Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh no he didnt! Portis on Vick. "I always root for Michael Vick....even when we play him."

Mad Mike

WTF?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/09/clinton_portis_on_wrist_sunday.html

Holden Kushner asked Portis if he roots for Michael Vick (Dan Steinberg has more from Donovan McNabb and Portis here): "I always root for Michael Vick....even when we play him. It's the excitement level he gonna bring to the game. ... after everyone threw him under the bus and wanted to take everything from him and crucify...I don't think his play ever changed. He got into an unfortunate situation off the field. You see now why he was regarded as the football player he was regarded as."

I know I'll get at least a dozen responses saying I'm over reacting and a "hater". But how the hell do you say you root for your opponent during a game? Even if he was just exaggerating to make a point... Wow.

Whay to show that team spirit bro. :doh:

CP tends to speak before he thinks, but i don't believe he means "root for" in same way a fan would, say "root for the Redskins." He's saying he will always root for Vick on a personal level after what he's been through. Now, you can debate whether that's good or bad. But I don't think he's saying "I'll be standing on the sidelines when Vick has the ball and hoping he makes really great plays!"

May 2007

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not, but it's his property, it's his dog," Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis told WAVY-TV in Virginia. "If that's what he wants to do, do it. I think people should mind their business."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2878099

Yea.

That's why he is invited on so many shows.

Really tired of All the Drama Queens on the team and glad they will all be gone next year, hopefully the team will be a little younger and hungry like London Fletcher who makes his comments on the field, The guy is an absolute poster boy of a Professional football player.

Meh.

I think he's just saying he's happy for Vick. He didn't say he's rooting for him to beat us, he's just rooting for his 'second chance' that is going well. You don't have to say publicly that you want a guy to have a bad game when he's playing you. Sure you want that, but it would be a rude thing to say.

What happened to the good ole days of players hating their opponents... or at least pretending they do. That's one of the reasons why I like Orakpo or Cooley. They understand the idea of team and rivalry.

...and while I support giving Vick or anyone a second chance, why this guy? Guy was involved in a pretty cruel and gruesome sport. Now, he did his time and deserves his second chance, but I'd hardly always be cheering for this guy. So, many more guys more worthy of that kind of adoration who bring equal excitement.

Maybe it's comments like this that explains why he's so willing to take a dive. :evilg:

Archived