Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh no he didnt! Portis on Vick. "I always root for Michael Vick....even when we play him."

Mad Mike

Easy there bro. You are in the right in this debate. Don't get yourself banned for how you say it.

Thanks dude! I just have a soft spot b/c I've personally worked with "dangerous" dogs like Pitts, Rottweillers, etc...I have a soft spot for them, and it's hard enough trying to prove to the world that these dogs aren't vicious killers; people like jroc and redskins4ever make this hard.

Wow.. I have to agree. You can't be a human being and literally throw your family pet into a dog fighting ring of your own making. Vick would have been in jail a lot longer if he was just some "redneck" bumpkin from the back woods!! If you can throw your pet into a ring of abused animals thought to do nothing but kill then your a POS plan and simple and maybe euthanasia should be legalized.

Thanks dude! I just have a soft spot b/c I've personally worked with "dangerous" dogs like Pitts, Rottweillers, etc...I have a soft spot for them, and it's hard enough trying to prove to the world that these dogs aren't vicious killers; people like jroc and redskins4ever make this hard.

Hog. I know they aren't vicious killers. Like I said I've owned Pits and never treated them wrong. Nicest dogs you can have imo. People train them to be "dangerous". I hate the bad rap they get too.

Hog. I know they aren't vicious killers. Like I said I've owned Pits and never treated them wrong. Nicest dogs you can have imo. People train them to be "dangerous". I hate the bad rap they get too.

I don't think anyone was criticizing the dogs...

Dogs are trained to be what they are.

It's the owners and what they do with them that gives the breed a bad name.

Thanks man. Look, I don't know you, and I feel bad for calling you names...that is out of character for me. I'm just very sensitive about dog fighting. It's a barbaric thing to do, and people really need to step up to end it. How can any logical human being defend dog fighting and think it is OK? It's not.

I am really glad to hear you've never treated your dogs bad, and I hope you too can help prove that dogs like German Shepards, Boxers, Rotts, Pits, Doberman Pinchers, etc...are NOT bad dogs. 99% of the time, it's the owner, not the dog/breed that is at fault for the behavior.

True Enlightenment can only be achieved when you are no longer effected positively or negatively by what another person says thinks or does. It is your house that needs to be in order before worrying about another. Once self is fixed everything else falls in line

Naw man I said I didnt agree with the torture and drowning that comes with dogfighting

But you're still condoning the actual act of dogfighting itself.

Well, its good that you aren't backpedaling out of such a stupid statement. I mean, that would be embarrassing. :doh:

Thanks man. Look, I don't know you, and I feel bad for calling you names...that is out of character for me. I'm just very sensitive about dog fighting. It's a barbaric thing to do, and people really need to step up to end it. How can any logical human being defend dog fighting and think it is OK? It's not.

I am really glad to hear you've never treated your dogs bad, and I hope you too can help prove that dogs like German Shepards, Boxers, Rotts, Pits, Doberman Pinchers, etc...are NOT bad dogs. 99% of the time, it's the owner, not the dog/breed that is at fault for the behavior.

No problem. I'm sorry for getting you riled up man. Here's to the Skins taking out the Eagles

:cheers: :eaglesuck

True Enlightenment can only be achieved when you are no longer effected positively or negatively by what another person says thinks or does. It is your house that needs to be in order before worrying about another. Once self is fixed everything else falls in line

Oh, okay, so I'll condone what others are doing, as long as its not happening in my house. No need to worry.

I was just joking with the Yoda thing...Really, this is completely wrong. EVERYONE in the world is affected by other peoples actions / reactions. So if my neighbor kills his wife, since it didn't happen in my house, I shouldn't worry about it? No need for 911 right? I mean, I don't dog fight, beat my gal, so I'm all good. I got food in my pantry, so no need to worry about starving kids in 3rd world countries eh? In short, I do not support your statement.

Oh, okay, so I'll condone what others are doing, as long as its not happening in my house. No need to worry.

I never mentioned condoning anything and my use of the word house was symbolic of self, not a material dwelling. What you do does not effect me personally nor should it.....

So, what exactly should CP say? I mean why doesnt he say something stupid against Vick which can then be used as motivation. And what exactly is the big deal of rooting for him? He didn't say I am rooting for him to beat us on Sunday (unless that just wasn't posted), he said he is rooting for him, even if we are playing him. When you ever played sports, did you ever find yourself rooting or respecting an opposing player because they were better than all on the field. You weren't rooting for him/her to win by jumping up and down, etc. Remember when Randy Moss played for the Vikings and there is a clip of him getting off of the bench stating he's got to watch because it is Brett Favre playing, what exactly was wrong with that?

I never mentioned condoning anything and my use of the word house was symbolic of self, not a material dwelling. What you do does not effect me personally nor should it.....

And? My point stands, and I knew you weren't referring to my physical abode.

Just because its not being done by me, or you, doesn't mean we shouldn't worry about it.

Isn't that the same thing tr1 is saying? Trying to apply his social standards on the rest of us? My point is don't force me to hate someone based on what they did. Everyone makes a mistake once, but that doesn't mean they are a bad person.He has paid for his bad behavior set up by social standards. What CP said is nothing to get your underwear in a bunch. Time to move on.

No. He's applying the social standards of the society in which Vick's crimes took place, as it relates to dogs. What you're doing is downplaying his crimes and pretending he got into some dog fight in the back yard. When people make "mistakes" that doesn't mean organize a illegal gambling group and building the facilities to house this group. There is a term for that: organized crime.

IMO that does make him a bad person. An extremely bad person. The fact that he was a party recently with a co-conspirator that happened to get shot tells me he hasn't changed much. People getting shot at your birthday party isn't routine behavior and I'm not going to pretend it is because you fanboys like how pretty Vick looks when running on the football field. His brother is a scumbag too. He didn't accidentally organize an illegal gambling ring around dog fighting. He didn't accidentally choose to have scumbag friends.

Having said that I have no problem with him being in the league. I'm not going to get in the way of him earning a living having paid his debt... but I'm not going to pretend a criminal is a saint because he runs fast.

So, what exactly should CP say? I mean why doesnt he say something stupid against Vick which can then be used as motivation. And what exactly is the big deal of rooting for him? He didn't say I am rooting for him to beat us on Sunday (unless that just wasn't posted), he said he is rooting for him, even if we are playing him. When you ever played sports, did you ever find yourself rooting or respecting an opposing player because they were better than all on the field. You weren't rooting for him/her to win by jumping up and down, etc. Remember when Randy Moss played for the Vikings and there is a clip of him getting off of the bench stating he's got to watch because it is Brett Favre playing, what exactly was wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with watching but I don't think Randy wanted him to play good against them. Saying you want a player on the opposing team to play well against you isn't right

I was just joking with the Yoda thing...Really, this is completely wrong. EVERYONE in the world is affected by other peoples actions / reactions. So if my neighbor kills his wife, since it didn't happen in my house, I shouldn't worry about it? No need for 911 right? I mean, I don't dog fight, beat my gal, so I'm all good. I got food in my pantry, so no need to worry about starving kids in 3rd world countries eh? In short, I do not support your statement.

Your missing my point.....if something directly affects you that is of a different matter....as an individual you cannot force someone elses house to be in order only your own, if everyone had that mindset the man would not kill his wife and food would be abundant even in 3rd world countries.

Archived