Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh no he didnt! Portis on Vick. "I always root for Michael Vick....even when we play him."

Mad Mike

So if dog fighting is legal in a certain country...does it make it okay because it's not illegal??

Hunting and killing animals is hunting and killing animals as far as I'm concerned, but I may differ with others in that respect

Dude, Vick broke the law. Dog fighting is despicable and illegal in the US. If dog fighting is legal in other countries, then they have a long ways to go in my opinion.

As for hunting, I think a lot of hunters would take issue with you equating dog fighting with hunting. Hunters, as a rule, respect their quarry...they don't electrocute them for poor performance.

There's another CP quote in the thread...about Vick's personal business on his personal property.

Sounds like he condoned the activity.

Well everyone knows CP isn't the brightest bulb when it comes to public statements. Clearly, he's of the mindset that dogs are property and little more, which is not all that uncommon. You can certainly have a beef with him on this basis.

However, I don't think someone should be criticized for condoning illegal activity purely because it's illegal. Laws are not a moral authority.

Wow.

Clinton said nothing wrong. Everybody unleashed on Vick simply because he was a sucessful NFL ICON. But those who criticize Vick or put him down act like they've never did anything wrong in their lives. In my opinion, if there's something wrong with dogfighting then there's something wrong with boxing since many fighters/boxers have died in the ring. To me, Vick did nothig wrong anway.

There's another CP quote in the thread...about Vick's personal business on his personal property.

Sounds like he condoned the activity.

Are you talking about what CP said back in 2007? My whole bit here is that in the OP CP doesn't say that and the OP is making a big deal or reading way too much in the past and putting words in CP's mouth.

However, I don't think someone should be criticized for condoning illegal activity purely because it's illegal. Laws are not a moral authority.

Well, we could go into philosophy...however, since we live in the US and live in states, and each of these jurisdictions have laws...well, when we break one of these laws, we have to be prepared for the consequences.

Because, that's just how it works!

If you want to go to the moral authority, I'd like you to name one that allows for dog fighting and dog electrocution.

Ghandi? Jesus? Maybe, Muhammad?

and to concern the dogfighting. Sad to say but that goes on in alot of trashy ares throught the country. Vick treated it like a business move, prolly got persuaded by an old freind to open up a ranch and fund it. Vick "helped a dude out" and very quickly got his money back.However he wasn't too quick to kill the golden goose. But Who goes to jail when a Big operation goes down, The man in charge. And CP is just a customer in the game. Said "hes seen a few dogfights in my day" .(moron) He prolly still gets fond child hood memories seeing that awful tragedy. And he was just trying to defend his boy by any stupid thing he could say. Like dont talk bad about your drug dealer kinda thing. I really could be lunchin out, But I think Mike Vick is a living American Gangster. Like boss status. That my cue. Gnite ES

if there's something wrong with dogfighting then there's something wrong with boxing since many fighters/boxers have died in the ring.

Wow. I don't even greatly dislike Vick, and I think this is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever read.

I literally don't even know where to start.

How about, athletes who box, do so by choice? They put themselves in that position to be injured? And aren't trained to kill each other, or be killed.

If you want to compare dog-fighting to humans fighting for sport, you're talking about friggin gladiators. Maybe you noticed...but you don't see much of that around anymore.

lol it shows

Dude, you said I needed to like someone because they did their time.

And, in Mr. Vick's case, no, I don't.

Especially because of his public stature...and, because I think dog fighting and electrocuting dogs is basically immoral.

But, that's just me.

Especially because of his public stature...and, because I think dog fighting and electrocuting dogs is basically immoral.

