Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh no he didnt! Portis on Vick. "I always root for Michael Vick....even when we play him."

Mad Mike

leave it to us to make something out of nothing. Just like i root for dennis dixon even though i hate the steelers i wnt him to throw for 500 yards in a L every week and i will be happy. DOes anyone really think portis wants to lose this game or will be ok with it if Vick has a good game? If you do (i msorry to stoop to name calling) you are an idiot

Listen i never get angry at what CP says, i love him. But to say he is rooting for the person he is playing is plain old stupid.

Not really the way people are interpreting his comments is plain old stupid. He wants vick to do great for himself and his family(it's called compassion for another human being other than yourself) what is he supposed to say man i hope this guy fails miserably and is out of the league by the end of the year? Seriously i want just 1 player of any team to come forward and say something like that. it would just show what a **** HUMAN BEING THEY ARE.

This is yet again another example of how the locker room needs a clean sweep. These millionares who frankly don't care about their teams, or fans. It's become all about the money for most of these vet Redskins. :( Lest we forget the bloodshed and blood lust that was Michael Vick and his dog killing, drowning, electrocuted dog fighting farm. I'm sick and tired of the NFL shoving this guy down our throats.

Meh who cares? It's Portis. He's gonna always say what he thinks and he don't care if you like it or not. He expects you not to like it or him and I'm sure this is how many people feel too. Everyone roots for everyone, when someone gets injured do you see people celebrating or being concerned? Think about it. Football is a brotherhood, they hang out and are friend with each other. Just because a player wears the colors doesn't mean he's not a fan of other players or other teams. It's a job man.

Clintin portis is the high class statesman that said vick should be able to do whatever he wants with "his" property..i.e. dogs.

Clinton Portis is an illiterate piece of ghetto trash.....just like vick.......and you all should be embarrassed that he is on your team.

i am embarrassed and i hope we get rid of this dumb **** soon. but this aint nowhere near as embarrassing as the slide he took against the rams. i hope this guy gets released soon. and many other skins can join him. its time to clean out the locker room. there are only a few that are worth keeping.

the fact that many skins fans were siding with portis against riggins a few years ago makes me sick to my stomach. Riggins is Redskins for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really the way people are interpreting his comments is plain old stupid. He wants vick to do great for himself and his family(it's called compassion for another human being other than yourself) what is he supposed to say man i hope this guy fails miserably and is out of the league by the end of the year? Seriously i want just 1 player of any team to come forward and say something like that. it would just show what a **** HUMAN BEING THEY ARE.

No. I expect him to say say something like " I love watching him play and I root for him every Sunday, Just not this Sunday when we play him."

See how that works? No ill will. Supportive of Vick. But ALSO supporting his team and team mates.

Now about that idiot comment.... :rolleyes:

Alot of people cheer for Vick. There are more Falcons fans here in Atlanta cheering for Vick than they do for the Falcons. Contrary to popular belief Vick has probably gained more fans in this situation than he lost. Many fans didnt like him before because he was ****y and arrogant. Now he is looked at as someone who had to go to prison for dog fighting, and defied the critics who said he was washed up. Americans love an underdog and feel good story. He's definitely gained more fans that want to see him succeed. Even the current players in the league when they play against him try to stop him, but when he's doing his thing on the field they marvel at his abilities and make beneficial comments amongst one another.

Rarely do you see the creation and operation of an organized crime ring down played as an "unfortunate situation". That's even worse than people still trying to pretend all he did was dog fighting. The guy created an illegal gambling ring with criminals from multiple states that centered on dog fighting that took place in a location he built for that purpose. That a great deal more serious they entering an unfortunate animal in a dog fight. I hope Vick throw 5 picks and runs his ass right into a few Orakpo and Landry hits this weekend.... and I hope Clinton Portis is left in DC to nurse his wrist and find his courage.

Clinton "QB Slide" Portis needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Does anyone understand what Portis is trying to say? He's not actually rooting for Vick. He's just showing Vick his support because there are a lot of people who still don't like Vick because of the dog fighting incidents. Portis is only saying what the averge Joe is scared to say.

If you ever get a chance, take a look at some dog fighting film.

Then, tell us what you think about a guy who'd let that happen at his house.

Then, tell us what you think about a guy who'd let that happen at his house.

Let it happen? Try organize a criminal enterprise bringing in illegal dog fighters from multiple states at a compound you had purpose built for dog fighting. This isn't a backyard dog fighting incident. Vick thought enough of his past time to organize a league of his own and build a facility to house it.

Just call it like you see it... the guy is a criminal. He has criminal friends and engages in criminal activity. A guy got shot at his birthday party here recently. Show of hands how many of you had a shooting at your last party? How many of you hang out with people that shoot other people at parties?

Rarely do you see the creation and operation of an organized crime ring down played as an "unfortunate situation". That's even worse than people still trying to pretend all he did was dog fighting. The guy created an illegal gambling ring with criminals from multiple states that centered on dog fighting that took place in a location he built for that purpose. That a great deal more serious they entering an unfortunate animal in a dog fight. I hope Vick throw 5 picks and runs his ass right into a few Orakpo and Landry hits this weekend.... and I hope Clinton Portis is left in DC to nurse his wrist and find his courage.

Clinton "QB Slide" Portis needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Amen.

Again, for anyone who defends Vick's behavior, I'd suggest trying to view a film of dog fights.

Your opinion of him will change instantly.

Amen.

Again, for anyone who defends Vick's behavior, I'd suggest trying to view a film of dog fights.

Your opinion of him will change instantly.

Your love for something might be different to someone else and that doesn't mean they should conform to your idealism.

There are humans in this world who eat dogs and cats for lunch.

Archived