can win out, but part of me is still extremely wary about that defense. The defense will cost this team games.

To me it basically comes down to the Monday night game against the "little men". We win that one and look good doing it I think this team will have crazy confidence remaining for the last 4 games. Also tonight we will be able to see what type of team the Giants are. Remember last year this time no one in their right mind even thought these guys would endup playing and then winning the big one. If the Giants come out and beat GB and do so convincingly then I say we are in for a dog fight. With that secondary Rogers should be licking his fingers just like he would after a awesome fried chicken meal.

Great is a bit of an overstatement. If it wasn't for those losses against Cincinnati and St. Louis we'd be a in great position.

As it stands we have an outside shot if, and only if the Packers beat the Giants and we manage to beat the Giants the following Monday.

Washington's been too inconsistent to claim otherwise.

Amen, Laurent. Everything you said is "spot on." 1) Those losses against the Rams and CBengs are huge right now. 2) I'm willing to get ahead of myself AFTER the Packers beat the Giants (not before). 3) We've been completely inconsistent. We do, however, have a very bright future, which I am very excited about.

We HAVE to win against the Browns, Eagles and Cowboys.

We can split the next two.

If the Giants lose tonight, we can afford to lose to them and then beat the Ravens.

If the Giants win tonight, a loss to them would take away any legitimate shot we have.

I dont think we can rely on a wildcard birth at this point, but the division is up for grabs right now. I think we need to win 4 out of 5 to have a real chance, but it's possible. I dont see us beating Baltimore, we are not at that level yet defensively, but every other game is winable. The Carolina loss is looming right now, it took away any margin for error the rest of the way. Cleveland is a game team and we cannot take them lightly, come in with our "B" game and we likely loose, like we did with Carolina. Everyone else I dont see us not getting up for, even with the big victory over the Eagles.We have a shot. It's not a great one, and our defense has not been very good. But it seems to be getting a little better and in all honestly it doesnt need to be great, just average, to make us a dangerous team. Wouldnt it be nice to go from worst to first?

If we go 5-1 in the NFC East, we will win the East and make the playoffs. Won't matter what happens with Cleveland or Baitimore.

We can probably lose 1-2 games and still be OK. The biggest factor is that we can't afford to lose to the Giants. If we win next Monday, we are in good shape regardless of what happens against the Ravens. Also, beating the Giants may also allow us to win the division by splitting our other two division games.

The only thing I can't see is winning the division after losing to the Giants. Being two games down with four to play and not having the tie breaker would be next to impossible!

Simple as this. Win out the NFC East games and beat either the Ravens or Browns and we are in. Giants have 4 losses, soon to be 5 if the Pack beat them. And if we beat them, we're 6-6 tied for first. Giants December schedule is brutal and they could easily drop 2 of 3 there. Hell depending on what the rest of the division does, I wouldn't be shocked to see 8-8 win it.

Win the rest of the division games and we're golden...8-8 will win the East. However, the Skins will beat Cleveland and possibly Baltimore too. Here's how i see it playing out:

Giants W

Browns W

Ravens W

Eagles W

Cowboys L

9-7 final record....win the east on a tiebreaker over the Gnats....host Seattle in playoffs.

I see it more like this.

Giants-W... We are stoked.

Ravens-W...OMG, we're going to do this. The media is loving us.

Browns-L...Everyone is picking us to win. We should win. We show up flat. WTF. We have a whole week to be depressed and the anxiety builds.

Eagles-W....We bounce back and win.

Cowboys- W..In a must win game to win the division, we take care of business. In the first half though, Dallas is up by four points and we are sweating as Skin fans at half time. In the second half, the Skins get on a roll and take control of the game. We sweep the Boys and finally win the division.

I agree, forget wildcard. Too many teams to deal with and our division is weak enough for us to take it. It's either a home playoff game or no playoff game, because we definitely aren't getting in at 9-7...

Completey disagree...I think the 6th seed could very well be 9-7 in the NFC and our division winner may also very well be 9-7.

Archived