Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I have Kidney Stones!!! (OUCH!)

Reic

I want to know how the hell any one person can compare the two.

Well, women can get kidney stones. My mother-in-law had one a few years ago and she confirmed that the pain level is pretty close.

I've never had any kidney stones. So how do you avoid them? By some of the comments it sounds like drinking a lot of water. Anything else?

Water helps, but my doctor told me sometimes it's just luck. My daily intake of water has always been much higher than the average person. And that didn't help me.

Family History plays a factor too. My grandma and grandpa had them but my uncle and dad never did. Guess I am the lucky generation

The actual "passing" isn't really painful at all but that depends on the size of the stone. For me it was the internal travel that was the worst. When the stones actually came out I never felt a thing.

I've had knee and hernia surgery(scrotal) and neither come close to kidney stones. I was told it was the closest a man can feel to having a baby. I tell women all the time, "If that is true then you can have that". I thought I was checking out. The second time I knew immediately.

Archived