Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh no he didnt! Portis on Vick. "I always root for Michael Vick....even when we play him."

Mad Mike

Your love for something might be different to someone else and that doesn't mean they should conform to your idealism.

There are humans in this world who eat dogs and cats for lunch.

There are humans in this world that would eat your for lunch. What is your point? Should our social standards should only be applied if the rest of the world also happens to agree with them?

Portis shouldn't run his mouth like that in front of the media, he better focus on his game. I think ultimately he is an Idiot, how can you root for your opponent and a guy who killed dogs by drowning and hanging ? :pooh::anon:

He is probably seeking a contract with the eagles.

I wanna know what happened to all those CP supporters who were calling for a 1200+ yard season and that we would see a rejuvenated CP this year. Pretty sure there were a couple insiders in that group. Im not going to start a "I told you so thread" like someone else would, but damn. There is one thing I have learned about RB's in this league. Very few, if any veteran backs that have serious mileage/carries return to their prior form, regardless of system. Portis is, and has been done in my opinion. He talked a good talk and walked a good walk this off-season but his play on the field is not backing it up. I love and respect him for everything he has done for this franchise, but his play no longer gains him a pass for his mouth.

I'm starting to see why alot of other teams fans hate us, i see alot of people trying to force there views on others, Portis stands up for his friend and gets crucified for it. That is sad and i seen dog fighting vids, lets just say im more of a people person.

Your love for something might be different to someone else and that doesn't mean they should conform to your idealism.

And, that's illegal in the US. Last time I checked, Mr. Vick was a US citizen living in a state of the United States...and he broke the law.

Forget my idealism...it's the LAW.

Participating in our society means you follow the law.

To do otherwise is criminal.

But, then again, you probably think breaking the law is a good thing, eh?

I'm starting to see why alot of other teams fans hate us, i see alot of people trying to force there views on others, Portis stands up for his friend and gets crucified for it. That is sad and i seen dog fighting vids, lets just say im more of a people person.

Ok, so let me get this straight: You're okay with dog fighting? Electrocution of dogs as sport?

Please try to think before you post.

I can see where Portis is coming from. Vick is definitely an exciting player to watch, much like Devin Hester in his heyday or Troy Polamalu, and he's the only effective dual threat quarterback in the league. Regardless of what he did, the fact that no one expected him to make a comeback makes his game that much more compelling.

Ok, so let me get this straight: You're okay with dog fighting? Electrocution of dogs as sport?

Please try to think before you post.

Would you be happier if Vick goes BACK to prison and throw Portis in for good measure, I'm saying Vick paid his due to society let the man breath and god forbid Portis not want to see him get hurt, how many more stones you got to throw?

Did you really just post that???? There is a huge difference in killing an animal for food and killing an animal that no longer brings you financial gains through fighting, which you have raised/forced it to do.

There are humans in this world that would eat your for lunch. What is your point? Should our social standards should only be applied if the rest of the world also happens to agree with them?

Isn't that the same thing tr1 is saying? Trying to apply his social standards on the rest of us? My point is don't force me to hate someone based on what they did. Everyone makes a mistake once, but that doesn't mean they are a bad person.He has paid for his bad behavior set up by social standards. What CP said is nothing to get your underwear in a bunch. Time to move on.

And, that's illegal in the US. Last time I checked, Mr. Vick was a US citizen living in a state of the United States...and he broke the law.

Forget my idealism...it's the LAW.

Participating in our society means you follow the law.

To do otherwise is criminal.

But, then again, you probably think breaking the law is a good thing, eh?

The post I quoted of yours didn't say anything about the law. You were forcing people to hate someone. Is that the law too in this country?

Would you be happier if Vick goes BACK to prison and throw Portis in for good measure, I'm saying Vick paid his due to society let the man breath and god forbid Portis not want to see him get hurt, how many more stones you got to throw?

No doubt that Vick paid his debt to society and deserves his chance to play in the league. But his time in prison doesn't excuse what he did. This turned into an argument of morals when it should have been an argument on whether CP is an idiot or not for saying he roots for Vick whether we are playing him or not. I personally think he is a complete idiot for his comments. I mean how many times is this guy gonna say something that is not only unnecessary, but totally ****ing stupid and get away with it.

Isn't that the same thing tr1 is saying? Trying to apply his social standards on the rest of us? My point is don't force me to hate someone based on what they did. Everyone makes a mistake once, but that doesn't mean they are a bad person.He has paid for his bad behavior set up by social standards. What CP said is nothing to get your underwear in a bunch. Time to move on.