But, that's just me.

tr1 I know we can agree on one thing: Let's just see what our D can do to Vick on Sunday. :)

and to concern the dogfighting. Sad to say but that goes on in alot of trashy ares throught the country. Vick treated it like a business move, prolly got persuaded by an old freind to open up a ranch and fund it. Vick "helped a dude out" and very quickly got his money back.However he wasn't too quick to kill the golden goose. But Who goes to jail when a Big operation goes down, The man in charge. And CP is just a customer in the game. Said "hes seen a few dogfights in my day" .(moron) He prolly still gets fond child hood memories seeing that awful tragedy. And he was just trying to defend his boy by any stupid thing he could say. Like dont talk bad about your drug dealer kinda thing. I really could be lunchin out, But I think Mike Vick is a living American Gangster. Like boss status. That my cue. Gnite ES

I don't know whether you're hilarious, racist, or just live in a world of stereotypes, but no matter how you slice it, this is funny.

But, that's just me.

I meant your personal vendetta against Portis, if Vick electrocuted my puppy i might be mad at him forever to

Dude, Vick broke the law. Dog fighting is despicable and illegal in the US. If dog fighting is legal in other countries, then they have a long ways to go in my opinion.

As for hunting, I think a lot of hunters would take issue with you equating dog fighting with hunting. Hunters, as a rule, respect their quarry...they don't electrocute them for poor performance.

:ols:

Sorry friend but this is nothing but convenient thinking. I understand dogs are seen as favorites in our beloved country...but if you wanna talk about animals...hunting is not that less cruel than dog fighting

First you say one is illegal and one is not. Now you're saying any country that allows dog fighting has a long way to go

What I am asking you is...what right do many people in this country have to go out and shoot or kill random innocent animals in the woods?? Because they're not dogs? So it's okay to shoot all those other animals in the wild, minding their business...just because some people think it's okay or a tradition?? :ols:

Again if you're gonna make it seem as if hunting is any more respectable...then I think you have a hard time making that argument. In fact, I think you should go protest Sarah Palin :ols: :ols:. Then go to other towns and tell them to stop hunting and killing random animals for fun or tradition

I meant your personal vendetta against Portis, if Vick electrocuted my puppy i might be mad at him forever to

Frankly, I'm done with Portis.

He's been a pain in the rear since Gibbs II.

And, since he's been using two arms to protect the ball (after a bout of fumlitis under Gibbs II), he's just not a good runner anymore.

Besides, I'd prefer my football players to play football and shut up.

:ols:

Sorry friend but this is nothing but convenient thinking. I understand dogs are seen as favorites in our beloved country...but if you wanna talk about animals...hunting is not that less cruel than dog fighting

First you say one is illegal and one is not. Now you're saying any country that allows dog fighting has a long way to go

What I am asking you is...what right do many people in this country have to go out and shoot or kill random innocent animals in the woods?? Because they're not dogs? So it's okay to shoot all those other animals in the wild, minding their business...just because some people think it's okay or a tradition?? :ols:

Again if you're gonna make it seem as if hunting is any more respectable...then I think you have a hard time making that argument. In fact, I think you should go protest Sarah Palin :ols: :ols:. Then go to other towns and tell them to stop hunting and killing random animals for fun or tradition

Good points. Vick screwed up. Vick should have taken out his shotgun and said it is dog season. Then tr1 would say that is legal. Vick was just hunting dogs. And hunting is legal. :silly:

Wow. I don't even greatly dislike Vick, and I think this is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever read.

I literally don't even know where to start.

How about, athletes who box, do so by choice? They put themselves in that position to be injured? And aren't trained to kill each other, or be killed.

If you want to compare dog-fighting to humans fighting for sport, you're talking about friggin gladiators. Maybe you noticed...but you don't see much of that around anymore.

Dude, my point is not if people do it by choice. Fighting is fighting. It's violence. A lot of people dislike violence. Period. But when an NFL star is involved with a pitbull dogfight business, then he's wrong. And he shouldn't be.

Dude, I haven't expressed a like or dislike for hunting. Don't put words in my mouth.

Simply, hunting is a legal activity. Dog fighting is not.

That's all I've said.

BTW, for the record, I like hamburgers.

Archived