Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have Kidney Stones!!! (OUCH!)

Reic

Well, Wednesday night I was rushed to the E.R. with EXTREME pain. Pain to the point I was throwing up. I was told I have a kidney stone in the process of passing with two more in formation.

The pain in my back has subdued since Thursday, it's not completely gone, but I can deal with it without my narcotics. 3 Kidney stones at once, hoo****ingray.

Anyone else have or had them? I know they are common, but I have not captured any in my little strainer thing yet and I am pissing like a pregnant woman. I just want to know how long it usually takes to pass these things.

Worse. Pain. Ever.

I've had them twice, the 1st time they had to go in and get them (use your imagination)

The second time they passed, took 5 days to flush all the little ****s out.

The first time the nurse was kind enough to inform me that for a male the pain was as close to child birth as I would ever get.

I feel for you.

I dont drink ice tea hardly ever. I do drink a lot of beer though, im sure that didn't help much. I live with exercise science majors so we drink a lot of water and eat fairly healthy. Once i get these suckers out I will have them biopsied to see what I need to cut out of my diet, or reduce.

TWA, you would notice, haha.

It began Tuesday while I was at work. I had back pain and equated it to a muscle strain. The pain went away Tuesday night and returned wednesday morning with a vengence. I could hardly move, and I threw up a little (which is when I began thinking kidney issues). The pain subdued again and I was able to drive from Va Beach to Richmond with no pain at all. My sister was driving us to my grandmas and the pain began once we got to South Hill. Just discomfort again, nothing big until I reached my grandmas, which is when the pain led to be throwing up again. My mom offered to take me to the E.R. but I declined, figuring it was just a muscle or nerve but I told myself if I threw up again I would go. Low and behold the pain came back and I threw up again and told my mom to take me. The drive there was 20 mins long but seemed like an enternity, every bump in the road made it worse and every red light seemed to take 2 hours, this on top of focusing on not puking all over my grandma's car.

Got to the E.R. and filled out the paperwork as fast as I could and just left my id and insurance card with the nurse and ran to throw up again. Got into the E.R. got CT scans and an injection f of Dilaudid and was feeling nothing after 5 mins, it was wonderful.

Been drinking water like crazy, but it sucks feeling my kidney 24/7

Wednesday night was the worst pain in my life, and it sucks knowing I have to feel it again

I want to know how the hell any one person can compare the two.

I dunno man but that is the only thing that people I have talked to have equated it to. But now I know I won't let my wife talk **** if she tells me I have no idea the pain she is in during labor :P (if I ever have a wife)

I want to know how the hell any one person can compare the two.

That is the comparison used by doctors most of the time. Renal colic is terrible, most people fall to the ground screaming not able to get back up on their feet without a painkiller.

I took my dad to the hospital not too long ago. I thought he was going to die. He had gone completely white and was moaning in pain the whole way there. Turned out to be a kidney stone and I stayed there with him while he passed it. I actually took a picture of him sitting in a hospital gown with his ass out while he's moaning. I know it sucked at the time and I was scared ****less at first but it's something to laugh about now. Hang in there man. This too shall pass.

Henry's got it right. 14 sounds accurate.

****ers are awful. I had two of them a couple of years ago, and consequently cut out almost anything that isn't water from my diet. Nothing like that kind of pain to make you make adjustments. I also have taken Calcium supplements (which seems counter-intuitive) that seem to work really well as well. Haven't had any problems in, well, I guess it's been 3.5 years now.

Yeah, the pain is terrible. I first knew something was up when I noticed blood in my urine (no pain at that point). I went to the doctor and had a kidney stone diagnosed. Later came the pain. I was up all night one night with it. I went to the doctor the next morning and they gave me a prescription for pain meds and told me that next time if the pain is that bad I should go to the ER and get a shot of morphine. I'm thinking, it'll be really hard to drive all doped up on morphine, and one of the reasons I didn't want to go to the ER in the first place is that if my wife had to take me, that would mean waking up the kids in the middle of the night and screwing up their sleep schedule. So I endured. Fortunately I never had another bout of pain that was quite that bad and it eventually passed.

Did they ask you to drink a lot of cranberry juice?

They said water or cranberry juice. I have been drinking water like its my job. On the bright side, this is the most hydrated I have ever been in my life.

China, I have not had any pain close to last Wednesday, so I am hopeful it will be like your experience. I really want to catch one of the little ****s, though.

This is now what the thread makes me think of

Archived