My social standard has nothing to do with anything. Mr. Vick broke the law. He did his time...and, that's fine.

But, for CP to condone his illegal behavior is just plain wrong.

I'd hope you'd agree.

The post I quoted of yours didn't say anything about the law. You were forcing people to hate someone. Is that the law too in this country?

Dude, Vick did his time. I'm okay with that. Do I feel any differently about his past behavior? No. Was it despicable? Yes.

Do I have to like Mr. Vick now?

No.

And, I don't have to like anyone who thinks what he did was okay. Especially a player on a team I root for.

If you ever get a chance, take a look at some dog fighting film.

Then, tell us what you think about a guy who'd let that happen at his house.

I've seen dogfighting with my own eyes. So what! Big deal! Everyone from FOX to CBS to the Atlanta Falcolns condemned Michael Vick for being involved in that dogfighting. Pitbulls aren't even registered in the American Kennel Club because they until this day have a bad rep. Yet everyone from Jimmy Johnson to Howie Long who said Vick was wrong for what he did more than likely does not even own a pit bull.

How did this become about animals? Are we still bashing and fussing with Vick over the dog fighting incident? In a country where hunting and killing animals is a sport?? :ols:

Hunting and dog fighting are just a wee bit different.

One is a legal activity...the other is not.

I've seen dogfighting with my own eyes. So what! Big deal! Everyone from FOX to CBS to the Atlanta Falcolns condemned Michael Vick for being involved in that dogfighting. Pitbulls aren't even registered in the American Kennel Club because they until this day have a bad rep. Yet everyone from Jimmy Johnson to Howie Long who said Vick was wrong for what he did more than likely does not even own a pit bull.

Wow.

My social standard has nothing to do with anything. Mr. Vick broke the law. He did his time...and, that's fine.

But, for CP to condone his illegal behavior is just plain wrong.

I'd hope you'd agree.

I just went back and re-read what CP said. I still don't see where CP is saying what you are saying. Can you please highlight that?

I agree.

It's true that it's really all about social standards. Dogfighting is only a few steps below bull fighting, but that's far more socially accepted. This is partially due to a lot of us seeing a side of beef instead of a bull. I know there are people opposed to both and those that are opposed to neither. I'm not affected in the slightest by seeing a bull being stuck full of lances, but seeing dogs being abused makes me sick to my stomach.

Some people will more readily forgive Vick because that didn't have as strong of a moral or emotional response to dogfighting. Watching dogfighting is makes me sick, but I believe Vick more than made up for it.

Why is Clinton Portis allowed to talk, really?

When he opened his mouth about Vick back

in the day, I said ok buddy you better not say

anything else or your going to just sound like an

idiot. And what does he do, say about 10 to 15

more obserd* things in less than a 5 year period.

Clinton everytime ppl lose ounces of respect for you

for making these stupid comments. Now your falling

down on a run, that running 100% would of got you a td.

But you took the easy way out. Cmon dawg get it together

Hunting and dog fighting are just a wee bit different.

One is a legal activity...the other is not.

So if dog fighting is legal in a certain country...does it make it okay because it's not illegal??

Hunting and killing animals is hunting and killing animals as far as I'm concerned, but I may differ with others in that respect

What is comes down to, and often has on this board, is that some people will support certain players on this team even when they go against what is good for the team. Even when they go against what is morally right for human beings (though that is debatable for different people with different ideals). I personally refuse to defend a person who says or does the wrong thing. If they make a play on the field I will cheer, but I cheer for the Redskins. Not for the individual. Not that CP has ever done anything that bad. I am just saying that in general I refuse to stick my neck out and defend someone who is in the wrong. But, that is JMO. And you know what they say about opinions. :cheers:

I just went back and re-read what CP said. I still don't see where CP is saying what you are saying. Can you please highlight that?

There's another CP quote in the thread...about Vick's personal business on his personal property.

Sounds like he condoned the activity.

Dude, Vick did his time. I'm okay with that. Do I feel any differently about his past behavior? No. Was it despicable? Yes.

Do I have to like Mr. Vick now?

No.

And, I don't have to like anyone who thinks what he did was okay. Especially a player on a team I root for.

Ok i get it. You don't like him. But don't tell me to hate someone for one bad act or lapse in judgment. Even the guy up in the sky is forgiving. Or at least that is what we are told. :)

Archived