Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2024 NFL Draft Day Thread

zCommander

6 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

milne was gone last year. he's in the ufl right now and he's still doing the same things against lower competition.

As far as I know milne is still on our roster.

Are you thinking of someone else or am I mistaken here?

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

hahaha crap you are right. I'm thinking of trey Quinn. they sorta blend together.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I think people are getting too hung up on the rankings of the Corner prospects.

There was likely only 2 shut down Corners available in the first, the rest were likely good starters, but not necessarily that much of a game changer.  I think that's why we didn't go with Dejean even though he did seem to pop some.

And the three guys in the first all got taken at picks 22-30.

If these guys were the brow beaters everyone said they were given how much the rules have changed recently you'd think at least one gets in the top 15.

I keep thinking about interviews of Joe Whitt, and Dan Quinn, and they want aggressive, physical play makers, and while some of these guys contest catches, I didn't see high pick counts from many of the corners taken before Mike at Slot.  Maybe I'm misreading that? Its possible, but given many of this years crop are shorter, and slower that plays a factor also I think.

I keep thinking of Joe Whitt as well when we drafted  Mike . The ball is life statement and not everyone lives like us.I sure believe Mike is everything we want in a player for this franchise. Great pick and teams will be asking how did he last to pick 50 by next year.

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McCaffrey -- didn't love or hate him watching him.  Physical receiver for his size.  Not the best seperator.  Good athlete.  High intangibles.  So I'll trust it.

The ‘trouble separating’ part is probably due to his rawness running routes. His 3 cone and shuttle numbers are elite so he has the quickness. 

I like the pick - he’s a guy who is just scratching the surface as a receiver. With coaching I think he’s going to be a very very productive slot. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I'd like to see us select another tackle: C. Jones or J. Foster in th 5th, or W. Rouse in the 7th.  A few quality CBs still available: Tampa, Hart, Jackson, Carson, etc.  An LB to be groomed by Wagner would also be a good option. Trotter and Green will probably go in 4th. Eichenberg should be there for us in the 5th.

I’m with you here. I think a good backer prospect will be there in the 5th. An underrated backet prospect to watch in the 5th is Jordan Magee from Temple. Could potentially get him with the pick they got from Philly.

I’m with you on Foster or C. Jones in the 5th. If Austin Booker makes it to that first 5th round pick, you have to take him there. Boom or bust prospect but, if he hits, you will have found the guy to add to this rotation who can win quick and with a number of pass rush moves

I really wish we had another 5th. Shouldve traded out of 100 into the early to mid 4th and still have gotten McCaffrey. Someone had to have made an offer there. It’s a spot where a team can snag the guy it wants before teams have the chance to revisit their boards going into Day 3

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The one pick that I am not sold on is Coleman. But the the guy has everything you want in a LT physically. If Colemen develops into a starting LT this draft will be beyond great. As far as everyone else we have drafted other than injury there is no doubt they will all contribute immediately.

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

The ‘trouble separating’ part is probably due to his rawness running routes. His 3 cone and shuttle numbers are elite so he has the quickness. 

I like the pick - he’s a guy who is just scratching the surface as a receiver. With coaching I think he’s going to be a very very productive slot. 

Agree with all of that, yeah he is the player I watched some more last night post draft.  

• Like 1

Here is where Adam Peters shines!  In the mid/late part of the draft.  I do expect a trade or trades today and some future gems from the picks made today.  Go get'm Adam!  :)  

17 minutes ago, redskinss said:

he's mixing up Milne and Trey Quinn, I think.  Milne was around but on IR for most or all of last year

If they fall to the 5th, fingers crossed

Austin Booker

Brennan Jackson

M. Kamara

C. Stover

McLachlan

Cam Hart

Abrams-Draine

J. Wright

B. Watson

J. Foster

Mahogny

Brownless

R. Davis -- if not for his age but he age makes me wonder

Estime -- but want more speed in the RB room, he's more power

Am ruling out slot WRs at this point otherwise there are three I like

Not as high as some on Tampa but in the 5th its good, though looked more like a zone corner to me

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Veretax said:

And there goes Ja'Tavion Sanders and Troy Franklin

TE still looks good to me. Stover and McClahlan in the 5th would entice me.  Kliff likes 12 personnel sets.  So more TEs wouldn't feel redundant,.

As for O line the dude I'd pound the table for is Javon Foster

• Like 1

This “Peters killed it by passing on a tackle” narrative is groupthink homer talk. Look at the organizations who picked up those tackles. Paul to the Fins, Suataiama to the Chiefs and Rosengarten to the Ravens. All dumb orgs right?

It was absolutely worth it taking one of those guys at 50 or 53. If one of those guys becomes even a Bolles level left tackle, he is not seeing FA for 10 years. It was absolutely worth taking that gamble over drafting a slot corner.  You want to go bring in a great slot corner? Go sign a guy for a $5M-$6M AAV. That is what Mike Hilton is getting paid.

For those of you arguing that the answer is Coleman, there was clearly a separation between the 3 guys I cited and Coleman

Edited by method man
  • Thumb up 1

Like @SkinsinparadiseI had trouble logging in yesterday. Missed watching the draft with you degenerates. 😆

Newton is a truck. I was surprised he was still available. I was a bit surprised that we picked him, but there’s zero doubt that he’s a great football player. Excited to see Quinn’s DL packages. 

I liked the rest of our picks, although they all felt like slight reaches to me. As a former DB myself, I love watching Sainristil play. I’m excited to watch him hit some people. 

I’m sure it was tempting to stay put and draft Cooper…but they obviously felt differently. 

Boards and rankings don’t mean jack squat after today. I’m hopeful that all of these guys can contribute to a new era in DC. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Like @SkinsinparadiseI had trouble logging in yesterday. Missed watching the draft with you degenerates. 😆

Newton is a truck. I was surprised he was still available. I was a bit surprised that we picked him, but there’s zero doubt that he’s a great football player. Excited to see Quinn’s DL packages. 

I liked the rest of our picks, although they all felt like slight reaches to me. As a former DB myself, I love watching Sainristil play. I’m excited to watch him hit some people. 

I’m sure it was tempting to stay put and draft Cooper…but they obviously felt differently. 

Boards and rankings don’t mean jack squat after today. I’m hopeful that all of these guys can contribute to a new era in DC. 

I couldn’t log in either. On my phone. But it worked in the computer. Definitely missed ya’lls expert analysis 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

TE still looks good to me. Stover and McClahlan in the 5th would entice me.  Kliff likes 12 personnel sets.  So more TEs wouldn't feel redundant,.

As for O line the dude I'd pound the table for is Javon Foster

Now, I was not high on Sanders, I removed him from my board because I thought he disappeared ing ames, and had no reason to discount my concerns, there are other TEs I like.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

If I had to pick a spot that is too loaded left to skip its edge.

My favorite left is Austin Booker.  But I also dig Solomon, X. Thomas. M. Kamara, Brennan Jackson.  C. Johnson not bad either.  

I believe Keim and someone else (Spielman maybe, it was more speculative from him) both said don't be surprised if an Edge is taken at some point. I'm expecting it. 

• Like 1