Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

324548.jpg

Ok, what's the answer to this puzzle, other than the mind-in-the-gutter obvious one? I thought maybe "Luck be in the air tonight," (especially since the image is from "Wheel at Venetian") but "air" wouldn't work because the letter i has already been revealed.

SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. (AP) -- The mayor of Sun Prairie has learned a valuable lesson about one of his city's most famous critters.

You don't want to get too close to a groundhog.

During the Groundhogs Day celebration Monday in Sun Prairie, Jimmy's handler held the groundhog next the face of Mayor Jonathan Freund and Jimmy promptly bit down on the mayor's ear.

Go to the 0:35 mark of the video here:  http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Jimmy-the-Groundhog-turns-on-the-mayor-290547131.html

Ok, what's the answer to this puzzle, other than the mind-in-the-gutter obvious one? I thought maybe "Luck be in the air tonight," (especially since the image is from "Wheel at Venetian") but "air" wouldn't work because the letter i has already been revealed.

So I did a little googling and found this version of the photo:

B8uTOJ0CcAAxhuN.png

Notice that the "i" in "in" hasn't been revealed in this version of the photo.  So the answer is indeed likely to be "Luck be in the air tonight." 

Edited by Dan T.

So I did a little googling and found this version of the photo:

Notice that the "i" in "in" hasn't been revealed in this version of the photo.  So the answer is indeed likely to be "Luck be in the air tonight." 

Yah, but the 'i' hasn't been revealed in 'tonight' yet either.  So someone bought an 'i' and it was flipped in 'in' and 'tonight' and Vanna returned to her "ready position without revealing 'air'.

So I don't think it's "Luck be in the air tonight" which is a shame because this has been driving me nuts all afternoon  :-(

Yah, but the 'i' hasn't been revealed in 'tonight' yet either.  So someone bought an 'i' and it was flipped in 'in' and 'tonight' and Vanna returned to her "ready position without revealing 'air'.

So I don't think it's "Luck be in the air tonight" which is a shame because this has been driving me nuts all afternoon  :-(

???  No "i" is revealed in this version of the photo.  "Luck be in the air tonight" is the logical, and possible, answer.

I suspect somebody Photoshopped in the"i" in the version RawBBQSauce posted to force a dirty answer.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

Might be photoshopped.  Look how "Tonight" isn't reflected off the floor in the original image.  

Also: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/2ug2xx/luck_be_in_the_air_tonight/

???  No "i" is revealed in this version of the photo.  "Luck be in the air tonight" is the logical, and possible, answer.

RIght, but Vanna later reveals only two out of 3 'i' 's then returns to ready position in the first photo?  I'm just going to go with photoshopped (or aliens) so I can get back to work...

Potential #1 self-pwnage of all time...whatever happened to that Darwin Awards thread? 

This may rank as one of the deadlier selfies-that-kill stories: The photos likely contributed to not one person's death, but two. The NTSB report on a May 31 plane crash in Watkins, Colo., cites recordings from a GoPro camera found at the scene.

They show pilot Amritpal Singh, 29, and his passenger using their cellphones to take selfies. The report indicates that the phones' flashes disoriented Singh (it was sometime after 12:30am); he then lost control of the plane, reports KUSA-TV.

A portion of the report via the Denver Post: "Post-accident examination of the airplane did not reveal any pre-impact anomalies that would have precluded normal operation. Based on the wreckage distribution ... and the degraded visual reference conditions, it is likely that the pilot experienced spatial disorientation and lost control of the airplane." CBS Denver notes the selfies were taken at low altitudes, and speaks with an aviation security expert who knew Singh. Jeff Price says that a camera flash can be particularly problematic at those altitudes. He recounts being in the ****pit once when a flash went off; it was as jarring as lightning, he says.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/02/03/selfies-likely-cause-deadly-plane-crash/