Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Better DC Debut - Strasburg v RGIII?

Duckus

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Strasburg and RGIII have delivered the two of the most memorable DC athlete rookie debuts in modern history.

So simple question - who had a "better" DC debut to YOU - Strasburg or RGIII.

Strasburg - 14 strikeouts (team record), 0 walks, fastballs reaching 100 mph, absolutely power domination and an overall electrifying performance in-front for a sold out home crowd.

RGIII - 19/26, 320 yards, 2 TDs, 40 points and winning in the Super Dome.

I am really torn on this, but I got to go RGIII because of the competition. Strasburg dominated a terrible team at home - RGIII crushed the Saints in the Super Dome. So I got to go RGII, barely.

I voted Strasburg. He dominated an entire team and it was beautiful. And he's been consistent.

Football by nature is chaotic with ebbs and flows. A guy can rush for 200+ one week and only 60 yards the next. If RGIII continues the great play, then I'll know it was him and not a fluke.

I voted Strasburg. He dominated an entire team and it was beautiful. And he's been consistent.

Football by nature is chaotic with ebbs and flows. A guy can rush for 200+ one week and only 60 yards the next. If RGIII continues the great play, then I'll know it was him and not a fluke.

Nothing about his performance was a fluke

I voted Strasburg.

It was in DC. The whole country was watching that game and he delivered in a dominant fashion. Fastball was hitting 100 mph. NO walks. And the electricity in the stadium was off the charts.

RGIII had an incredible debut too, but the country sat down to watch Strasburg. IIRC, that game was broadcast on MLB network too.

I voted Strasburg.

It was in DC. The whole country was watching that game and he delivered in a dominant fashion. Fastball was hitting 100 mph. NO walks. And the electricity in the stadium was off the charts.

RGIII had an incredible debut too, but the country sat down to watch Strasburg. IIRC, that game was broadcast on MLB network too.

I'm willing to bet more people watched RG3 today than Strasburg that day.

I'm willing to bet more people watched RG3 today than Strasburg that day.

As he said, the game was nationally broadcast. There is a possibility that more people watched that than a regional. However, many people sit and watch a 1pm sunday game regardless of who is on (not even their team) just because it's football.

Strasburg probably had a better performance. His was flat out domination. RG3, maybe due to game plan, didn't seem to do as much in the 2nd half compared to the first. However, I don't watch as much baseball, and I'd be willing to bet on a football message board, more people (like myself) will vote for RG3 regardless, haha!

19/26 73% 320yards 2TD 0Int 139.9QBR

That an insanely good stat line.

And 14 K's and 0 walks isn't? Lol.

That said RGII because he was on the road against a good team. The Pirates sucked that year.

Better question in 4 months will be who had the better rookie year: Alex Ovechkin or RGIII?

RGIII will win because it's a Skins board and because people live in the moment.

And 14 K's and 0 walks isn't? Lol.

That said RGII because he was on the road against a good team. The Pirates sucked that year.

Better question in 4 months will be who had the better rookie year: Alex Ovechkin or RGIII?

RGIII will win because it's a Skins board and because people live in the moment.

Depends how the rest of the season goes for RG3. Will he have a Cam Newton type year? I doubt it. But he could still have a very good season.

He's the only rookie to ever throw for over 300 yds, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs in their debut.

Here's a question, if RG3 somehow gets us to the playoffs, will they automatically make it a better rookie year than Stras or Ovie?

Depends how the rest of the season goes for RG3. Will he have a Cam Newton type year? I doubt it. But he could still have a very good season.

He's the only rookie to ever throw for over 300 yds, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs in their debut.

Here's a question, if RG3 somehow gets us to the playoffs, will they automatically make it a better rookie year than Stras or Ovie?

Oops lol, I meant RGIII will win this specific poll because people live in the moment. As for OV or RGIII, RGIII would have to finish as a top 10 player in the NFL to match Ovechkin's rookie year.

No, it wouldn't IMO. That would mean the Redskins as a whole were pretty good. But Stras also was shut down early in his rookie year. Ovechkin was drafted onto the worst team in the league so not a fair comparison.

Archived