Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox News (and possibly other networks) air man committing suicide after police chase

Springfield

I think we should be hard on whatever news stations aired it. This is thousands of times worse than some nip slip during the Super Bowl. I'm not calling out Fox News specifically (I just saw it on FN) because I understand that other news outlets made the same mistake. Shep specifically was great.

Wow....Don't really know what to say about that. :rubeyes:

---------- Post added September-28th-2012 at 05:13 PM ----------

I think we should be hard on whatever news stations aired it. This is thousands of times worse than some nip slip during the Super Bowl. I'm not calling out Fox News specifically (I just saw it on FN) because I understand that other news outlets made the same mistake. Shep specifically was great.

I agree. Why is it ok to show this gruesomeness, & the gruesome things they do on shows like Bones, CSI & others, but a "wardrobe malfunction" is enough to bring in a new era of FCC regulations that makes shows bleep out words on reruns that they let go when it was originally aired, even on the same network.

I've always been confused as to why car chases are considered national news. I agree with Unforgiven too, if you're watching the chase you're probably wanting to see something bad.

Such is our society.

Yeah, I don't know why everyone watches

Jim Rome talks on his show about how the local LA News cuts into programming to report on car chases :ols:

Never got the cable news fascination with car chases. Then again I've rarely had cable news or watched it other than CNN.

Um, I thought protocol was to run those kinds of things on delay. The last police chase I watched they even mentioned that footage was on a delay in case anything like that happened.

Shep said that once he got out of the car, they switched to a 5 second delay. But someone on the production crew was slow on the dump button.

These networks broadcast these car chases for ratings and sadly for endings such as this one. I've caught myself rubbernecking when these"breaking news" car chases happen and if they end peacefully or without significant drama the anchors always seem a tad disappointed.

Btw, after viewing the beheading of Nick Berg in Iraq I've sadly become desensitized to anything else.

Agree, That was really bad. After viewing that, it takes a lot to make me squeamish.

These networks broadcast these car chases for ratings and sadly for endings such as this one. I've caught myself rubbernecking when these"breaking news" car chases happen and if they end peacefully or without significant drama the anchors always seem a tad disappointed.

Btw, after viewing the beheading of Nick Berg in Iraq I've sadly become desensitized to anything else.

Maybe it's my working with cadavers every week, but I feel like this video doesn't affect me as much as it should. and By that, it really didn't catch me off guard or anything.. It's a shame he took his own life, but this also shows what I hate about the media. We watch the news to find out what's going on around us, not to be protected like children.

Archived