Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

The McPizza

Once again, Nuclear Toast Laboratories returns with a new cooksperiment. I can't take credit for the idea, since I saw it on the intartubes, but that didn't stop me from investigating this concept and bringing you the hard-hitting, gritty truth.

I love pizza. So any opportunity to try a new type of pizza is always welcome. And since this one doesn't seem to have any name, I've dubbed it "McPizza".

First, we need some ingredients. Boboli (whole wheat, of course), sauce, cheese, and... what? Mickey D's?

mcpizza01.jpg

The contents of the McD's bag: two cheeseburgers, medium fries, 4-piece chicken McNuggets. And, inexplicably, a straw.

mcpizza02.jpg

Start with the Boboli crust.

mcpizza03.jpg

Add sauce, top with oregano.

mcpizza04.jpg

Add the key McToppings.

mcpizza06.jpg

Layer on the cheese.

mcpizza07.jpg

Close-up of some key ingredients.

mcpizza08.jpg

Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes until the cheese starts getting crunchy around the edges. Here's the McPizza fresh out of the oven.

mcpizza09.jpg

I used a pizza cutter to slice up all the McGoodness.

mcpizza10.jpg

Round-robin bite-taking to distribute the delicious taste sensations. Hamburger-y fry-y chicken-y pizza!

mcpizza11.jpg

To answer everyone's first question, it tastes exactly like you'd expect. Hamburger+pizza or french fries+pizza or chicken nugglets+pizza. That being said, this is one of the most awesome pizzas I've ever had, and believe me, I've put away my fair share. The pickles in the cheeseburger are a nice touch; the fries are just amazing this way, and the chicken McNuggets are surprisingly delicious. Maybe it's just the jalapenos.

The lab notes section:

This thing is really filling. Extremely filling. So a smaller pizza than you're used to will feed the normal crowd.

Smush the cheeseburgers in the wrapper before you put them on the pizza, so they're not as vertical.

I had to arrange the fries to get good coverage without a lot of holes or parts hanging over the edge.

Eating was a challenge, as the cheese helped make the toppings a layer that wanted to separate from the sauce/crust combination below. So taking a bite would cause the whole topping layer to rise up, pivoting at the bite point, and smack you in the nose. This is a sloppy-eating pizza.

Reheating was easy. One minute in the microwave, then about 8 minutes in the oven to restore the crispness.

Would I make the McPizza again? Oh HELL yes.

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Would I make the McPizza again? Oh HELL yes.

Looks tempting, I'll probably try it when my wife isn't here for dinner.

One question though, why the fake Kraft Free cheese?

I have discovered Kraft's Parmesan & Mozzarella blend which is the perfect pizza cheese. :thumbsup: