Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

Damn, Arizona has loaded up in this draft.  They really beefed up their secondary, and if they can continue building their lines, they can get good.  Really tough division, but they could be a worst to first candidate.

The Rams are having a home run draft though, they're getting a lot better too.

But they're still stuck with Kyler. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

Eagles draft is quite good thus far, unfortunately.

The team is a house of cards. HC barely survived. The qb took a huge step back. Kielce who sets the protections and is the key to the push play is gone.  New coordinators for second year in a row. A little adversity and that whole thing blows up in flames. 

• Like 5

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

The team is a house of cards. HC barely survived. The qb took a huge step back. Kielce who sets the protections and is the key to the push play is gone.  New coordinators for second year in a row. A little adversity and that whole thing blows up in flames. 

The comment was mainly because I am big fans of both Cooper DeJean & Mitchell. Their secondary got a whole lot better.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they want to run the ball down teams throat, Mahongany.  Still on the board

He is another plodder. His lateral mobility is lacking. But at this point he is worth a stab at it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

He is another plodder. His lateral mobility is lacking. But at this point he is worth a stab at it. 

He's a mauler.  Good RAS so some athleticism in him.  Has issues with slippery pass rushers.  Definitely a project but his wins are fun.  He's built like the Rock but with a gut.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I think you're all dangerous . That's why I accepted the mod job: To bring law and order to a ruthless perilous hellscape and leave a long line of bodies behind me of those who viciously opposed this sacred mission. 

patton.jpg.c79fab9c63c845d474df49bfbfc0e2f7.jpg

• Haha 1

As to some of the NFC East recent picks.

I like Shipley more than most.  Love him as a pass catcher.

I like Theo Johnson less than most -- yeah he killed it in the combine but IMO he's just OK as a player

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I liked bucky Irving. 😐

But you guys know I've always said I don't dive deep into college ball. Been pro ball, and a Washington fan since I was 6.

Growing up in AK you just don't have a lot of college rivalries or division wars that you identify with football wise.

The pros, NBA and NFL, were big up there and AAA to Class A baseball was big (Glacier Pilots).

But not college bb or football, though many folks followed Huskie football and Gonzaga  bb cuz they're closest geographically and in travel back and forth.

WA state was our little civilized cousin. 🥶

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Guys still left

Johnny Wilson is someone that intrigued me pre draft. Massive WR, might be someone you could bulk up a bit and use as a move TE.

Cam Hart is a good corner as well. Has size/length to play outside.

IMG_4623.thumb.png.7557aad54d0537d2a5b09933d898b59b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

The comment was mainly because I am big fans of both Cooper DeJean & Mitchell. Their secondary got a whole lot better.

Howie is the best in the business in talent acquisition for sure. But I think they will have a bad year. I expect DQ to have the longest tenure in the division a year from now. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I liked bucky Irving. 😐

But you guys know I've always said I don't dive deep into college ball. Been pro ball, and a Washington fan since I was 6.

Growing up in AK you just don't have a lot of college rivalries or division wars that you identify with football wise.

The pros, NBA and NFL, were big up there and AAA to Class A baseball was big (Glacier Pilots).

But not college bb or football, though many folks followed Huskie football and Gonzaga  bb cuz they're closest geographically and in travel back and forth.

WA state was our little civilized cousin. 🥶

IMHO there is an underrated RB of similar ilk of Irving left in Blake Watson.  One of my favorite mid-round-late round types in the draft.   Not as elusive as Irving but IMO an even better pass catcher and is faster than him.

• Like 2

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Howie is the best in the business in talent acquisition for sure. But I think they will have a bad year. I expect DQ to have the longest tenure in the division a year from now. 

I am going to be interested in watching the stupid ****ing tush push with Kelce gone. I suspect that dumb ass play wont work as well now. :)

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2